Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

mouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

yes all is perfect!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

So are you saying that it should work anyway, or that they are using old codecs?

Honestly, i have no idea what exactly this package install.

I just tested ~10 videos from OnlineVideos SVTPlay and all play without any problem for me :)

Cella400

Portal Member
August 8, 2008

Last night I finally figured out how to bitstream mkv movies with truehd and dts-hd ma files from my ati 5670 to my onkyo receiver. I was extremely excited, and I would not be able to do it without SAF. So thank you for this hoborg. Now here is my new issue...I can not play truehd and dts-hd ma FLAC files. I have around 20-25 mkv that have FLAC HD audio tracks in them. When I play them my receiver lights up with plain old Dolby Digital for both truehd and dts-hd ma FLAC files. So is there anything I can do to get these FLAC files to play correctly on my system? If that isn't possible can anybody show me a tutorial on how to convert HD audio FLAC files back to truehd and dts-hd ma files. Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Last night I finally figured out how to bitstream mkv movies with truehd and dts-hd ma files from my ati 5670 to my onkyo receiver. I was extremely excited, and I would not be able to do it without SAF. So thank you for this hoborg. Now here is my new issue...I can not play truehd and dts-hd ma FLAC files. I have around 20-25 mkv that have FLAC HD audio tracks in them. When I play them my receiver lights up with plain old Dolby Digital for both truehd and dts-hd ma FLAC files. So is there anything I can do to get these FLAC files to play correctly on my system? If that isn't possible can anybody show me a tutorial on how to convert HD audio FLAC files back to truehd and dts-hd ma files. Thanks

Hi.
You cannot passthrough FLAC tracks.
But you should be able to pass 5.1 FLAC (not 7.1) using FFDshow re-encoding to AC3.
Decoding chain:
splitter -> MadFLAC (decode 5.1 FLAC to 5.1 PCM) -> FFDShow (encode 5.1 PCM in to 5.1 AC-3 and passthrough it) -> reciever.

I think there should be possible to use FFDshow profile to convert 7.1 to 5.1 and passthrough it if you have 7.1 FLAC.

Cella400

Portal Member
August 8, 2008

Thanks hoborg. Maybe I'm stupid, but how exactly do I set this up properly.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Thanks hoborg. Maybe I'm stupid, but how exactly do I set this up properly.

...and again and once more, i do not have reciever, so cannot tell you how to configure it :)

BTW, i found there is option in FLAC decoder to limit output to 5.1 - this can solve your problem i think.
Just open your video in graphstudio - you can check decoding chain (numbers of chanel) in each filter here.

...and small video sample with FLAC can be usefull too :)

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This sample doesn't play for me, too. Same behaviour as mylle descripted.

Cella400

Portal Member
    August 8, 2008

Psycho Reptile,
    It was pretty easy. I'm runninng Windows 7 (64 bit) and have the ATI 5670 card. So this worked for me
    1. I uninstalled all codecs and ati drivers (all of them).
    2. Then I installed the Catalyst Software Suite 10.3, but did not install the HDMI audio driver.
    3. Installed the ATI Realtek HDMI Driver 2.42 techPowerUp! :: Download Realtek HD Audio for ATI HDMI 2.42.
    4. Then installed SAF v5 (v4 did not work) and made all the configs in Mediaportal that hoborg posted on the first page.
    5. In Mediaportal Config go to Codecs and Renders, select Video Render, and pick EVR.

Then everything worked. Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom