Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (3 Viewers)

djphatic

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Yes.
Make sure you are using FFDshow subtitle engine.

I have only got to this to work in MePo by updating the MPCSubs.dll and I have to have MPC-HC subtitle engine enabled.

With only ffdshow subtitles enabled, I can see the subtitles streams using the tray icon and can select them but they do not playback.

Send video sample to FFDShow team.

Before I do, are the graphs correct? I have attached a graph with MPC-HC subtitle engine disabled, enabled with auto-load subtitle disabled and enabled with auto-load subtitle enabled (working option).

Attachments

• subs1.PNG
    subs1.PNG
    33.6 KB
  • subs2.PNG
    subs2.PNG
    41.1 KB
  • subs3.PNG
    subs3.PNG
    38.6 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

I have only got to this to work in MePo by updating the MPCSubs.dll and I have to have MPC-HC subtitle engine enabled.

With only ffdshow subtitles enabled, I can see the subtitles streams using the tray icon and can select them but they do not playback.

Before I do, are the graphs correct? I have attached a graph with MPC-HC subtitle engine disabled, enabled with auto-load subtitle disabled and enabled with auto-load subtitle enabled (working option).

Yes, they seems to be OK.

djphatic

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Home Country

Yes, they seems to be OK.

Hmmm. I tried earlier versions of SAF v5.00 and I cannot get it to work either, unless I have MPC-HC enabled.

Out of interest, you are using a ATI card? What version of Catalyst are you using?

djphatic

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Home Country

Out of interest, you are using a ATI card? What version of Catalyst are you using?

5770 (PC-Win7x64), both on cat. 10.8

Same, fresh install too so shouldn't be any conflicting codecs what are causing the problem. Are there any sample files already available which should work that I could test on my setup?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

5770 (PC-Win7x64), both on cat. 10.8

Same, fresh install too so shouldn't be any conflicting codecs what are causing the problem. Are there any sample files already available which should work that I could test on my setup?

I dont have any, sorry.
I am only using text subtitles.

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France

Hi Hoborg,
I always had some stuttering with HD TV (Canal+ HD) and PDVD10 and I decided to live with it. But since a few days now HD TV are perfectly displayed, no more stuttering. The only 2 things that I have done is to update to the latest Nvidia drivers (the update proposed by "Windows Update" these last weeks) and to update to SAF5 SVN100906.
Is it possible that is it this SAF5 version that did the trick?
On my side I think that it's probably the drivers update but I would like to have your opinion.
In any case, it's a good news :).
Thanks.

RoadRunner08

Portal Member
February 8, 2008
AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi SAF5 Users,

I have a problem due to BluRay Playback.
Hardware: Intel E8400, G45, 4 GB Ram
Software: Win 7 x86, MePo 1.1.0 final, SAF5 Build910, BluRay Handler

I changed from MePo RC3 with HD Starter Plugin and PowerDVD 8 to 1.1.0 final and BluRay Handler. With RC3 and HD Starter playback of BluRay or BluRay Image was no problem.
But with SAF5 the playback of BluRay is stuttering, while playback of a BluRay Image works without stuttering (when I use Microsoft DTV-DVD Codec instead of ffdshow DXVA in MePo; CPU Utilization 20 %). In MP-HC the playback of BluRay Image with ffdshow DXVA works without stuttering (CPU Utilization 30-40 %). I changed because of working Atmolight when BluRay is played in MePo.
Could someone please help me to solve my problem?

Thanks,
RoadRunner08

Not suere how Intel G45 handle DXVA...

But why doesn't MePo or MP-HC uses the same codec on BluRay Playback as on a BluRay Image (non copy protected)?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

do PGS subtitle streams from blurays work atm with the most recent saf5 svns? or are we still waiting on code from elsewhere to make that happen?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

do PGS subtitle streams from blurays work atm with the most recent saf5 svns? or are we still waiting on code from elsewhere to make that happen?

Acording fo FFDshow thread yes, FFDShow subtitle engine working just fine (i dint test it, i do not have any sample with PGS subtitles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom