SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Benoe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2006
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi Ian,

I installed the powerdvd trial on a virtual machine (I use it for testing things) and get the cl264dec.ax from it along with the content of VideoFilter directory.
I copied cl264dec.ax and the dlls to my HTPC's windows/system32 dir and did a "regsvr32 cl264dec.ax" command.

From that point Cyberlink for H.264 was selectable from MP's settings. If i only copy the mentioned .ax file, it was also selectable, but was not working. It needs the other dlls

And I did that, becouse SAF would be enough for all my codec needs, but there is a problem, when I'm trying to watch h.264 tv broadcast: MP's internal tswriter is not working currently with the MPC-HC's H.264 filter.

So, if you are using your htpc mainly for tv broadcast coded in H.264, SAF will not help you at the moment.
There are plans to fix/workaround this in 1.0.2 version of MP, but this could be months.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PowerDVD 9 trial will give you the codec, just open the c:\program files\cyberlink\PDVD\filters folder, you can get the CLvsd.ax, CL264dec.ax and the CLNavx.ax from there, copy into your system32 folder and regsvr32 them.

This is the one thing that really pissed me off, the trial PowerDVD9 codecs are available for use, but the full paid for version is not :mad:

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hehe... Guess trial is older version.

Btw: Even better is to DL trial and find the .ax only.
    See first post of this thread.

I recommend to use a tool, like 7zip, and just browse the .exe (no need for renaming etc).

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hehe... Guess trial is older version.

Btw: Even better is to DL trial and find the .ax only.
    See first post of this thread.

I recommend to use a tool, like 7zip, and just browse the .exe (no need for renaming etc).

that extraction information on the first post only talks about mpeg codec (unless I missed it), I am trying to get h.264 codec , so I can't guess which file it is!
    anyway I had a very strange thing, I reinstalled my original pdvd8 (from which the h.264 worked), took a copy of the video filters directory, I thought that would be worth a try. Then upgraded pdvd8 to latest patch. h.264 broken as expected. Then I added the original cl264dec.ax to /system32, regsrv32'd it, then added in the dll's as per the beno's post. I now have h.264 available in mp config again. My bluray works in pdvd8 . so far so good. but then when I go to watch h.264 content on mediaportal, it works ALTERNATE times. I switch on bbchd - no picture (black screen), only audio. I change channel to an SD channel, of course it works ok. Change back to bbchd - picture is there! back to sd channel, back to bbchd again - no picture. repeat ad infinitum...same behaviour with recorded content...weirdsville

so now I am trying with the same set of files (videofilters directory) from the pdvd9 demo as per paranoid's suggestion, and I think its working each time with broadcast h.264 content. need to test more, too late right now.

ta
    Ian

caprica13

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there,

I have the latest Power DVD 8.4.0.224, but SAF 347 disagrees. Says 8.4.0.205 is supposedly newer. Just FYI, no biggie as everything works just fine.

tesco

Portal Member
    March 27, 2009
    that extraction information on the first post only talks about mpeg codec (unless I missed it), I am trying to get h.264 codec , so I can't guess which file it is!
    anyway I had a very strange thing, I reinstalled my original pdvd8 (from which the h.264 worked), took a copy of the video filters directory, I thought that would be worth a try. Then upgraded pdvd8 to latest patch. h.264 broken as expected. Then I added the original cl264dec.ax to /system32, regsrv32'd it, then added in the dll's as per the beno's post. I now have h.264 available in mp config again. My bluray works in pdvd8 . so far so good. but then when I go to watch h.264 content on mediaportal, it works ALTERNATE times. I switch on bbchd - no picture (black screen), only audio. I change channel to an SD channel, of course it works ok. Change back to bbchd - picture is there! back to sd channel, back to bbchd again - no picture. repeat ad infinitum...same behaviour with recorded content...weirdsville
    Ian

Any chance you could share that Pdvd8 codec? I'm having problems with the PDVD9 ones for my TV and I no longer have the PDVD8 available.

caprica13

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    on Cyberlink's website, under Downloads | Software Updates | Power DVD - Updates

I had an older version installed, so I just installed the update provided on their website.

"PowerDVD 8 Ultra Updates: This update file updates PowerDVD 8 Ultra to PowerDVD 8 Ultra build 2705. For PowerDVD retail and online purchase versions only. To check the updates for hardware bundled versions, click here for instructions.
    Included updates and issues resolved:

* Support for HDTV 24Hz refresh rate.
    * Support for S3 VGA cards.
    * Support for Intel ADI (Intel Cantiga platform).
    * Fixed Blu-ray Disc title compatibility issues."

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How do i fix the problem getting black(grey) into really black. I using MPC decoder for H264. Have a HD3200. It's working fine when change "gramma" in MPCHC.

Edit. I even got this problem when using ffdshow in MP, but outside Mp it's working as BLACK.

Somebody had this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom