Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (6 Viewers)

Haraldpeter

Portal Pro
March 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi Hoborg,

My GPU is a Nvidia 8800GTX and I am using Win7 32bit

1. When I configure FFDshow codec under LiveTV ( your Standard Setting ) my Sound is a little bit out of sync.
whith PDVD 10 it works without issues. My Audiosetting on Install is Passtrough because I need that for my Logitech
Dolby Digital System. What can I do to fixed it ? FFdshow Picture quality is a little bit better than PDVD10 for DVB-T

2. I have a analog HVR 1900 card too. But under LiveTV i see deinterlacing Stripes . This issue happens with
all Codecs i tested. What can I do to fixed that ?

3. I configure FFdshow DXVA for H264 HD LiveTV but it is not used by my System. Graphstudio shows only normal FFdshow
Codec. Is this a issue according to my 8800GTX card ?:D

best Regards
Harald

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hi Hoborg,

My GPU is a Nvidia 8800GTX and I am using Win7 32bit

1. When I configure FFDshow codec under LiveTV ( your Standard Setting ) my Sound is a little bit out of sync.
whith PDVD 10 it works without issues. My Audiosetting on Install is Passtrough because I need that for my Logitech
Dolby Digital System. What can I do to fixed it ? FFdshow Picture quality is a little bit better than PDVD10 for DVB-T

2. I have a analog HVR 1900 card too. But under LiveTV i see deinterlacing Stripes . This issue happens with
all Codecs i tested. What can I do to fixed that ?

3. I configure FFdshow DXVA for H264 HD LiveTV but it is not used by my System. Graphstudio shows only normal FFdshow
Codec. Is this a issue according to my 8800GTX card ?:D

best Regards
Harald

1+3) FFDshow is not very good for h.264 LiveTV, use PDVD instead.
2) Make sure FFDshow is used for MPEG-2 - deintelracing is done by GPU. Make sure you have deinterlacing enabled in drivers (no idea where to check, i have ATI only).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I have lots of .mkv files (my dvd rips) with embedded .srt subtitles. It seems to me that FFDShow subtitles doesn't pick these up automatically. Is there some option to force subtitles and can I somehow map my MCE remote's "subtitle" button to enable/disable them? I've been using MePo's built in subtitles with SAF 4, but now that I've finally moved on to SAF 5 I'd like to try using FFDShow subtitles, as it seems that they can be moved further down on the screen than the MePo ones.

Thanks
    Emph

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

I have lots of .mkv files (my dvd rips) with embedded .srt subtitles. It seems to me that FFDShow subtitles doesn't pick these up automatically. Is there some option to force subtitles and can I somehow map my MCE remote's "subtitle" button to enable/disable them?
    Yes you can if your remote support it - just map you remote buttons to simulate:
    CTRL+ALT+S to enable/disable subtitles
    CTRL+ALT+O to show/hide OSD
    CTRL+ALT+numpad1 for next subtile stream
    CTRL+ALT+numpad0 for next audio stream
    I've been using MePo's built in subtitles with SAF 4, but now that I've finally moved on to SAF 5 I'd like to try using FFDShow subtitles, as it seems that they can be moved further down on the screen than the MePo ones.

Thanks
    Emph

Just small note if you are using FFDShow DXVA decoder - you cannot move subtitles outside video - this is limitation of DXVA decoder.

slype

August 20, 2010

Hello,

first of all......sorry for my english :)

I have installed the latest SAF Version (saf500svn100910.exe - before: saf500svn100830.exe).
    Now i can't use the PDVD10 Codec in LiveTV in H264...(See the Picture)...

Any Ideas? My PowerDVD is full installed, i don't have the unlocked Version from SAF...

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      61.9 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Hello,

first of all......sorry for my english :)

I have installed the latest SAF Version (saf500svn100910.exe - before: saf500svn100830.exe).
    Now i can't use the PDVD10 Codec in LiveTV in H264...(See the Picture)...

Any Ideas? My PowerDVD is full installed, i don't have the unlocked Version from SAF...

...then unlock it :) (check PM)

Toddi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

slype,
    another possibility is to install/reinstall the latest PDVD-patch to repair.

hoborg
    first of all a big THANK YOU for you hard and fantastic work!
    Do you see any chance to detect PDVD 10 at SAF-installation (not unlocked) and to not unregister the codec at deinstallation?:)
    I'm using PDVD for watching blurays, so I need in intact installation of it.
    :D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

@hoborg
    first of all a big THANK YOU for you hard and fantastic work!
    Do you see any chance to detect PDVD 10 at SAF-installation (not unlocked) and to not unregister the codec at deinstallation?:)
    I'm using PDVD for watching blurays, so I need in intact installation of it.
    :D

Hi.
    PDVD is evil, use BlueRay handler to play Blureays in MePo :)

I will look if i can do anything...

Toddi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

That would be great !

I use PDVD, because I like the possibilty to just put a bluray into htpc and enjoy it without ripping, loosing menu-support and so on.
    Of course best would be an integrated solution, but it seems to be impoosible at the moment.

Disore

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi.

I am experiencing sync issues when playing 1080p files. The longer I watch a movie, the more the audio is out of sync with the video. I'm pretty sure it isn't a computer performance issue since the sync is fine when playing the movies in MPC-HC. Can you please help me?

Attachments

• graph.png
      graph.png
      16.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom