SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    SAF is the only set of codec's installed, i rebooted and even re installed and i still get the same output, could it be driver related, Vista x86 Catalyst 9.3 with a 4350

Yor graph is OK.
    Just when installing MP SVN, do not instal MPC/MPA codecs, or reinstall SAF after MP SVN installation.

ok ill try now and report back

i reinstalled vista>updates>MP>StreamedMP skin>saf and i still get the same results, i know for 100% i only installed MP not the codec's it includes

so i included a screenshot of the file in question when its being played

Ezaum

Portal Member
    March 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    You could try unregistering and then registering the mpc audio codec again.
    To unregister: Start -> Run, then: regsvr32 /u c:\Windows\System32\MpaDecFilter.ax
    To register: Start -> Run, then: regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\MpaDecFilter.ax

Also, you could do a search on drive C: for MpaDecFilter.ax and unregister everyone you found. Since you have two register entries for the same codec there could be 2 versions of the file on your hard disk. After your search and unregistered everyone you find try registering the one in windows folder or reinstalling SAF.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country
    You could try unregistering and then registering the mpc audio codec again.
    To unregister: Start -> Run, then: regsvr32 /u c:\Windows\System32\MpaDecFilter.ax
    To register: Start -> Run, then: regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\MpaDecFilter.ax

Also, you could do a search on drive C: for MpaDecFilter.ax and unregister everyone you found. Since you have two register entries for the same codec there could be 2 versions of the file on your hard disk. After your search and unregistered everyone you find try registering the one in windows folder or reinstalling SAF.

right tried to re-register and it still shows up twice in the graph, and i know for a fact there is only one existance of the whole file on my HTPC, in the system32 directory

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Yor graph is OK.
    Just when installing MP SVN, do not instal MPC/MPA codecs, or reinstall SAF after MP SVN installation.

i reinstalled vista>updates>MP>StreamedMP skin>saf and i still get the same results, i know for 100% i only installed MP not the codec's it includes

Your graph is OK, second filter is not connected, no need to worry.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Home Country

Your graph is OK, second filter is not connected, no need to worry.

ok cheers, just strange to have a second instance thats all

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    With MPC-HC I have perfect DXVA (EVR Custom, EVR Buffer on 3 etc.) But I can't seem to get DXVA on MKV files..
    How do I get it? I did run the reg. H.264 is set to MPC - Video Decoder, but it's sooo choppy, it's the worst you can get..
    It isn't about my hardware, since MPC-HC works fine.. Can someone help please?

EDIT: how can I configure the codec? Im a little confused..

EDIT2: seems the CPU is doing alright? just between 5-20% on a fullHD movie. But it still stutters like hell, especially the sound (DTS DIGITAL) sounds very stuttering. The screen seems like it doesnt use a EVR backbuffer and is crap. I tried a different audio codec, but that doesnt help.

Pleas help

Videocard: Ati Mobillity Radeon HD3450 with 9.1 catalyst
    CPU: 2.00GHZ dualcore

Aero disabled (in MPC-HC it will screw up videos if I enable it, without it, I have full DXVA, good audio and video!)

EDIT3: Installing the AC3filter fixes the problem. Now I have another problem where I don't hear sound with all movies, but I will try to fix that :)

ASCIWhite

Portal Member
    February 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Strange problem

I have a problem with h264 (.mkv) I am using Saf 3.46 + the newest SVN. Picture on sd and tv is ok, but .mkv is very very light (Washed out).

I use nothing but SAF with Cyberlink 9 decoder on a ATi HD4500 Using also gray to black fix and ATi HD tweaks. But no matter if Uninstall all SAF filters and reinstall I still get same problem. Also I am on latest drivers from ATi the 9.3 and vista x64!

Anyone??

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    Anyone know if the people behind the MPC codec are planing to integrate Stream/Cuda support?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I have a problem with h264 (.mkv) I am using Saf 3.46 + the newest SVN. Picture on sd and tv is ok, but .mkv is very very light (Washed out).

I use nothing but SAF with Cyberlink 9 decoder on a ATi HD4500 Using also gray to black fix and ATi HD tweaks. But no matter if Uninstall all SAF filters and reinstall I still get same problem. Also I am on latest drivers from ATi the 9.3 and vista x64!

Anyone??

Try to:
    Change pixel format in Catalyst
    Disable dynamic brightness in Catalyst

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom