Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (6 Viewers)

mouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Another SAF SVN out.

-haali was completly removed and replaced by MPC-HC splitters

Sorry for this...I have to uninstall the previous version or simply install the new one?

Thanks in advance!:D

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi hoborg!

Thanks for your reply!

@Helios61:
    If you video play in Graphstudio using SAF 5, then problem lies in player.

I know this, but it's working fine with SAF 4.0 and maybe you have heard abot other users with a similar issue!

EDIT:
    You have lots of errors in "error.log" file, check them yourself.

These are known errors with HTPC Info Plugin, i have fogotten to disable this Plugin for creating logs! Sorry for that, but it makes no difference -> Playback doesn't work with SAF 5.0!

The rule are simple - if video play in Graphstudio, SAF doing its work correctly.

I know and because it isn't working with newest SAF5.0 from today too and other users have also this issue, i have written a bug-report -> Link! I hope, this issue will be fixed soon!

Best regards

Helios

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Also with this latest SVN I'm having problems with some VC-1 files. Playback is all blocky and stuttering, but when I disable VC-1 DXVA in ffdshow DXVA decoder it's all fine. But then it uses WMV codecs which makes it not use DXVA as it seems... what can I do to still have DXVA?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Also with this latest SVN I'm having problems with some VC-1 files. Playback is all blocky and stuttering, but when I disable VC-1 DXVA in ffdshow DXVA decoder it's all fine. But then it uses WMV codecs which makes it not use DXVA as it seems... what can I do to still have DXVA?

You have some posibilities:
    -try different GPU drivers
    -reencode VC-1 to h.264
    -get ATI GPU :)

JSorrentino

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Hoborg, on the first page of the thread, has anything changed for codec setup in MePo config?

ie: PDVD10 over 9 where applicable? DVD Codecs, FFDShow or use MS?

mk35

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus

I've got RC2 installed and SAF 5, and everything seems to be working ok, just have one annoyance... Before when I was using 1.1 Beta and SAF 4, I had the default zoom mode set for videos as stretch, and the videos took up the whole screen, edge to edge. Now with RC2 and SAF 5, even though stretch is set, the video still has the letterbox black bars top and bottom. I tried non-linear stretch and the bars got bigger.

Im not sure if this is an issue with one of the codecs from SAF (I am using it as per the screenshots on the frontpage, but using PDVD10 instead of PDVD9 for mpeg2) or an issue with media portal itself, but does anyone know how to stretch the videos to full screen again?

Thanks

i have the same problem with SAF 5 + MP RC2. Can anybody help us?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Hoborg, on the first page of the thread, has anything changed for codec setup in MePo config?

ie: PDVD10 over 9 where applicable? DVD Codecs, FFDShow or use MS?

Setup on first page is correct.

I've got RC2 installed and SAF 5, and everything seems to be working ok, just have one annoyance... Before when I was using 1.1 Beta and SAF 4, I had the default zoom mode set for videos as stretch, and the videos took up the whole screen, edge to edge. Now with RC2 and SAF 5, even though stretch is set, the video still has the letterbox black bars top and bottom. I tried non-linear stretch and the bars got bigger.

Im not sure if this is an issue with one of the codecs from SAF (I am using it as per the screenshots on the frontpage, but using PDVD10 instead of PDVD9 for mpeg2) or an issue with media portal itself, but does anyone know how to stretch the videos to full screen again?

Thanks

i have the same problem with SAF 5 + MP RC2. Can anybody help us?

Try to disable resize in FFDshow Video setting - looks like it doesnot working correctly for MePo (No problem in GB-PVR).

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,
    i've got a question when i have to use ffd sow and when i've to use cyberlink 10 Decoder?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Hi,
    i've got a question when i have to use ffd sow and when i've to use cyberlink 10 Decoder?

There is screenshots on first page, you didnt read them?

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Of course i read them but i cant find anywhere the answer which Decoder is better.
    In the Moment i think that ffd Show is for free and for cyberlink you have Pay?
    Is this the only difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom