SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (7 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    While i'm busy debugging my problem, maybe someone could give me a hint?

I made a clean install (completly from scratch including vista & everything) with test4 unlocked and everything runs fine (including live TV).

But when i try to playback a recording it says:

Code:
    Playing not Possible: C8CF31BC

audio codec:

I can play this very same recording through 'myvideos' though, just not from 'my TV/recordings'

TV is Cyberlink SD, Cybelink.264 and ffdshow

Videos is CyberlinkSD, MPC-HD, ffdshow

any ideas?

edit: SVN 10-20 / most recent

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

I made a clean install (completly from scratch including vista & everything) with test4 unlocked and everything runs fine (including live TV).

Code:

audio codec:

I can play this very same recording through 'myvideos' though, just not from 'my TV/recordings'

any ideas?

I never saw such message before...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Code:

audio codec:

any ideas?

edit: SVN 10-20 / most recent

Hi smnnekho,

Can you try and play ISO's as well? I am having a problem with that. And by the sound of what you are seeing, I think the problem can be similar. I posted my problem with all the logs in MovingPictures forum.

When I open a iso from myvideos, all is OK, but when I try to do that from within MovingPictures, I see a problem. Sometimes the same message as yours. Sometimes I just get bumped back in the movingpictures again.
    When I get home again tonight, I will try to play recordings like you describe to see if I see the same issue.

Maybe our problems are related. ?

@Hoborg
    I installed SAF test 4. It works well. But I can not say for sure that the problems I am seeing right now are NOT related to the SAF package.
    Would you mind having a look in the bugreport I posted in the thread I mentioned. Maybe you can say all looks normal (or not) regarding codec/filters.
    Thanks in advance.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany

Code:

audio codec:

any ideas?

I never saw such message before...

i just saw this:

Code:
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.894 [cbc]open rtsp:rtsp://MePo:0/FF8E523A
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.895 [cbc]CRTSPClient::OpenStream()
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.895 [cbc]CRTSPClient::getSDPDescriptionFromURL()
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.895 [cbc]Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://MePo:0/FF8E523A Bad port number

in my TsReader.log

the FF8E523A equals to the 'Code' before, it was just another recording. so i guess my problem lies somewhere in the port settings in TVserver config and should not be related to SAF.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i just saw this:

Code:
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.894 [cbc]open rtsp:rtsp://MePo:0/FF8E523A
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.895 [cbc]CRTSPClient::OpenStream()
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.895 [cbc]CRTSPClient::getSDPDescriptionFromURL()
    22-10-2009 10:42:18.895 [cbc]Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://MePo:0/FF8E523A Bad port number

in my TsReader.log

the FF8E523A equals to the 'Code' before, it was just another recording. so i guess my problem lies somewhere in the port settings in TVserver config and should not be related to SAF.

changing the TVS port to default 554 did the trick... everything runs just fine now!

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    From the first post.... please read.

What SAF do:
    -SAF is HDTV ready (*unlocked* only)
    -MPEG2/h.264 LiveTV (and DVD's will be using DXVA only when you use *unlocked* SAF (PM me how to unlock SAF)

Sorry read the first page a while back and skimmed threw it this time, must of missed that bit... :sorry:

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hi all,

Hope someone can help me with this problem that keeps popping up. Below you see two images attached, one about PowerDVD version and one of Graphstudio.

First the problem with PowerDVD, it says on install of the SAF codec pack that I have an old version. I downloaded the latest trial version from Cyberlink site and extracted the needed file as described in the first post. Where can I get the proper version?

Second is the video decoding. I installed all the packs with administrative rights. My mistake in the beginning was that I didn't use administrative rights to install these codecs. It now uses the codec's that I would expect it to, but there is one I didn't expect to see. As you can see on the image it shows that after haali splitter it says: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. Is this correct? Isn't this supposed to be MPC-HC? I'm getting a little confused on this... Anyone got some input on this?

Attachments

• powerdvd_version_message.jpg
      powerdvd_version_message.jpg
      41.2 KB
    • microsoft_in_the_way.jpg
      microsoft_in_the_way.jpg
      70.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom