Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

This sample doesn't play for me, too. Same behaviour as mylle descripted.

Try to disable resample in FFDshow audio config.

Ok. i got it working.

I had to also disable DTS and Dolby digital even though my reciever supports that. Now it all works and it is still sending the sound to my reciever for processing meaning my DTS and DD is still working :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

This sample doesn't play for me, too. Same behaviour as mylle descripted.

Ok. i got it working.

I had to also disable DTS and Dolby digital even though my reciever supports that. Now it all works and it is still sending the sound to my reciever for processing meaning my DTS and DD is still working :)

Did you disabled resample or not?

BTW, looks like there are trully some DTS/DTS-HD passthrough problem.
Just disable DTS should fix it until it will be fixed on FFDShow side (but firstly someone must post regular bug report on FFDShow thred)...

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Ok. i got it working.

Did you disabled resample or not?

BTW, looks like there are trully some DTS/DTS-HD passthrough problem.
Just disable DTS should fix it until it will be fixed on FFDShow side (but firstly someone must post regular bug report on FFDShow thred)...

I did not disable resample!

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

I've tried to play a bluray. Unfortunately it's very laggy in mediaportal. I've added the movie in MovingPictures and installed the Bluray handler plugin and added mt2s/mpls to extensions.

I've attached 3 graphedit logs:
One playing mt2s fine.
One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub enabled -> high cpu load
One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub disabled -> high cpu load

What is wrong here?

Should internal sub be enabled or disabled now that ffdshow handles it better?

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
December 9, 2008
Lisbon
Home Country
Portugal Portugal

Hello.
I'm having two problems.
First: I have no sound with DTS or DTS-MA in MePo, but in MPC it works perfect, i have a ATI 5450 and i select passthrough to my Onkyo 606. If i disable DTS, my onkyo display DD when the movie have DTS track, but at least, i have sound.

Second: I have no subtitles in MePo when the sub in inside the mkv, if i have the "srt" external it works, either in MP subtitle engine either FFdshow subtitle engine, but in MPC work perfect.

Why is that?
Thanks once more

dedi

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland

i had good playback with ffdshow using the 04-12 release for SD content, this is gone, dont know if its the update or the "mood" of ffdshow (because the first time i tried i got bad results too)

using powerdvd9 now, but still got about 0,1% framedrops. not bad but something i want go fix :) -> any ideas?

for HD content, ffdshow dxva runs very good, as long the postprocessing from ffdshow (for osd) is disabled. with enabled settings, its really unusable (even with my oversized system for a htpc).

[win7 x64]

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country

I've got RC2 installed and SAF 5, and everything seems to be working ok, just have one annoyance... Before when I was using 1.1 Beta and SAF 4, I had the default zoom mode set for videos as stretch, and the videos took up the whole screen, edge to edge. Now with RC2 and SAF 5, even though stretch is set, the video still has the letterbox black bars top and bottom. I tried non-linear stretch and the bars got bigger.

Im not sure if this is an issue with one of the codecs from SAF (I am using it as per the screenshots on the frontpage, but using PDVD10 instead of PDVD9 for mpeg2) or an issue with media portal itself, but does anyone know how to stretch the videos to full screen again?

Thanks

Just an update on this issue, I went into the ffdshow video settings, then the Resize & Aspect settings, then changed the bottom option under Aspect ratio from Keep original aspect ratio to No aspect ratio correction. I now have full zoom again :)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hi hoborg,

Was wondering if you could maybe help me out or point me in the right direction with a problem I'm experiencing atm with my 5.1 analog setup (Logitech X-540).
The problem is that the sound I get with either SAF 4, or SAF5 (tried 08a, and latets of 5.x) is not distributed amongst my speakers correctly. This makes for example speech sound levels very low so it's hard to understand what has been said. Some other areas in the sound scape are blown out of proportion, really loud.
I'm clueless of the cause. When I play the soundcheck in windows 7 all speakers are correct (so front left is actual front left etc.) and the volume levels are all about the same for the sattelites, so it's not a driver thing I think.
I have set the ffdshow audio mixer to 3/2/1, 6 channels. I did not enable passthrough during setup nor did I enable the subtitle thing that comes up during install of SAF.
This problem occurs in MP but also in MP-HC as well as all other players. I have not pinpointed it down to any exact format but seems to happen with MKV a lot and especially when there's a 5.1 track available, as it seems up to now.

Provided SAF install logs, if you need anything else please ask and :D for all the hard work!

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Hoborg: I tried ffdshow's subtitle engine again. On the plus side it is super configurable. On the other hand it displays the subs inside the actual video picture. If you have a widescreen TV you get black borders over and under the video picture when playing back 2.39:1 material. If you use the MPC engine the subs are placed slightly under the picture, making some use of the black space there.

I guess it's a matter of when in the decoding process the subs are applied, right? When I used ffdshow without DXVA I could use the ffdshow engine to place the subs entirely within the bottom black space. It's a pity the MPC engine doesn't allow free placing of subs.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

I've tried to play a bluray. Unfortunately it's very laggy in mediaportal. I've added the movie in MovingPictures and installed the Bluray handler plugin and added mt2s/mpls to extensions.

I've attached 3 graphedit logs:
One playing mt2s fine.
One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub enabled -> high cpu load
One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub disabled -> high cpu load

What is wrong here?

Should internal sub be enabled or disabled now that ffdshow handles it better?

Last screenshot is OK, DXVA decoder is in use. Try to play m2ts file in graphstudio to eliminate player problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom