SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
oke, after some trying yesterday, I managed to fix a lot of issues. I still have a few though..

1: not all the trailers from Apple (mov 1080P) have sound. In MPC-HC it did. Star Trek XI trailer 3 for example doesn't switch to DB Digital on my receiver, and there is no sound at all. With Harry Potter 6 (latest trailer) I don't have this problem. I can't seem to resolve this. I use the AC3 filter, the same as I configured it as for MPC-HC, tried all sorts of different sound settings. No effect.

2: Tearing. I have the 9.1 catalyst, and in MPC-HC I didn't have tearing (had with 8.12). In Mediaportal I noticed lots of tearing though. So I enabled Vsync in the catalyst controlcenter, and the problem was much less, but still noticeble. Then I enabled Aero and (it might be coincedence) I didn't notice tearing anymore, but movement just seems different. Like it's on the edge of tearing, but just not enough to call it that. Also, with Aero enabled I noticed that sometimes the screen freezes for 1 second..

I hope someone can help me :)

btw, a tip for other users. If you don't have DXVA, go to Directshow Filters, add the MPC Video Decoder, and on config, disable the FFMPEG options, so you force it to use DXVA. It did work for me. Also, if you have stuttering problems, install the AC3filter and use that one, also add it to the Directshow filters.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
btw, a tip for other users. If you don't have DXVA, go to Directshow Filters, add the MPC Video Decoder, and on config, disable the FFMPEG options, so you force it to use DXVA. It did work for me. Also, if you have stuttering problems, install the AC3filter and use that one, also add it to the Directshow filters.

This will broke software decoding, so keep it as it is.
SAF configure it automaticly, no need to change anything...

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
well, I guess I only have DXVA enabled H.264 video's then. All my 720P content (series), 1080P content works fine? Didn't notice a video which doesn't work. They also recommend it if you configure DXVA in MPC-HC.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
well, I guess I only have DXVA enabled H.264 video's then. All my 720P content (series), 1080P content works fine? Didn't notice a video which doesn't work. They also recommend it if you configure DXVA in MPC-HC.

HD videos + subtitles won't be working.

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
May 5, 2008
Yeah you will be right I guess. But I use that MPC-HC Subtitle engine, which works great with SAF/DXVA..
To bad it depends so much on revision, and needs to be updated constantly with each revision. Otherwise you should definatly add it to this good package.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Yeah you will be right I guess. But I use that MPC-HC Subtitle engine, which works great with SAF/DXVA..
To bad it depends so much on revision, and needs to be updated constantly with each revision. Otherwise you should definatly add it to this good package.

Please, do not mess here with unofficial Media Portal mods, thanks.
When MPC-HC subtitles engine will be included in to MP officialy, i will modify SAF and support it too.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Catalyst 9.4 out - will be working? :)

have you tried 9.4??

also, i installed orb on my HTPC as i want to be able to stream media to my iphone, bu i think orb broke the codec's and now i cant fix it, ive uninstalled rebooted and re-installed but nothing will play not even music, any idea whats going on

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom