RSS Ticker (4 Viewers)

arual

Portal Member
July 30, 2008
MALAGA
Home Country
Spain Spain
Yes i already did it.

I configured the url in the config RSS ticker but just get the weather.

If i get the common.rss file from the folder of the plugin and i replace it by the one is in my X-face skin folder i get the RSS feed in the main menu at the bottom but i´d like to have the RSS in the Home basic like the pic of the 1st Post.

How can i do it, please.

Do i have to change my "homebasic.xml" file? how?

thanks very much for your help.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Code:
        <control>
            <description>RSS items</description>
            <type>fadelabel</type>
            <id>89564</id>
            <posX>25</posX>
            <posY>535</posY>
            <width>690</width>
            <font>font18</font>
            <label>#rssfeed</label>
        </control>
Put this in the window where you want the feed. adjust posX and posY to get it to show in the right place.

arual

Portal Member
July 30, 2008
MALAGA
Home Country
Spain Spain
Code:
        <control>
            <description>RSS items</description>
            <type>fadelabel</type>
            <id>89564</id>
            <posX>25</posX>
            <posY>535</posY>
            <width>690</width>
            <font>font18</font>
            <label>#rssfeed</label>
        </control>
Put this in the window where you want the feed. adjust posX and posY to get it to show in the right place.

Thanks Joz,

Ok, I´ll copy and paste that code into the "Homebasic.xml" from my skin, Do i have to paste at the end or where?

what about the "common.rss" file from the Plugin Folder? Do i have to replace it for the one i have?

Thanks again.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
it's best to paste at the bottom. Skin files are parsed (and drawn) from top to bottom. You don't want your rss feed to be hidden behind another control.

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi,

I've filled in the RSS feed in the configuration file and have it running great across the bottom of the main screen. But like the previous poster I would like to have different feeds on the bottom of the different pages.

Reading the above posts it's not clear how to do this (or even if I can do this). Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Bob.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    Is it possible to have more than One days weather with this RSS ticker? I would like to have a 5days weather info if thats possible on my basic homescreen! :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    would it be possible to upload a modded blue3 and blue3wide version of the skin? just the files needed?

pirlone

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2005
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    hi all!

I have a problem with rss ticker plugin in combination with X-Factor skin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/x-factor-316/about-x-factor-skin-52806/). after there is last news item shown in scroll line and when the ticker should start from beginning, it freezes mediaportal.
    in mediaportal.log there is infinite loop of this error (repeating endlessly) and i have to manually kill mediaportal process because it doesn't react to remote control anymore:

Code:
    2009-05-25 18:36:31.012774 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception   :Error in the application.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2009-05-25 18:36:31.012774 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception   :Error in the application.
    2009-05-25 18:36:31.013774 [Info.][MPMain]:   site      :Void BeginScene()
    2009-05-25 18:36:31.013774 [Info.][MPMain]:   source    :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2009-05-25 18:36:31.013774 [Info.][MPMain]:   stacktrace:   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

i have latest mp installation (1.0.2) and tried two diff versions of RSS-ticker plugin, one from the download section of mediaportal, and latest one (which is newer) from the first post here in this thread.

i haven't changed original basichome.xml which comes with x-factor installation.

i noticed another thing also: scrolling of news in rss thicker is very jumpy. that means it isn't fluid like other horizontal scrolling elsewhere in mp. don't know if this is skin specific problem or not. tried to find an answer in skin thread but no luck yet.

tia,
    pirlone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom