Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (3 Viewers)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    after upgrading to MP 1.8 - I tried the Basic layout for skin (Titan) ... (instead of "Classic" layout I've always used.)

When Titan skin is in Basic home screen - I can't see Rockstar plugin (I've tried to have it in home and "plugins" - still not visible.)
    When Titan is in Classic mode, it works as usual.

EricSnijders

Portal Member
    April 16, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rockstar is not working for me on MP 1.7.1 Hotfix.

I´m using the skin: StreamMP.

When i try to start Rockstar it just says: Invalid or missing file.
    Here is the error in the log:

[2014-08-07 06:34:24,244] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:Rockstar.UI.RockstarPlugin Unable to load playlist from source 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\Rockstar\Playlists2.1\.default_playlist.xml' Rockstar bij Rockstar.Management.PlaylistStoreManager.LoadLocalPlaylist(String name)
    bij Rockstar.Management.PlaylistStoreManager..ctor(Dictionary`2 clients)
    bij Rockstar.RockstarCore.InitializeComponents()
    bij Rockstar.UI.RockstarPlugin.InitializeComponentsAndEvents()
    bij Rockstar.UI.RockstarPlugin.Init()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

I already reinstalled the plugin, but it didn''t help. I looked in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\, but there is no folder "Rockstar".

alexfon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had the same issue. I think there is some corruption in Rockstar Databasefiles. I restored the complete Database Folder and everything was fine. Hope, you made a backup.

You will find then in:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\Rockstar

Sorry, I just realized that that you don not have the needed Folder, sorry.

Last edited:

Jamez61

Portal Member
    September 27, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am using it for Spotify and it's awesome thanks. Just 2 things I'd love to see improved if poss:
    1. I select "random" and leave "repeat" unselected, but it often repeats the same song 2 or 3 times, even in a row. I would love this selection criteria to play random songs without repeating any.
    2. The radio function in Spotify is very powerful. It would be ideal if I could select a playlist or song with the "info" button and chose to play radio based on this playlist, just like I can in the Spotify app.
    Thanks again for making such a great plugin, I use it all the time. Happy to donate too if you would like?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am using it for Spotify and it's awesome thanks. Just 2 things I'd love to see improved if poss:
    1. I select "random" and leave "repeat" unselected, but it often repeats the same song 2 or 3 times, even in a row. I would love this selection criteria to play random songs without repeating any.
    2. The radio function in Spotify is very powerful. It would be ideal if I could select a playlist or song with the "info" button and chose to play radio based on this playlist, just like I can in the Spotify app.
    Thanks again for making such a great plugin, I use it all the time. Happy to donate too if you would like?

Hi,

1. Random is random so it does not have any "rules" not to play same songs etc., otherwise it would not be random. Playing same song twice in a row is just as likely than playing two different songs. Still, I agree with you
    2. Radio has been requested many times in this thread (use search) and I've replied that Spotify API has no support for radio (it was removed years ago) so this is not going to happen.

Jamez61

Portal Member
    September 27, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi,

1. Random is random so it does not have any "rules" not to play same songs etc., otherwise it would not be random. Playing same song twice in a row is just as likely than playing two different songs. Still, I agree with you
    2. Radio has been requested many times in this thread (use search) and I've replied that Spotify API has no support for radio (it was removed years ago) so this is not going to happen.

Thanks for the quick reply,
    Shame about the API limitations, but thanks for looking into it. Regarding random feature, can I suggest that this works in conjunction with the "repeat" button, so that if both are selected it is truly random (repeating) and if "repeat" isn't selected then it plays randomly but doesn't repeat the songs? This would be great, to allow users to listen through a playlist without repeating songs but also without having to hear songs bunched together in the order they were added (often several songs by the same artist are added at once).

Thanks, James

Ruben35

Portal Member
    September 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm still on MP 1.2.3
    Where can I get the older version for download?

Rockstar 2.1.8 for Mediaportal 1.2.x & 1.3.0 Alpha – 14.9.2012

Thank you for your great support !!!

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    When will RockStar be updated for MP1.9 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom