Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (5 Viewers)

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hello,

i use onlinevideo plugin, mostly streaming files are FLV but some are FLV4. With SAF 4.0 everything works perfectly but with SAF 5 the FLV4 files are played with only sound and a black picture. I replace the FLVSplitter.ax (unregistrer and register) by SAF 4.0 one but same issue.

Why it does not work for FL4 files?

Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hello,

i use onlinevideo plugin, mostly streaming files are FLV but some are FLV4. With SAF 4.0 everything works perfectly but with SAF 5 the FLV4 files are played with only sound and a black picture. I replace the FLVSplitter.ax (unregistrer and register) by SAF 4.0 one but same issue.

Why it does not work for FL4 files?

Thanks

Can you post me an FLV4 sample to test?

mperezm77

Portal Member
August 24, 2009
Re: AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi hoborg!

SAF v5.00 unfortunately is not working for me! If i try to play a movie, a short flickering of the GUI and then nothing more happens! Playback in Graphstudio and with SAF 4.0 is working fine! Attacjed are all logs and mediainfo!
I hope, you can help!

Best regards

Helios

[EDIT] I have noticed, that .7z is not allowed for upload, please remove the extension rar form the SAF-Logs!

I had the same issue and I fixed it by installing haalimedia splitter and unchecking every option after saf 5.

Everything works fine now. Even DXVA mode with videos using profile 5.1 with ATI RD4200 series and 10.5 drivers. But I can not use the forward feature on VC-1 videos because then I lose the audio. If I don't touch the forward button the video plays ok from the beginning to the end...

Any idea?

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006

I dont' have FLV files but there are of type
MEDIATYPE_Video {34564C46-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

You can find some samples in YahooMusicVideos in the OnLineVideo plugin (in the new aera)

Hi hoborg!

SAF v5.00 unfortunately is not working for me! If i try to play a movie, a short flickering of the GUI and then nothing more happens! Playback in Graphstudio and with SAF 4.0 is working fine! Attacjed are all logs and mediainfo!
I hope, you can help!

Best regards

Helios

[EDIT] I have noticed, that .7z is not allowed for upload, please remove the extension rar form the SAF-Logs!

I had the same issue and I fixed it by installing haalimedia splitter and unchecking every option after saf 5.

I did not work for me

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

You can find some samples in YahooMusicVideos in the OnLineVideo plugin (in the new aera)

Can you direct me to exact file? I tested ~20 files and all play without any problem (Popular and New category)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Also with this latest SVN I'm having problems with some VC-1 files. Playback is all blocky and stuttering, but when I disable VC-1 DXVA in ffdshow DXVA decoder it's all fine. But then it uses WMV codecs which makes it not use DXVA as it seems... what can I do to still have DXVA?

You have some posibilities:
-try different GPU drivers
-reencode VC-1 to h.264
-get ATI GPU :)

Which drivers are advised for nvidia GPUs?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Also with this latest SVN I'm having problems with some VC-1 files. Playback is all blocky and stuttering, but when I disable VC-1 DXVA in ffdshow DXVA decoder it's all fine. But then it uses WMV codecs which makes it not use DXVA as it seems... what can I do to still have DXVA?

You have some posibilities:
-try different GPU drivers
-reencode VC-1 to h.264
-get ATI GPU :)

No idea.

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006

Can you direct me to exact file? I tested ~20 files and all play without any problem (Popular and New category)

For me nothing works for Popular and new category (sound but black screen). Very strange. I uninstalled SAF 4.0 and after install SAF 5.0 without enabling subtitles.
I have also installed Adobe flash player for IE. I don't understand what happens.
Any lead to identify my issue?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Anything pre 191xx, too many reports of problems after these and if your OS will tak it early 182xx drivers are even better.

Would point you to exact posts on the Nvidia forums regarding this, but google is your friend :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

For me nothing works for Popular and new category (sound but black screen). Very strange. I uninstalled SAF 4.0 and after install SAF 5.0 without enabling subtitles.
    I have also installed Adobe flash player for IE. I don't understand what happens.
    Any lead to identify my issue?

Try again and post your MePo LOGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom