SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (6 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Same order of files: first one is 720p vc-1/wma, second one 720p dts. I have WMAudio Decoder in video postprocessing. If I don't do that the only difference is that the grey box in the first image is not there and the '0001' is not there in the green box.
Are these both allright?

Attachments

• graphinmp.JPG
    graphinmp.JPG
    37.9 KB
  • graphinmp2.JPG
    graphinmp2.JPG
    43.5 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Zinu
looks like OK, but i have no idea, why do you have 2 audio renderers active on second graph ???

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

You mean WMAudio Decoder DMO in graph 2? I just noticed I have it in postprocessing. I'll take that out.

fortuna

Portal Member
October 27, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

hi hoborg and all,

i installed latest SAF and set it up as described on the first page on my Win7 32bit Asrock ION machine. i have problems with some avi files (ntsc content). when i play them in MP (with refreshrate 59Hz) the video stutters from time to time. it is watchable but it is clearly noticable. when i exit MP and play the file with the windows media player everything is very smooth. i did not change any settings in ffdshow. i also changed the container to mkv without anby luck. thanks for any help!

p.s. Pal and 24p material plays fine in MP.

Toga

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Just intalled the lates beta and having a few issues.
I can Play SD TV fine (MPEG2) but HD TV (MPEG2) stutters.
If I begin playing an MKV (In this exapmple using h.264 1080p and DTS audio) it will play fine, but If I try and play another vied or switch to TV Mediaportal locks up.
I have noticed that the Halli and ffd show audio icons stay in the taskbar until mediaportal quits even if I stop the video. Mousing over the ffd audio icon shows it is decrypting a DTS stream.
I'm sure these icons used to dissapear as soon as the video stopped.
I have tried uninstalling the cusrrent beta and going back to beta 22 and removing SAF and installing Halli and ffdshow on their own but the issue still persists.
Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

hi hoborg and all,

i installed latest SAF and set it up as described on the first page on my Win7 32bit Asrock ION machine. i have problems with some avi files (ntsc content). when i play them in MP (with refreshrate 59Hz) the video stutters from time to time. it is watchable but it is clearly noticable. when i exit MP and play the file with the windows media player everything is very smooth. i did not change any settings in ffdshow. i also changed the container to mkv without anby luck. thanks for any help!

If your video play fine outside Media Portal, then it is MP problem... Did you tryed MP refresh changer?

Just intalled the lates beta and having a few issues.
I can Play SD TV fine (MPEG2) but HD TV (MPEG2) stutters.
If I begin playing an MKV (In this exapmple using h.264 1080p and DTS audio) it will play fine, but If I try and play another vied or switch to TV Mediaportal locks up.
I have noticed that the Halli and ffd show audio icons stay in the taskbar until mediaportal quits even if I stop the video. Mousing over the ffd audio icon shows it is decrypting a DTS stream.
I'm sure these icons used to dissapear as soon as the video stopped.
I have tried uninstalling the cusrrent beta and going back to beta 22 and removing SAF and installing Halli and ffdshow on their own but the issue still persists.
Any idea where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Not SAF problem https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...aali-not-disposed-after-stopping-video-56153/
Use latest MP SVN to fix it.

no_rspect

Portal Member
June 27, 2006
Western Australia

@Hoborg: Why is the new PDVD MPEG-2 decoder in SAF then? I would stick with older perfectly working versions if possible. SAF version 4.00-21 was perfect.
NTSC on PAL gives framedrops, i know that. But with the ffdshow the picture is nice and fluently but only audio (SPDIF) is delayed/stuttering.

Then use it. Nobody force you to "update".
SPDIF problems you say? Than this is not a video decoder problem, but can be related to FFDshow HD audio passthrough update. Lots of problems was already fixed (saf400beta23test3.exe) and some will be fixed in next FFDshow release. I am still waiting for "official" ffdshow release to add it in to next SAF.

I am so glad you have said this.... I have spent around 10 hours of just messing around trying to get passthrough working properly..
works on 1 amplifier and tv, but on another no end of problems.
I am going to update SAF and try again..... i hope this works. Everything else is working great... all i want is some nice AC3 to go to the amp. if i launch in a window and play a movie, and then change ffdshow to ac3 passthrough is works, if i save the setting and launch the video, it doesn't play at all. weird.. I am hoping it is the HD passthrough update you speak of.

hoborg, you and everyone who contributes in this thread are AWESOME, and it has been so much help getting this PC setup... I may be the first person to actually get a DG45ID Intel motherboard working properly :))))

fortuna

Portal Member
October 27, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

hi hoborg and all,

If your video play fine outside Media Portal, then it is MP problem... Did you tryed MP refresh changer?

i tried it both with and without the refreshrate changer. could it be that the windows media player uses another codec than MP?

mister_salsa

Portal Member
November 5, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

In SAF i have chosen: enable audio pass-through. (audio via S/PDIF to my receiver)
Do i have also install AC3filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom