Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

fnokke

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi.
Your MP4 file is FullHD 60fps interlaced clip. I can play it here without any problem by SAF default in MPC-HC/Graphstudio - FFDShow DVXVA decoder is in use.
OK, thanks, I have been thinking that the time has come to upgrade ... :). And the reason why Win Mediaplayer worked was that it did not try to use HW decoding (I at least verified that CPU went up to 80% or so when running Win Mediaplayer but only 10% or so for the stuttering / only sound playback using MPC-HC) ?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
OK, thanks, I have been thinking that the time has come to upgrade ... :). And the reason why Win Mediaplayer worked was that it did not try to use HW decoding (I at least verified that CPU went up to 80% or so when running Win Mediaplayer but only 10% or so for the stuttering / only sound playback using MPC-HC) ?
Maybe becouse WMP using Media Foundation instead of DirectShow?

Msidney

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
Hi,
I have been having some problems playing some files in mediaportal... I am using SAF 6. I have tried uninstalling all of my codecs, installing SAF and setting mediaportal up the same as shown on the first page, but still no luck.
what information do you require in order to help me out?
cheers,
matt

edit--
the file will play in both windows media player and mpc but will not load in media portal. this is not just one file it is many files.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help.

Running the latest SAF, but using FFDShow audio (as opposed to LAV).

When I play a sample which has EAC3 audio (6 channel) ffdshow audio is outputting as PCM and not passthru/bitstream (this is done through graphstudio)

I have ffdshow configured to bitstream/passhthru every format, I have it set to AC3 SPDIF encode all streams

If I check within Graphstudio the input pin on ffdshow audio is DOLBY_DDPLUS, 48KHz sample, 6 channels. The output pin is PCM, 48KHz, 6 channel.

So it appears ffdshow is not bitstreaming it for some reason???

If I switch to LAV Audio, then EAC3 works fine.

Please help... :)

J.

ps - In the meantime I have disabled EAC3 in ffdshow, so it falls back to LAV for that specific type.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    I have been having some problems playing some files in mediaportal... I am using SAF 6. I have tried uninstalling all of my codecs, installing SAF and setting mediaportal up the same as shown on the first page, but still no luck.
    what information do you require in order to help me out?
    cheers,
    matt

edit--
    the file will play in both windows media player and mpc but will not load in media portal. this is not just one file it is many files.
    What extensions this files have, MP4?

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've got little time last days to mess with my system... so I kindly ask if someone tests PDVD12 with livetv (SD+HD), report back how it's working (zap speed and behaviour, and framedrops, mainly)... :)

Thanks a lot!

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi.
    Here is new SAF test based on PDVD12 decoder (*unlocked* SAF only).
    So please test and report if all is working as it should :)

i've just tried, all is playable with pdvd12, also vc-1i as aspected, but i get a green flashing stripe at the bottom of the screen, on h264 tv 50i and mkv 1080p 720p....i went back to saf 608. no green stripe with pdvd 11

i have ati driver 12.2 .

thank you
    bye

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Looking good with TV (I'm only using PowerDVD Codec for TV) - fast switching (but I can't see a difference to 11) - maybe a little better picture on standard channels.

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Does the PDVD ham decoder work for anyone?

The video constantly stutters, it looks like bad deinterlacing or something.
    I get a cpu usage from 20% and more (DXVA = less than 10%), software fallback??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom