Codecs SAF v5.02 *final* (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder) (2 Viewers)

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

Don't know if this has happened to anyone before but lately some of my videos show the FFDSHOW OSD on startup (even though it is disabled by default and wasn't enabled during the last video). Just a minor nuisance but strange nonetheless...

I can confirm this, i had the OSD in "ffdshow video DXVA"...

Can confirm this too. Stopping and Starting again help sometimes, than the osd is not showing anymore. Don't see this in the other releases. Also tried to delete all defined keybinds, but this don't helped.

Same problem here, but the OSD is on with every mkv. I tried to turn it off in the config but it keeps coming back. When I edit the config again the settings are back to previous. Any ideas? Thanks!

kasper-pa-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

uncheck OSD in the "FFDshow Video Settings"

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country

If you read my post, you'll see that I said I uncheck it and it keeps coming back. :) Yes, when I go back into the config the settings are back to "osd on". thanks.

I've been having no luck with any of the codecs getting decent video playback. It's really unfortunate. Stuttering playback using SAF 4, SAF 5, CoreAVC, etc. Using windows 7 32-bit with ati 4350 10.5 drivers running 1080i@96hz. time to wipe out windows and start over! :(

kasper-pa-

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 22, 2008
    Home Country

If you read my post, you'll see that I said I uncheck it and it keeps coming back. :) Yes, when I go back into the config the settings are back to "osd on". thanks.

I've been having no luck with any of the codecs getting decent video playback. It's really unfortunate. Stuttering playback using SAF 4, SAF 5, CoreAVC, etc. Using windows 7 32-bit with ati 4350 10.5 drivers running 1080i@96hz. time to wipe out windows and start over! :(

Oh, sorry, thought maybe you were doing the uncheck in the ffdshow AUDIO settings (which i did at first) not the video ones.... but it does sound like a fresh "re-do" is in order.. sucks but sometimes it's for the best ;)

galgo

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    Dividing multi audio streams between SPDIF and analog - howto?

Maybe one of you guys can help me with that?
    Dividing multi audio streams between SPDIF and analog - howto?
    I have a feeling it's something that might be a built in feature of FFDSHOW or Win7 - but still couldn't figure it out...
    It's either full analog or complete pass-through of all the audio stream through SPDIF - couldn't make them work together yet :(

Thank you in advance,:D
    Gal

P.S. - Apologize if it's not the right place to ask - I just love the simplicity and robustness of SAF and though you might have an elegant solution for me

johnwayne

Portal Member
    June 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Hi.

I have been using the K-Lite pack, but have now gone over to SAF. My question is, how can I combine SAF with VFW video codecs and/or ffdshow video encoder configuration? What is the simplest way of using SAF with several encoder codecs?

Thanks

markrb

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Re: AW: Re: SAF v5.00 experimental (based on FFDShow DXVA decoder)

I can confirm this, i had the OSD in "ffdshow video DXVA"...

Can confirm this too. Stopping and Starting again help sometimes, than the osd is not showing anymore. Don't see this in the other releases. Also tried to delete all defined keybinds, but this don't helped.

Same problem here, but the OSD is on with every mkv. I tried to turn it off in the config but it keeps coming back. When I edit the config again the settings are back to previous. Any ideas? Thanks!

Same here in m2ts videos. Have not used any mkv's lately so can't be sure about that. Weird thing is that it is random. I can stop a video and restart it and the behavior will change, either turning on or off on it's own, but once the video starts it doesn't change during the video.

pgroe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I still have troubles with Core i3. After last driver update from intel, deinterlace basicly works on win 7 x64.

Everything works fine with good PQ, but some scenes suddenly simply are not deinterlaced. Fallback deinterlace mode is set to "best", but these scenes are not deinterlaced completely (scanlines visible).

Someone else having this problem? Are there solutions?

(System config, please see "my system")

luckyaua

Portal Member
    August 5, 2008

i repeat my question because nothing reply for me:

how can i view the audio decoder OSD with ctrl-alt-O too, or which is the shortcut for audio osd?

Another question...

I've try to use ffdshow dxva with mkv files....720P file all ok but if i view a 1080p mkv i must "disable" postprocessing (Surface overlay)...so nothing OSD...because if i use Postprocessing the video are slow...with problem...only with 1080p mkv files, why?

Thanks.

summit

Portal Member
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Hoborg,
    At first thanks a lot for this! It's really easy now to get MP running with all different formats and TV etc... :)

But I noticed one thing today, after I re-installed my HTPC.
    The picture when watching TV or videos (SD/HD doesnt matter) is too bright. It seems as the brightness is pushed up around 25% in comparsion to my older setup.
    It's only that bright when watching video or TV, regular Windows desktop etc is fine...

I'm running:
    -W7
    -MP RC4
    -ATI HD2600pro
    -ATI CCC 9.8
    -ATI Driver 10.3
    -SAF 5 Unlocked

System build from scratch - No other codecs installed than SAF 5, settings applied as in your 1st post (I already changed the video codecs for testing, no success)

I already searched through this thread but couldn't find anything related to that - sorry in advance in case I overlooked it...

Maybe you (or someone else) can help??

Thanks,
    Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom