Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Hi there,

I just installed latest SAF and eveything is working great except blu-ray rip m2ts files or mkv files with HD audiotracks inside. in mediaportal they try to play but the screen goes black for a couple of seconds and just jumps back to mediaportal.

In graphedit all files plays fine but again with m2ts or mkv with hd audio the following happens.

I drag the specific files into grapedit. the correct filters are shown (ffdshow) but when i hit play the video window comes up behind the graphedit window and is just black. I then have to hit play a second time to get the file to play. this behaviour is reproduceable every time.

Any ideas?

regards
Mylle

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

mylle:
Can you provide small MKV sample of not working video? Use MKVMerge to split.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

hoborg:

Is there any diference of using: MePo own subtitle engine or FFDshow subtitle engine?
The diference that i'm asking are: DXVA and HD audio bitstream?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

hoborg:

Is there any diference of using: MePo own subtitle engine or FFDshow subtitle engine?

FFDShow subtitle engine is a lot advanced, for example have great support of BlueRay subtitles.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Does ffdshows integrated subtitle engine work with DXVA now that ffdshow DXVA exists? As I remember, the reason for using integrated MePo engine was that it allowed DXVA. And, now that I think about it, it makes for constant subtitle size independent of video resolution.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Does ffdshows integrated subtitle engine work with DXVA now that ffdshow DXVA exists? As I remember, the reason for using integrated MePo engine was that it allowed DXVA. And, now that I think about it, it makes for constant subtitle size independent of video resolution.

Yes DXVA + subtitles are working and yes, subtitle size is recalculated and size is the same video resolution undepended.

EDIT:
NOTE:
Subtitles can look worse when using FFDShow DXVA decoder + FFDshow subtitle engine, becouse of missing DXVA postrpocessing in lo-res h.264/VC-1p videos.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom