Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (1 Viewer)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I've tried to play a bluray. Unfortunately it's very laggy in mediaportal. I've added the movie in MovingPictures and installed the Bluray handler plugin and added mt2s/mpls to extensions.

I've attached 3 graphedit logs:
One playing mt2s fine.
One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub enabled -> high cpu load
One attached to MePo with internal MPC sub disabled -> high cpu load

What is wrong here?

Should internal sub be enabled or disabled now that ffdshow handles it better?

Last screenshot is OK, DXVA decoder is in use. Try to play m2ts file in graphstudio to eliminate player problem.

That's the first picture and that's playing fine.

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I maybe have a similar problem?! I only can get Dolby Digital and DTS sound passed through to my Yamaha surround system (YSP-800). Whenever I have 2-channel (MP3) audio, for example in a DivX file, there is no sound within in MP (video is playing fine). When I drag the file into GraphStudio everything plays fine (using the same Ffdshow Audio). I also checked with GraphStudio when MP was playing the file and the graph looks exactly the same (using Ffdshow Audio)?!? The same problem occurs with SAF 4.0 . I've tried disabling pass-through and also disabling re-sampling, all with the same result? I didn't have this before (RC2), so maybe it's RC2 related?!?

Update: the reason why normal MPEG2 audio was not coming through, the master volume inside MP was completely turned down for some reason?!? Of course DD and DTS were passing through and therefore not affected by this setting.

Grtz Ron

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Just an update on this issue, I went into the ffdshow video settings, then the Resize & Aspect settings, then changed the bottom option under Aspect ratio from Keep original aspect ratio to No aspect ratio correction. I now have full zoom again :)

Strange, that is totally incorect :)

Hoborg: I tried ffdshow's subtitle engine again. On the plus side it is super configurable. On the other hand it displays the subs inside the actual video picture. If you have a widescreen TV you get black borders over and under the video picture when playing back 2.39:1 material. If you use the MPC engine the subs are placed slightly under the picture, making some use of the black space there.

Yes, and there is not (right now) solution for that. It only happend if DXVA + subtitles is in use. Move subtitles "under" the movie requaired postprocessing, but postprocessing broke DXVA.
    Or use MPC-HC subtitle engine in MePo.

Choice is your :)

Another SAF SVN out...

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

Hey hoborg, i see that DTS is disable in this release.
    But when i play a movie with DTS sound, and i have checked DTS in FFDshow audio, i do not have sound, but if i disable DTS, the receiver show Doldy Digital. Is this correct?
    And very strange is that, in MPC works perfect DTS passthrough when enable in FFDshow.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

... but if i disable DTS, the receiver show Doldy Digital. Is this correct?
    Yes.
    DTS is decoded and reencoded to AC-3 then passthrough (like any other audio formats with 5.1 audio).
    This seems to be most compatible option, should works on all recievers.

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

... but if i disable DTS, the receiver show Doldy Digital. Is this correct?
    Yes.
    DTS is decoded and reencoded to AC-3 then passthrough (like any other audio formats with 5.1 audio).
    This seems to be most compatible option, should works on all recievers.

Ok. But this is a problem with FFdshow audio, right? newer versions should have this problem correct?
    And another question, why i have to use the patch you indicate in the first page to have subtitles and audio change? In SAF 4.00 i don't need the patch.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Ok. But this is a problem with FFdshow audio, right? newer versions should have this problem correct?
    No idea. I read somewhere that unchecking "connect as PCM first" in FFDshow fixed some DTS passthrough problems, so you can try this too.
    And another question, why i have to use the patch you indicate in the first page to have subtitles and audio change? In SAF 4.00 i don't need the patch.
    Becouse MPC-HC splitters are not suported by MePo right now (i think it is just question of time when the patch will be integrated in to MePo).

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

No idea. I read somewhere that unchecking "connect as PCM first" in FFDshow fixed some DTS passthrough problems, so you can try this too.
    Becouse MPC-HC splitters are not suported by MePo right now (i think it is just question of time when the patch will be integrated in to MePo).

Thanks. I can only try next weekend, when i'm near to my HTPC. If someone can try the DTS problem, it would be great to see if it works.

Maybe in next realese of MePo the patch will be integrated, i hope. The problem with the subtitles also occured when trying to use FFDshow subtitle engine, the problem in the same? Because, when i apply the patch i only can get subtitles by MePo subtitle engine, i never coud get subtitle by FFdshow subtitle engine.

Very thanks once more

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Do I need in SAF5 with MP 1.1 RC2 the postprocessing for passthrough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom