Rotate img (1 Viewer)

spinmar

Portal Pro
January 25, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
How can I rotate my image in MP if they are vertical?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "R"(otate)
    or use the context menu
    or define an own key mapping
    or supply the exif info
    or supply the picasa rotation info

:D

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Setting orientation

When pictures come from new cameras, MP rotates them automatically.
    The reason MP did not do it in your case is probably because the EXIF orientation is not set correctly in this picture.

Assuming your pictures are jpg's, do the following to set the orintation:
    Download EXIV2 from http://www.exiv2.org/download.html and extract the file EXIV2.exe.
    Now if for example your picture name is "c:\pictures\mypic.jpg", you can rotate the picture to position 6 (upper-right) as follows:

EXIV2 "c:\pictures\mypic.jpg" -M"set Exif.Image.Orientation 6"

The possible orientations are:
    1 Upper Left
    3 Lower Right
    6 Upper Right
    8 Lower Left

Note that you may need to rename or copy the picture since for some reason MP sometimes remembers the old orientation.

AtBadger

Portal Member
    March 9, 2007
    I usually leave the exif header intact after editing pictures, sometimes involving
    rotation, as I want to preserve some of the original's information and then
    post-process the batch using a tool like 'jhead -norot' on linux. Most image
    display programs allow you to disable exif-based rotation, but I don't believe
    MP's MyPictures currently has that option which will result in edited images
    which preserve their exif information fully sometimes being undesireably
    rotated..

Oh; I understand you can set folder.mp3/m3u to automate an audio mix
    playing with a slideshow; However, using 0.2.2, an audio mix I already
    have playing is stopped when I start a slideshow with no folder.mp3/m3u
    in the slideshow directory. Is this the expected behavior? If so, is it possible
    to disable this so my manually started audio mix will accompany the slideshow?

Thanks, Jason

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Note that you may need to rename or copy the picture since for some reason MP sometimes remembers the old orientation.

It checks the contents on reading the file the first time. You may use the re-generate thumbnails option to regenerate changed files (incl. rotation).

Users who are viewing this thread