RTSP Streaming Not Working (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    There is android and ios app for MP2
    @regeszter I just want to be able to view live and recorded MP2 TV from my phone, tablet, and other devices. Using RTSP, I can now view live TV from any devices with VLC installed, which has RTSP client capabilities. What options do I have besides RTSP?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    What options do I have besides RTSP?
    Aside the mentioned Android and iOS Apps you can use any device capable of running Kodi to watch TV and Recordings from MP2 (and/or MP1 for sure)...
    With a bit fiddling you even can use any DLNA device to watch live TV from MP2. In a future (most likely the next after the recent 2.2) version this DNLA capabilities will be included directly into MP2, For now you need to fiddle around with various apps to achieve this. But it is possible even now...
    You see, there are many options also RTSP may be one of the more easier ways to do so.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Do you have schedule options using dlna?
    Hi.

Aside the mentioned Android and iOS Apps you can use any device capable of running Kodi to watch TV and Recordings from MP2 (and/or MP1 for sure)...
    With a bit fiddling you even can use any DLNA device to watch live TV from MP2. In a future (most likely the next after the recent 2.2) version this DNLA capabilities will be included directly into MP2, For now you need to fiddle around with various apps to achieve this. But it is possible even now...
    You see, there are many options also RTSP may be one of the more easier ways to do so.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you have schedule options using dlna?

Right now, nope. But that was not the question. The TO wants to watch live TV and recordings, not maintain the TV server...

question to you both, since the default is "programdata" in MP1 and MP2 , and it is confirmed a problem , will you fix it in an upcoming release ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    and it is confirmed a problem
    Can not speak for MP1, but for MP2 it is no problem. In MP2 everything related to TV is handled by the MP2 server. And the server has full rights in "ProgramData"...

This did not mean "ProgramData" is the best solution, indeed it is a very bad (the worst excerpt for an USB stick or similar) idea to use the system disc (the physical disc where Windows is installed) for Timeshift and/or Recordings. But many systems only have one physical disc so we can not assume there is a different, better place to store timeshift and recordings folder... It's pretty easy to change the folder to a better place (if there is any) before you start using TV at all...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi.

Can not speak for MP1, but for MP2 it is no problem. In MP2 everything related to TV is handled by the MP2 server. And the server has full rights in "ProgramData"...

This did not mean "ProgramData" is the best solution, indeed it is a very bad (the worst excerpt for an USB stick or similar) idea to use the system disc (the physical disc where Windows is installed) for Timeshift and/or Recordings. But many systems only have one physical disc so we can not assume there is a different, better place to store timeshift and recordings folder... It's pretty easy to change the folder to a better place (if there is any) before you start using TV at all...
    the user making this post has mp2, and the programdata problem with remote streaming/access ? , so the server has full rights is kind of a strange answer ?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    kind of a strange answer ?
    The access issue is not there if you use MP2 to watch TV as the MP2 server has full access to timeshift and recordings folder... So why it is a strange answer??? I'm pretty sure the same is valid for MP1 too but I simply don't know...

Only when you want to use external ("foreign") tools like VLC or similar there can (but not must) be an access issue... MP is not responsible for "foreign" tools imho... Especially if probably issues could be solved that easy as it is the case here...

This is completely independence from the general problem with Windows often generating too much load on the system disc for perfectly working timeshift...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The access issue is not there if you use MP2 to watch TV as the MP2 server has full access to timeshift and recordings folder... So why it is a strange answer??? I'm pretty sure the same is valid for MP1 too but I simply don't know...

Only when you want to use external ("foreign") tools like VLC or similar there can (but not must) be an access issue... MP is not responsible for "foreign" tools imho... Especially if probably issues could be solved that easy as it is the case here...

This is completely independence from the general problem with Windows often generating too much load on the system disc for perfectly working timeshift...
    No , the same error is what you get when using the MP client remotely!, streaming simpy wont work untill you change the timeshift folder to any other then the default.
    Ofcourse it does work when you have client/server on the same machine , only remote clients fail , you understand now ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom