SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) | Page 52

Discussion in 'Codecs' started by hoborg, February 11, 2010.

1. mylle

mylle Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Ok. i got it working.

I had to also disable DTS and Dolby digital even though my reciever supports that. Now it all works and it is still sending the sound to my reciever for processing meaning my DTS and DD is still working :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs

Did you disabled resample or not?

BTW, looks like there are trully some DTS/DTS-HD passthrough problem.
    Just disable DTS should fix it until it will be fixed on FFDShow side (but firstly someone must post regular bug report on FFDShow thred)...

4. mylle

mylle Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark

I did not disable resample!

5. 1stdead

1stdead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark

I've tried to play a bluray. Unfortunately it's very laggy in mediaportal. I've added the movie in MovingPictures and installed the Bluray handler plugin and added mt2s/mpls to extensions.

I've attached 3 graphedit logs:
    One playing mt2s fine.
    One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub enabled -> high cpu load
    One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub disabled -> high cpu load

What is wrong here?

Should internal sub be enabled or disabled now that ffdshow handles it better?

6. Jocker_Boy

Jocker_Boy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Portugal Portugal

Hello.
    I'm having two problems.
    First: I have no sound with DTS or DTS-MA in MePo, but in MPC it works perfect, i have a ATI 5450 and i select passthrough to my Onkyo 606. If i disable DTS, my onkyo display DD when the movie have DTS track, but at least, i have sound.

Second: I have no subtitles in MePo when the sub in inside the mkv, if i have the "srt" external it works, either in MP subtitle engine either FFdshow subtitle engine, but in MPC work perfect.

Why is that?
    Thanks once more

7. dedi

dedi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland

i had good playback with ffdshow using the 04-12 release for SD content, this is gone, dont know if its the update or the "mood" of ffdshow (because the first time i tried i got bad results too)

using powerdvd9 now, but still got about 0,1% framedrops. not bad but something i want go fix :) -> any ideas?

for HD content, ffdshow dxva runs very good, as long the postprocessing from ffdshow (for osd) is disabled. with enabled settings, its really unusable (even with my oversized system for a htpc).

[win7 x64]

8. glenb83

glenb83 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:

Just an update on this issue, I went into the ffdshow video settings, then the Resize & Aspect settings, then changed the bottom option under Aspect ratio from Keep original aspect ratio to No aspect ratio correction. I now have full zoom again :)

9. joz

joz Portal Pro

J2ME / PHP programmer
    Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi hoborg,

Was wondering if you could maybe help me out or point me in the right direction with a problem I'm experiencing atm with my 5.1 analog setup (Logitech X-540).
    The problem is that the sound I get with either SAF 4, or SAF5 (tried 08a, and latets of 5.x) is not distributed amongst my speakers correctly. This makes for example speech sound levels very low so it's hard to understand what has been said. Some other areas in the sound scape are blown out of proportion, really loud.
    I'm clueless of the cause. When I play the soundcheck in windows 7 all speakers are correct (so front left is actual front left etc.) and the volume levels are all about the same for the sattelites, so it's not a driver thing I think.
    I have set the ffdshow audio mixer to 3/2/1, 6 channels. I did not enable passthrough during setup nor did I enable the subtitle thing that comes up during install of SAF.
    This problem occurs in MP but also in MP-HC as well as all other players. I have not pinpointed it down to any exact format but seems to happen with MKV a lot and especially when there's a 5.1 track available, as it seems up to now.

Provided SAF install logs, if you need anything else please ask and :D for all the hard work!

10. Seeco

Seeco Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden

Hoborg: I tried ffdshow's subtitle engine again. On the plus side it is super configurable. On the other hand it displays the subs inside the actual video picture. If you have a widescreen TV you get black borders over and under the video picture when playing back 2.39:1 material. If you use the MPC engine the subs are placed slightly under the picture, making some use of the black space there.

I guess it's a matter of when in the decoding process the subs are applied, right? When I used ffdshow without DXVA I could use the ffdshow engine to place the subs entirely within the bottom black space. It's a pity the MPC engine doesn't allow free placing of subs.

11. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs

Last screenshot is OK, DXVA decoder is in use. Try to play m2ts file in graphstudio to eliminate player problem.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!