SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (7 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

raufiq

Portal Member
May 10, 2009
UAE
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for your efforts on this ...

I have recently installed Win7 x64 and I am having difficulty playing back TV and videos. I have tried MP 1.0.2.0 and 1.1.0.0 and both suffer from similar things.

MP 1.0.2.0: For SD TV the PowerDVD SD codec works fine but for H.264 (MPC H.264) when I go to play a video file recorded from tv (.ts) then the PC thinks that it is playing (my LCD shows time played etc.) but the whole display freezes with no video, if i press "stop" then the window becomes active again. The same occurs with live TV, the stream starts (and i can even view it using VLC) but no video is displayed, just a "frozen MP screen" until i press stop, then MP returns. DivX play fine.

MP 1.1.0.0: Using this version MP freezes and becomes unresponsive as soon as I try to play any video, nothing plays on SD or HD :(

The only way I could get HD to work was to use the CoreAVC trial codec and it plays fine, but is a bit jerky ... In windows Vista I had none of these issues, what am I doing wrong? I am using a HD3200 with ATI 9.9 drivers (latest). PLEASE HELP!

Note: I tried to use the "HDPack 2.2" H.264 codecs and the PowerDVD ones give an error on install, but are visible in MP ... they still dont work. Are there issues with x64 Win7 registering codecs?

:D

You need to *unlock* SAF and use PowerDVD h.264 for HDTV.
Hi,

can anyone tell us how to UNLOCK the SAF?

thanks

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is ac3filter removed for good now :(?
- ALL - passthrough is now done by FFDShow filter (FFDShow Audio decoder
needs to be placed in to MP video postprocessing) - this DOESN'T
broke DXVA.
- ALL - removed AC3 filter

It's so much better for ac3/dts than ffdshow.

SAF19 is test only
Bigest problem of AC3 is it doesnot support TrueHD, but it trying to decode it = no sound.

BTW, did you tryed beta19? I got only possitives now.

Please try and report.

Hi i just tried and it seems to be working great. :)

With use of ffdshow and it's profiles would it then be possible to make a profile to change between spdif and sending it to tv. Or maybe a SAF setting?

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hoborg,

I uninstalled my previous version of SAF and got rid of CoreAVC and HDPack 2.2 then restarted and installed the *unlocked* SAF Beta18. So now I have the PowerDVD SD decoder for standard def and PDVD9 for h.264. I tested on live tv and SD tv works perfect, but h.64 on BBC HD still doesnt work. It is streaming the channel and my LCD is displaying the play time, i can even press pause, rewind and they "look" like they are working, but the screen is "frozen" on the last image that was on before hitting "view channel" (the EPG). When I press stop the screnn comes back to life and is controllable again.

So I decided to test on some MKV I have, they work perfectlyu @ about 15% CPU. I then stopped and used the registry command from the SAF install to turn off DXVA for PDVD9 h.264, then replayed the same MKV, now the CPU was @ 50-60%. So mediaportal is definately using the correct filter.

Then i decided to try ITV HD channel, and it displayed! I swapped to BBC HD and it also played! then i stopped the stream and tried again, now neither of them play. So basically all of it works except for live h.264 live tv and recorded tv (in .ts), they all do this weird "frozen" image thing almost as if they are playing but do not have any output.

I tried to look at Graphstudio, I render the .ts recording from BBC HD and it renders with MPC-HC codec, it plays fine. I then deleted the filter from the graph and added the PDVD9 h.264 codec and connected the graph. This also plays perfectly.

How can I connect graphstudio to the mediaportal graph when it is playing media? I cannot work it out in Win7, do i need proppage.dll?

My system is a HD3200 onboard graphics card and Win7 x64 ultimate. HELP!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

With use of ffdshow and it's profiles would it then be possible to make a profile to change between spdif and sending it to tv. Or maybe a SAF setting?

Good, so now 3 users with working FFDShow passthrough - looks promising :)

You mean enable/disable passthrough by FFDshow profile? Yes, that should not be a problem.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Good, so now 3 users with working FFDShow passthrough - looks promising :)

You mean enable/disable passthrough by FFDshow profile? Yes, that should not be a problem.

I only tested one movie so far. Testing some other stuff too. You need to watch a whole movie in order to tell something about that.

Well yes something like that. But that requires to change sound device as well if that's possible? IE. from HDMI to spdif and visa versa. Could this be possible inside MP?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hoborg,

I uninstalled my previous version of SAF and got rid of CoreAVC and HDPack 2.2 then restarted and installed the *unlocked* SAF Beta18. So now I have the PowerDVD SD decoder for standard def and PDVD9 for h.264. I tested on live tv and SD tv works perfect, but h.64 on BBC HD still doesnt work. It is streaming the channel and my LCD is displaying the play time, i can even press pause, rewind and they "look" like they are working, but the screen is "frozen" on the last image that was on before hitting "view channel" (the EPG). When I press stop the screnn comes back to life and is controllable again.

So I decided to test on some MKV I have, they work perfectlyu @ about 15% CPU. I then stopped and used the registry command from the SAF install to turn off DXVA for PDVD9 h.264, then replayed the same MKV, now the CPU was @ 50-60%. So mediaportal is definately using the correct filter.

Then i decided to try ITV HD channel, and it displayed! I swapped to BBC HD and it also played! then i stopped the stream and tried again, now neither of them play. So basically all of it works except for live h.264 live tv and recorded tv (in .ts), they all do this weird "frozen" image thing almost as if they are playing but do not have any output.

I tried to look at Graphstudio, I render the .ts recording from BBC HD and it renders with MPC-HC codec, it plays fine. I then deleted the filter from the graph and added the PDVD9 h.264 codec and connected the graph. This also plays perfectly.

How can I connect graphstudio to the mediaportal graph when it is playing media? I cannot work it out in Win7, do i need proppage.dll?

My system is a HD3200 onboard graphics card and Win7 x64 ultimate. HELP!

1) send me SAF log (look on system root)
2) make sure you configure MP TV section acording this screen:
SAF_TV_configuration.png

3) to connect graphstudio - run MP in window, then start HDTV, then START-SAF-TOOLS-graphstudio and File-connect to remote graph

Well yes something like that. But that requires to change sound device as well if that's possible? IE. from HDMI to spdif and visa versa. Could this be possible inside MP?

You can check yourself. Look here: START-SAF-FFDSHOW-configure audio here "output" and look what you have in "Connect to:" or "miltichanel device". If you see here HDMI or something like that, then yes, it should be possible to change it "on - the - fly".

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hoborg,

OK I will send you my logs when I get back home, my config is setup like in the picture. I will also post the results of the graph. :D

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
You can check yourself. Look here: START-SAF-FFDSHOW-configure audio here "output" and look what you have in "Connect to:" or "miltichanel device". If you see here HDMI or something like that, then yes, it should be possible to change it "on - the - fly".

In mulitchannel device i have ATI HDMI and SPDIF. So it should be possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom