SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (7 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Can I still use ReClock as my audio renderer?

Yes, but only if you do not enbale passthrough.

Passthrough cannot work with reclock.

So I should not enable passthrough in FFDShow audio config, right?

Will this still give me digital out?

(Maybe I should just test it, but the wife will kill me if I mess things up).

:D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Will this still give me digital out?

Nope, analog only.

ReClock change speed of video rendering 23.97->25 for example, but you need to speedup audio too to prevent desync.
    But how can be audio speedup when it is passthroughted to reciever?

That is why it only work in analog mode.

maybe u can post in the thread to report it works ok for you -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-releases-315/tsreader-issues-h264-codecs-71293/
    it seems to be one of only 2 issues left before MP Client 1.1 RC1

No acces for me.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nope, analog only.

ReClock change speed of video rendering 23.97->25 for example, but you need to speedup audio too to prevent desync.
    But how can be audio speedup when it is passthroughted to reciever?

That is why it only work in analog mode.

Too bad :(

Currently I use ReClock with optical digital and it works fine (with Video, not TV), so maybe I should just stick with that.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Currently I use ReClock with optical digital and it works fine (with Video, not TV), so maybe I should just stick with that.

Well, this is only my logical conclusion. I newer used ReClock - i am on LCD - there is no need for this and all my media plays smooth.

Maybe ReClock can decode-reencode passthrough audio by some trick, who know? But i didnt think so...

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi i just tried and it seems to be working great. :)

With use of ffdshow and it's profiles would it then be possible to make a profile to change between spdif and sending it to tv. Or maybe a SAF setting?

Good, so now 3 users with working FFDShow passthrough - looks promising :)

You mean enable/disable passthrough by FFDshow profile? Yes, that should not be a problem.
    I confirm passthrough with ffdshow works fine now with dts and ac3.
    But did someone manage to get trueHD passthrough?
    It makes MP crash here.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @bushbrother; apparently there is a bug on mantis concerning h264 HDTV and all h264 codecs except coreavc not working with Win7, that might be why you are having so many problems with HD .ts, you could try coreavc (i think it is included in HDPACK2.2)
    0002437: Incompatibility between HDTV and codecs other than coreavc - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Thanks for pointing me to that. i don't get a black screen, i just get a frozen snapshot of whatever the previous screen was before hitting "play", but sounds like there maybe a MP issue.

I can confirm that CoreAVC works (I tried trial) and I also found that the Arcsoft h.264 codec works too (from HD Pack 2.2).

The really strange thing is that I got BBC HD to play once only last night using PowerDVD so I know it works, but there is something strange going on when MP builds its graph, I will try out beta 19 tonight with proppage.dll changes to see if i can connect :)

@hoborg - are you using Win7 x64?

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hoborg,

Just got home and tried Beta19test4 out. I did not even need to open the graph as it worked directly :) THANK YOU!

Not quite sure what changed but it works, I tested with graphstudio and that works too, showing PDVD9 H.248 :)

One question, when i quit mediaportal there are still many Haali icons left over (they go away after i move the mouse on them) and also some AC3 filter ones, I thought AC3 filter was removed in this version?

Thanks, and I owe you a beer for your hard work on SAF!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hoborg,

Just got home and tried Beta19test4 out. I did not even need to open the graph as it worked directly :) THANK YOU!

Not quite sure what changed but it works, I tested with graphstudio and that works too, showing PDVD9 H.248 :)

One question, when i quit mediaportal there are still many Haali icons left over (they go away after i move the mouse on them) and also some AC3 filter ones, I thought AC3 filter was removed in this version?

Thanks, and I owe you a beer for your hard work on SAF!

AC3 filter is not in beta 19any longer - dont you have installed it elsewher as separate install?
    You need to update MP to latest SVN to fix icons in try issue.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Well, this is only my logical conclusion. I newer used ReClock - i am on LCD - there is no need for this and all my media plays smooth.

Maybe ReClock can decode-reencode passthrough audio by some trick, who know? But i didnt think so...

i have used reclock in the past and you can use SPDIF out. you can either re-encode to ac3 or drop/repeat frames. I think that reclock and spdif is apparently hit and miss.

1. Re-encode to AC3: DTS bitstream -> DTS decoder -> PCM Audio -> ReClock -> Resampled PCM Audio -> AC3 Encoder -> S/PDIF to receiver

2. Passthrough mode: DTS bitstream -> ReClock -> DTS bitstream with dropped or repeated frames -> S/PDIF to receiver

Don't know how to do it in mediaportal, and i was never very succesful with it so gave up (i have 24hz display, so only needed for 23.9XX fps)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom