Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

HTElectrical

Portal Member
June 6, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, it plays fine with the MPC-HC player. It also plays fine in Media Portal, but it has a significant delay, especially when playing some files the first time. Even after that it still takes a good 10 to 15 sec. minimum to start.

Have you experienced this?
You are using the ffdshow codec, which is known to cause delays on first time usage and minor delays on sequential usage.

Switch to the MPC-HC standalone codec v1.5.2.3456 or any other good one, and delay will be gone.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Yes, it plays fine with the MPC-HC player. It also plays fine in Media Portal, but it has a significant delay, especially when playing some files the first time. Even after that it still takes a good 10 to 15 sec. minimum to start.

Have you experienced this?
You are using the ffdshow codec, which is known to cause delays on first time usage and minor delays on sequential usage.

Switch to the MPC-HC standalone codec v1.5.2.3456 or any other good one, and delay will be gone.

Well, if it is working under MPC-HC, then it is not decoder issue, but player itself.
MPC-HC gabest MPEG-2 decoder is not good. It is causing pixelation on begin/end of tracks, and it lack HW deinterlacing.
So it is not recomended by me.
You can try to use "CyberLink Video/SP Decoder" decoder from unlocked SAF.

HTElectrical

Portal Member
June 6, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So, change from this:

To this?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_001.jpg
    ScreenHunter_001.jpg
    67.5 KB
  • ScreenHunter_002.jpg
    ScreenHunter_002.jpg
    69.7 KB

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Hm my mepo runs great with pdvd11 and hd movie the cpu is about 9%. I had made my HTPC new, so now when i watch an hd movie the cpu is about 20% and higher. I use the latest SAF and the latest ati drivers...

What for settings du you use for your ati ? Maybe there is the problem. I do not remember exactly whether I had changed since that time what ?

And the other thing is Sky. When i will watch an Sky HD Channel for example FOX HD the Screen was black and mepo hangs a time. When i watch arte Hd, ARD Hd and so on nothing happens. Bevor i make my system new, it works fine. I use PDVD11 for HD files !!!

EDIT:: When i will use LAV Video Codec for HD Movies in Video Section, Graphedit shows me ffdshow is in use. Can't LAV Video decode h.264

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Hm my mepo runs great with pdvd11 and hd movie the cpu is about 9%. I had made my HTPC new, so now when i watch an hd movie the cpu is about 20% and higher. I use the latest SAF and the latest ati drivers...

What for settings du you use for your ati ? Maybe there is the problem. I do not remember exactly whether I had changed since that time what ?

And the other thing is Sky. When i will watch an Sky HD Channel for example FOX HD the Screen was black and mepo hangs a time. When i watch arte Hd, ARD Hd and so on nothing happens. Bevor i make my system new, it works fine. I use PDVD11 for HD files !!!

EDIT:: When i will use LAV Video Codec for HD Movies in Video Section, Graphedit shows me ffdshow is in use. Can't LAV Video decode h.264

Regarding the ATI settings, probably the only things you want enabled are Vector Adaptive deinterlacing and Pulldown detection.

To stop ffdshow decoding h264, I believe you have to go into ffdshow video decoder config and under codecs set H.264 (and maybe VC-1 if you want) to disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom