Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Why/how do you use HAM decoder instead of standar one?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm using the same decoders as shown in teh first thread - I played around a little yesterday and I think when using PWDVD for h264 it also started stuttering on Videofiles after 10 seconds - with the mentioned settings it works fine.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    is possible to use Lav video decoder for DVD playback?
    With integrated HD4250 GPU (AMD 880g) i must set DXVA or DXVA2 (in Lav config.)?

thanks

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Because DXVA gives some problems on some HD content.
    Lav (copy back) also works ok, but I've had some crashed with it.
    But if I remember well, ham decoder doesn't show in pull down menu to choose tv decoder... Right?

About lav, my problem is distorted zapping (longer times, also distorted picture for some seconds after zapping)... After, is awesome... At least as good as pdvd... Till I zap again :)

Desde Runnymede con Tapatalk...

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    But if I remember well, ham decoder doesn't show in pull down menu to choose tv decoder... Right?

About lav, my problem is distorted zapping (longer times, also distorted picture for some seconds after zapping)... After, is awesome... At least as good as pdvd... Till I zap again :)

even someone reports lav video decoder is working on tv, i would like to remind that LAV video is not supposed to work with live tv.

bye ;)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I know... but it's actually working... and it's doing veeery well... Just this little annoyances when zapping... :) it's a pitty... but nev will sure improve it. In the meantime... I'll stick to PDVD. That's why I was asking for feedback about PDVD 12.

bye!

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I know... but it's actually working... and it's doing veeery well... Just this little annoyances when zapping... :) it's a pitty... but nev will sure improve it. In the meantime... I'll stick to PDVD. That's why I was asking for feedback about PDVD 12.

bye!

some post before you can find my report about pdvd12, but i can't understand why you don't try it by yourself...... 5 min to install test version of saf, if something goes wrong (as went to me) 5 min to go back to the previous version.....

i don't want to discuss about your silly statement.....but if lav gives you problem in zapping to me seems that lav video is still not good to be used in tv zapping :D lol

bye

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

even someone reports lav video decoder is working on tv, i would like to remind that LAV video is not supposed to work with live tv.

bye ;)

I it is working for me flawlessly for several months now using SAF 6.0.5. So what the heck ;)

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

bye!

some post before you can find my report about pdvd12, but i can't understand why you don't try it by yourself...... 5 min to install test version of saf, if something goes wrong (as went to me) 5 min to go back to the previous version.....

If you can't understand that someone doesn't have 10 minutes to test something, then don't waste time in posting it.

i don't want to discuss about your silly statement.....but if lav gives you problem in zapping to me seems that lav video is still not good to be used in tv zapping :D lol

bye

Be carefull who/what you call silly man. You may find out what's really silly rereading your answers.

@BlueMax1916, I've been using LAV for tv for some time... very fluid, but with DVb-t Spain channels I've got that problems reported some posts ago when zapping... I'll post in nev's official thread about it. May be he wants to give it a try and improve zapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom