Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (5 Viewers)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: Rockstar Beta 1.0.1 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

rockstar has stopped working for me , i get the errror, unable to perform seach, playlists wont load too, i have upgraded to MediaPortal 1.1.2
    Has anyone else got any problems with rockstar with ver MediaPortal 1.1.2, or is there a fault with the plugin...

Thanks ....

Both Grooveshark and Spotify working fine here on MP 1.1.0.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Rockstar Beta 1.0.1 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

Hi best people,

Today I installed the plugin, and after filling in the username and password for both Spotify and Grooveshark I'm also getting within in a popup menu the error "unable to perform seach". After several experiments to get this plugin working I tried MPgrooveshark and that one is working.

Is there somebody who did find the solution?

I'm running Vista and MP1.1.1., Internet etc is running perfectly. Ow BTW I did also disabled the FW but this didn't matter.

Hope that somebody has some pointers or will help me.

Johnnie

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Hi best people,

Today I installed the plugin, and after filling in the username and password for both Spotify and Grooveshark I'm also getting within in a popup menu the error "unable to perform seach". After several experiments to get this plugin working I tried MPgrooveshark and that one is working.

I'm running Vista and MP1.1.1., Internet etc is running perfectly. Ow BTW I did also disabled the FW but this didn't matter.

Johnnie

Please try first disabling Spotify and then enabling Grooveshark to see if it makes any difference, then other way around.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

I have excatly same problems as Johnnie when searching "unable to perform search".

When clicking on playlists, first i get also an error "Unable to load playlists". but if I click again, it loads my playlist fine.

If clicking item on playlist I get "Streaming selected track failed"

Tried updating to 1.0.1, but this did not fix anything.

I'm using Grooveshark account (Spotify does not work in denmark).

I have no problems streaming from webbrowser.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi best people,

Johnnie

Please try first disabling Spotify and then enabling Grooveshark to see if it makes any difference, then other way around.

Hi Seco,

Spotify now works, but when I enable Grooveshark together with Spotify I'm receiving the error message again. Do you have more valuable tips like this, because i did make the step from 0 to 50% right now :D

Johnnie

marson

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2007
    uk
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have noticed that grooveshark has updated its website , it used to have a picture of a shark that filled with colour has the webpage loaded
    goes straight to the main page now.

i still have the same fault using rockstar ver 1.0.1 using MediaPortal 1.1.2

search music = error occurred ,unable to perform search , same on load playlist

Any help on this, miss this great plugin Thanks.....

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

For everyone having problems with Grooveshark:

1. Disable Spotify in configuration
    2. Double-check and re-input Grooveshark username and password in configuration
    3. Perform a search, report results (succeeds/fails)
    4. Post all logs in Mediaportal logs directory here
    5. Post your Mediaportal and Rockstar version

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Rockstar Beta 1.0.1 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

Hi,

here are my results:

1. Disable Spotify in configuration
    It has never been enabled.
    2. Double-check and re-input Grooveshark username and password in configuration
    Done
    3. Perform a search, report results (succeeds/fails)
    Done, result is both times: Fail
    4. Post all logs in Mediaportal logs directory here
    See attached
    5. Post your Mediaportal and Rockstar version
    1.1.2 and 1.0.1

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I think I have located the problem with Grooveshark, stay tuned for Rockstar 1.0.2..

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Rockstar Beta 1.0.1 - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark)

That was quick! When do you think it will be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom