Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just to learn more about MediaPortal working with different codecs, I uninstalled SAF 6 (it's so easy to reinstall it) and installed the LAVF package mpei instead. Now, all playback issues I had before (DVD menu is black screen until arrow key is pressed, OnlineVideos crash when playing 720p material, playback of some xvid files) are all gone.

I think that instead of just blaming playback issues on MediaPortal (just because stuff plays back in perfectly in GraphStudio), maybe some time could be spent on making SAF 100% compatible with MediaPortal (like LAVF seems to be)? All issues seem to be because of FFDShow forcing itself to be used instead of LAVF even though I've set MediaPortal not to use it.

Thanks
    Emph

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just to learn more about MediaPortal working with different codecs, I uninstalled SAF 6 (it's so easy to reinstall it) and installed the LAVF package mpei instead. Now, all playback issues I had before (DVD menu is black screen until arrow key is pressed, OnlineVideos crash when playing 720p material, playback of some xvid files) are all gone.

I think that instead of just blaming playback issues on MediaPortal (just because stuff plays back in perfectly in GraphStudio), maybe some time could be spent on making SAF 100% compatible with MediaPortal (like LAVF seems to be)? All issues seem to be because of FFDShow forcing itself to be used instead of LAVF even though I've set MediaPortal not to use it.

Thanks
    Emph

sorry, but i totally disagree

i have ati card so lav decoder is pretty useless (even software decoding is awesome) plus the only way to get downmixing or upmixing audio working perfect is use ffdshow audio also i would mention the only solution i've found for play vc-1i is by saf ;)

i'm not experiencing any issue on onlinevideos: i use PDVD codec for HD onlinevideos also for compatible SD ;)

so thanks to SAF and his author ;)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

i have ati card so lav decoder is pretty useless (even software decoding is awesome) plus the only way to get downmixing or upmixing audio working perfect is use ffdshow audio also i would mention the only solution i've found for play vc-1i is by saf ;)

i'm not experiencing any issue on onlinevideos: i use PDVD codec for HD onlinevideos also for compatible SD ;)

I have an NVIDIA card. Maybe that's why I have issues and you don't. Hoborg has an ATI card IIRC.

Emph

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Thanks
    Emph

I have an NVIDIA card. Maybe that's why I have issues and you don't. Hoborg has an ATI card IIRC.

Emph

I have the DVD issue also and I'm on ati card. When I have time I will try to install the lavf package. See if it works that way.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Yes by me to. On Mepo it dosn't work for VC-1 Files. I wrote this prob a view post bevor that. Only in MPC-HC it works with PDVD11 but not in MePo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom