SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
I have 2 questions:

- codec for DVD is wrong. I set PWD9 for video but it's ffdshow running. Maybe its linked to DVD Navigator?
- i use ffdshow raw video for postprocessing. I created presets for DviX, SD DVD&TV, x264. Everything runs fine execpt for TV HD live. Indeed, codec for SD channel is PWD9, for HD channel is CoreAVC. Postprocessing is working for SD channel (SD preset) but for HD the default preset is used and desinterlacing problem occurs.

Thanks for your help.

Fabien

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I have 2 questions:

- codec for DVD is wrong. I set PWD9 for video but it's ffdshow running. Maybe its linked to DVD Navigator?
No, it is OK. This PDVD filter used by SAF 4.0 doesnot support DVD decoding (use FFDShow instead).
- i use ffdshow raw video for postprocessing. Everything runs fine execpt for TV HD live. Indeed, codec for SD channel is PWD9, for HD channel is CoreAVC. Postprocessing is working for SD channel (SD preset) but for HD the default preset is used and desinterlacing problem occurs.

Thanks for your help.

Fabien

Well, no idea what "efect" you want on output, but such "harakiri" didnt make much sence to me for LiveTV.
First of all, this will kill DXVA and HW deinterlacing, so any kind of postprocessing woldnot help you...
Only if your TV source is progresive.

Simply use PDVD9 decoder for both SD and HD and be happy it is working :D

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
I have 2 questions:

No, it is OK. This PDVD filter used by SAF 4.0 doesnot support DVD decoding (use FFDShow instead).
Ok, i will use ffdshow for DVD

- i use ffdshow raw video for postprocessing. Everything runs fine execpt for TV HD live. Indeed, codec for SD channel is PWD9, for HD channel is CoreAVC. Postprocessing is working for SD channel (SD preset) but for HD the default preset is used and desinterlacing problem occurs.

Thanks for your help.

Fabien

Well, no idea what "efect" you want on output, but such "harakiri" didnt make much sence to me for LiveTV.
First of all, this will kill DXVA and HW deinterlacing, so any kind of postprocessing woldnot help you...
Only if your TV source is progresive.

Simply use PDVD9 decoder for both SD and HD and be happy it is working :D

For HD Live TV i agree and i don't need, but for SD i have noticed some improvments. I dont' care about HW, my CPU is sufficient (50% usage with postprocessing)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
For HD Live TV i agree and i don't need, but for SD i have noticed some improvments. I dont' care about HW, my CPU is sufficient (50% usage with postprocessing)

You will end with picture like on middle screen if you would not use HW deinterlacing:
deinterlacing.jpg

You have 2core CPU, right?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
yes, you right, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

I bet only one core is in use durning FFDshow processing and it will be ~ 90%.
If you source SD is MPEG-2i, the internacing effect is not so much noticable.
Look on first page of this thread, there is link to deinterlacing site, you can DL some TS samples here and you can test them by yourself.

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
yes, you right, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

I bet only one core is in use durning FFDshow processing and it will be ~ 90%.

Really, i cannot use 2 core? I have measure 50-60% max

With posprocessing for SD channels it looks like the 3rd one.
For HD Channels, the 1st one but not so terrible, the shapes are thin striated on movements (like a non deinterlacing problem).

It's DVB-T channel, H264 for HD.
I am gonna do theses tests.
Thanks

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Hi hoborg,

any chance to get M-Jpeg working on Win7? I get videos from my digital camera with that format. On a clean Win7Pro 32 Bit install with SAF it cannot play. I additionally installed Quicktime Alternative and the Quicktime Plugin but still no luck.

File cannot even play in WMP, Graphstudio tells me "File cannot be rendered".

Thanks a lot.

(BTW: Logs needed?)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Hi hoborg,

any chance to get M-Jpeg working on Win7? I get videos from my digital camera with that format. On a clean Win7Pro 32 Bit install with SAF it cannot play. I additionally installed Quicktime Alternative and the Quicktime Plugin but still no luck.

File cannot even play in WMP, Graphstudio tells me "File cannot be rendered".

Thanks a lot.

(BTW: Logs needed?)
    Hi.
    Problem is missing "QuickTime Movie Parser" filter on Vista/Win7.
    Rename MOV to MOVSD, should be ok now.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Rename MOV to MOVSD, should be ok now.

I had to do this too under XP (following instructions in the first post of this thread). Otherwise I don't get sound from MOV files. This is somewhat annoying,as it affects all of my MOV files. They were all recorded with digital cameras. They are distributed over dozens of directories, which makes it difficult to use the "mass rename" tip from the first post. So far, I have only renamed MOV files from a few directories

It was a lot of work, but before I tried SAF I had MOV replay working in my MP 1.0.2 setup. IIRC, I had to install Apple QuickTime to get it working. Is there some alternative to renaming files to get MOV files to work the way they should? Mind you, I'm not complaining! My new installation of MP1.1 with SAF 4.0 final (unlicked) gives better TV viewing than any previous configuration I've tried!

:D, Hoborg, for your great package, and especially for your dedication to its support and further development!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom