Rotate Random Backgrounds in Basichome (2 Viewers)

bornslippy

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
You use to add some code to the basichome.xml and it would rotate random pictures in the directory you picked. How can you do it in the last version of StreamedMP? I had no problems in earlier versions except for this one. Just wondering if anyone knows or has had success. I just want it on the home screen when you switch and highlight say trailers it rotates random pictures while sitting on that selection. Say your directory name for the pictures is \trailers\ Here is an example of the code I used in previous versions. I swore I have saved it in the new version and used it but no luck. Any suggestions?

<control>
<description>TV SHOWS BACKGROUND</description>
<id>1200</id>
<type>multiimage</type>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath>tv</imagepath>
<timeperimage>30000</timeperimage>
<fadetime>800</fadetime>
<loop>yes</loop>
<randomize>True</randomize>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(1000)</visible>
</control>

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Pictures say a million words

Attachments

• randomfanartbasichome.jpg
      randomfanartbasichome.jpg
      193.1 KB

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    No luck. I have tried several ways to do it with the Editor and not luck....:eek:

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    yeah i have the latest fan art handler installed. still didn't help. I ended going back to the beginning.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    yeah i have the latest fan art handler installed. still didn't help. I ended going back to the beginning.

That should work fine:confused:,

I you please setup Basichome using the editor as per ltfearme's post and then attache the bascihome here so I can check it.

Thanks

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country

That should work fine:confused:,

I you please setup Basichome using the editor as per ltfearme's post and then attache the bascihome here so I can check it.

Thanks

I looked last night and I think trailers was rotating. I cant remember correctly, I just know one of them besides music was. Here is the basichome.xml for you.

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Pictures say a million words

Hi Damien,

Just a quick note on usability of the editor, I was wrestling with the same issue until I twigged that you've moved to used Fanart Handler for all rotating images. Particularly because on the front tab in the editor there is a reference to multi-image basichome which you could enable by checking a box on the menu/plugin tab which doesn't exist. I was about to hand-edit my basichome when I realised that the fanart categories referred to folders that I could dump images in, replacing the ones used under the Animations folder in the StreamedMP folder.

Perhaps also the various decisions made about fanart view/default view etc for various parts of the skin that you have in the installer could instead be built into the editor, making it more of a configuration tool rather than having to jump into control panel and add/remove programs to change stuff.

Cheers,

Rob.

PS - I also meant to mention, the editor tool is spectacular and the skin is now on a completely different level to the last version I had. I'm blown away by it. I've switched over to the horizontal menu and I can't stop scrolling to see the backdrops change.

ThePlayerPPC

Portal Pro
    November 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Rotate Random Backgrounds in Basichome

How can i set the rotation time to f. e. 20sec.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom