RSS Ticker (3 Viewers)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys, I was looking for some ways to get the latest news on my HTPC and bumped on this thread (though the plugin repository).
    Is this plugin THE (only/best) way to go for and does it only give the headlines or can you also get the contents of an article with just the use of a remote?

I am a little cautious of just trying things on my system since I use it daily. :oops:

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi guys, I was looking for some ways to get the latest news on my HTPC and bumped on this thread (though the plugin repository).
    Is this plugin THE (only/best) way to go for and does it only give the headlines or can you also get the contents of an article with just the use of a remote?

I am a little cautious of just trying things on my system since I use it daily. :oops:

No, it's headlines only (no link or way to read more).

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This would be the next step for InfoService plugin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/mpinfoservice-5day-weather-rss-twitter-basic-home-60206/). Let's see what i have tonight. Should be no big deal i think (i hope :D)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

there is a rss news plugin included in mp... called rss news :D

edsche, maybe you can link the rss feeds from this plugin to your plugin instead of having rss feeds configuration in your plugin too.. so we have uniform rss feeds with only one config..

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

there is a rss news plugin included in mp... called rss news :D

edsche, maybe you can link the rss feeds from this plugin to your plugin instead of having rss feeds configuration in your plugin too.. so we have uniform rss feeds with only one config..

Yes you are right but i think, its better to combine 2 plugins into one. So you don't have to set up your rss feeds twice, receive your rss feeds twice and so on.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    mpinfoservice is process plugin, rss news is windows plugin.. you cannot mix them in one.. just use the same sources rss news has :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom