Rotate Random Backgrounds in Basichome (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Any clues on the black background issue when fanarthandler is used?
When going into an item and then back into home it will show black since it's loading the images in the back.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Any clues on the black background issue when fanarthandler is used?
When going into an item and then back into home it will show black since it's loading the images in the back.

I have just updated the editor to use the same loading background as used in x-factor, the editor and the additional .png are in SVN - if you are not happy about grabbing this from SVN let me know and I will created an update.

Thanks

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
if you dont mind making an update that would be better.

Updated the editor package on the site, clicking 'check for update' will open the download section. For speed I have included the required .png in the archive, this will chnage when I finish the skin update feature of the editor.

cheers

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Trevor,

:D a lot for the update!
It's better then what I cameup with myself (which did not work that well). Although it's not 100% smooth yet, not sure if there's anything to do about.
I have found 2 issues over here;

1) I had to move the LoadingBackdrop.png control below the icon fix control for it to show. Could be my tweaking of streamedMP that led to that.

2) The loading backdrop will show through from occasion to occasion. I think this happens only (the same as what I had come up with) when fanart handler has loaded the first image but not the second. Then when swapping thru menu items the backdrop will show through on transition.

number 2 is minor and only happens in the first x seconds when entering basichome but it would be nice if it could be ironed out.
I have tried to fix this myself but I am unable to. Tried really complicated visibility statements on them without avail.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Hi Trevor,

:D a lot for the update!
It's better then what I cameup with myself (which did not work that well). Although it's not 100% smooth yet, not sure if there's anything to do about.
I have found 2 issues over here;

1) I had to move the LoadingBackdrop.png control below the icon fix control for it to show. Could be my tweaking of streamedMP that led to that.

2) The loading backdrop will show through from occasion to occasion. I think this happens only (the same as what I had come up with) when fanart handler has loaded the first image but not the second. Then when swapping thru menu items the backdrop will show through on transition.

number 2 is minor and only happens in the first x seconds when entering basichome but it would be nice if it could be ironed out.
I have tried to fix this myself but I am unable to. Tried really complicated visibility statements on them without avail.

first issue is an easy fix, I only tested on horizontal menu (must get out of that habit), and will be in the next release.

I have noticed the 2nd issue and not sure what to do about it, really need a loading visibility control from FH to indicate if it is loading images or not, will mail cul8er.

Thx

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
:D again trevor.
I also reported the same on the fanarthandler thread a while back but had no response. I was thinking the same thing as you, we need another dummy control indicating which images are loaded. I think that won't be too difficult for Cul8er to implement, keeping my fingers crossed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom