SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Rename MOV to MOVSD, should be ok now.

I had to do this too under XP (following instructions in the first post of this thread). Otherwise I don't get sound from MOV files. This is somewhat annoying,as it affects all of my MOV files. They were all recorded with digital cameras. They are distributed over dozens of directories, which makes it difficult to use the "mass rename" tip from the first post. So far, I have only renamed MOV files from a few directories

It was a lot of work, but before I tried SAF I had MOV replay working in my MP 1.0.2 setup. IIRC, I had to install Apple QuickTime to get it working. Is there some alternative to renaming files to get MOV files to work the way they should? Mind you, I'm not complaining! My new installation of MP1.1 with SAF 4.0 final (unlicked) gives better TV viewing than any previous configuration I've tried!

:D, Hoborg, for your great package, and especially for your dedication to its support and further development!

Hi.
I bet i was cook audio - problem is, this format is not supported by FFMpeg (FFDshow).
You can decode all MOV files using QT frameworks, but this mean no DXVA at all in MOV files.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

You can decode all MOV files using QT frameworks, but this mean no DXVA at all in MOV files.
    AFAIK, I don't have any DXVA in MOV files. Is there a good way to configure my codecs to sacrifice DXVA and give me audio in camera-recorded MOV files, without breaking something else?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

AFAIK, I don't have any DXVA in MOV files. Is there a good way to configure my codecs to sacrifice DXVA and give me audio in camera-recorded MOV files, without breaking something else?

Yes.
    use regedit to edit source filter for MOVSD video type and edit it as MOV (rename MOVSD to MOV)

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Media Type\Extensions\.movsd

...SAF needs to be unlocked and you will need to have QT alternative installed for this.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi Hoborg,
    I don't find any such key for .movsd. Attached is an export of the one I found for .mov. I don't see a filter specifed. Do I need to add one, and, if so, can you give me an example of how it should look? I dohave SAF unlocked and QT alternative installed.
    Thanks for your help!

P.S: Sorry, forgot attachment!

Attachments

• HKLM_SW_CLS_MOV.txt
      30.6 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Hi Hoborg,
    I don't find any such key for .movsd. Attached is an export of the one I found for .mov. I don't see a filter specifed. Do I need to add one, and, if so, can you give me an example of how it should look? I dohave SAF unlocked and QT alternative installed.
    Thanks for your help!

P.S: Sorry, forgot attachment!

What OS do you have?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

That sounds interesting. But my camera movies have the extension .avi unfortunately...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

That sounds interesting. But my camera movies have the extension .avi unfortunately...

Oh, i see now.
    I bet it will be working with SAF 5.00 without any problem.
    The problem is that haali doesnot support AVI 1.0 - that is the reason why i replaced avi splitrer in SAF 5.00

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@ hoborg

BIG BIG thx .... just did some "playing" yesterday ...
    i have a netbook .. just for remote-desktop 2 my tv-server ..
    and all the other devices in my intra-net ... (router, print-server a.s.o.)
    it is a samsung n130 atom with intel-GPU ...

just for fun - installed MePo AND your SAF ...
    was bored so i needed something to do :D
    works better than my old centrino Laptop ...
    i was impressed ---- couse i never thought that MePo
    would run on that little pice of hardware ...

thx again - for your SAF-Pack

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005

Ok, probably gotta try SAF 5 then. Although I have a pretty good TV-Picture with PDVD. But its a good guess then to try SAF5. Thanks for your reply. After holidays I will check.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Rename MOV to MOVSD, should be ok now.

I had to do this too under XP (following instructions in the first post of this thread). Otherwise I don't get sound from MOV files. This is somewhat annoying,as it affects all of my MOV files. They were all recorded with digital cameras. They are distributed over dozens of directories, which makes it difficult to use the "mass rename" tip from the first post. So far, I have only renamed MOV files from a few directories

For such actions, I can really recommend Total Commander: Total Commander - home It is commercial software, but you can use it in Trial mode to test it. Go to the root of your movies folder. Do a Search for "mov". Then press the "Feed to Listbox" button at the bottom. Ctrl-A to select all files. Ctrl-M (or through File menu) to do a mass rename. Then either apped SD to extension, or replace "mov" by "movsd".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom