Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

Skerrin

May 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can I please get an unlocked version?
Thanks

Skerrin

May 30, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm hoping an unlocked version of SAF will help clear up the issues I'm running into.

I now have an Onkyo receiver (Onkyo TX-NR616 but running it on 5.1 speaker setup) in my setup but bitstreaming does not appear to be working and I'm also having issues with audio playing on some videos like xvid with DD 5.1. Everything just shows PCM when played. I'm new to the bitstreaming and if I need to skip this and run a different way I'm ok with that.

I'm running windows XP Pro SP3, AMD 5200+, 3 gigs RAM, Nvidia 7900GTX graphics, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express soundcard.
MediaPortal (latest version). Running latest version of SAF. Soundcard is hooked up via SPDIF optical to the receiver. Running a DVI to HDMI cable for video from computer to receiver.

When I play files with DD 5.1 I just get loud static from the speakers when using SAF with settings per the first page for the video tab in MePo. Other audio types seems to oscillate in volume and the vocals are tinny and come in and out or the vocal track does not play.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Could you please, provide me with a unlocked version.
    Much thanks!
    As posted at the beginning of this thread (and probably several other places), you need to PM Hoborg (it's now called "starting a conversation" in the new forum SW) to get a key to unlock SAF.

P.S. Sorry, I see that it isn't in the first post here, but in a few other posts in the thread. BTW, I will be surprised if unlocking helps with the problem you described, but I'm no expert.

Last edited:

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Hoborg,

Is this of any use or any good for you/us?
    http://ac3filter.net/wiki/Download_AC3Filter

AC3Filter now supports Dolby TrueHD
    Hi,
    The question is why ?
    LAV audio already support nearly all posiible audio formats including HD audio bitstream and AAC HA decoding.
    It will soon support downmix to stereo and that is all i want right now.
    So i dont have any reason for change.
    AC3 filter support AC3 encode, so that can be reason for someone to use it, but that mean combination with another decoder to support rest of audio formats decoding.

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes, AC3 encode is the only thing I miss in Lav Audio (my TV only accepts 5.1 with ac3 format). Currently if I use ffdshow in Video Postprocessing MP to encode 5.1 streams (mainly DTS) to AC3, the playing stops when i try to change audio stream (it's not mediaportal crashing; the movie simply stops playing and returns to moving pictures). Maybe I try AC3 filter, any advice to use it with SAF?

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have the following setup:
    HTPC is connected to Dolby Digital 5.1 Receiver via SPDIF.

My problem:
    If I'm running Windows7 Mediacenter, the receiver show that the sound is (at least) 2.1 Dolby Digital, when the tv-show supports it.
    If I'm running Mediaportal on the same OS, the receiver indicates always only PCM (stereo) sound.
    Now, I installed the SAF6 codec pack and choose the following configuration:
    SPDIF passthrough, Audio-Codec: LAV, AudioRenderer: DefaultDirectSoundDevice, Video-Renderer: Cyberlink 12
    No luck...

Do you have any idea, how to configure the (Mediaportal) system, that it will play Dolby Digital in the same (good) way Windows MediaCenter does?

Thanks for your support!!!
    Fab55

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.

Is there a way to have mkv and flv thumbnails showing in MP (and windows explorer)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom