Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Doveman,
With this configuration, I would use SAF 6 with default hoborg settings, it should work properly.
Hi.
Yes, it should be working just by default settings, including DVD decoding with menus.
At last i don't have any decoding issues right now.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Doveman,
With this configuration, I would use SAF 6 with default hoborg settings, it should work properly.
Hi.
Yes, it should be working just by default settings, including DVD decoding with menus.
At last i don't have any decoding issues right now.

Thanks ced007 and hoborg. I'll try ffdshow for DVD then as I probably only tested with PDVD12 as I thought it would be better.

I'd still like to know why you recommend I leave all those output options ticked, rather than just RGB32 as shown in ced007's picture. Also, is there no advantage to using LAV video instead of ffdshow video (for stuff other than DVD) in your opinion(s)?

DerPrinz82

Portal Pro
September 3, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I've been using the unlocked version and it worked fine, but after updating to version 611, there are no unlocked features anymore (no pdvd11).
Is there a solution for this? Thanks in advance ;)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hi,
I've been using the unlocked version and it worked fine, but after updating to version 611, there are no unlocked features anymore (no pdvd11).
Is there a solution for this? Thanks in advance ;)
Just run again the "key" file (exe file) you should have to reactivate the unlock option, and then reinstall SAF.

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And problem solving, and questions about MediaPortal crash with copy protected DVD

Problem:
    Some heavily copy-protected DVD as "Lauf um dein Leben" MediaPortal crash. The same problem occurs on the play with Media Player Classic. See MediaPortal LOG files.

CODEC used:
    Codec: SAF 6 Old version and the latest version of SAF version 6 9:11

Codec settings:
    DVD / disc (as recommended by Homberg) Image SAF 6 codec settings:
    DVD Video Decoder: FFDSHOW video decoder
    DVD Audio Decoder: Audio decoder LAV

solution:
    After searching for a solution to why the Media Player Classic crashes, I found the following working solution. Change the MPEG2 codec setting.
    http://blog.frz.cc/2008/digitaler-kopierschutz-dvds
    I have used this solution on the FFDSHOW settings (ffdshow video codec setting) and MediaPortal not'll crash.
    Change the MPEG2 decoder "libmpeg2" to "libavcodec" (see Picture)

Another solution is in the MediaPortal configuration use for the DVD video and DVD Audio decoder : Microsoft DTV-DVD set of video decoder in order.

My questions are:
    1. If the change of settings for the MPEG2 codec FFdshow on libavcodec another negative effect.
    2. Is it possible to "libmepg2" renew codec
    3. Is there another solution to the problem
    4. Why Homberg used at all FFDSHOW for DVD playback. I have dropt Frames with Video DVD.

In German:

Problem und Lösung und Fragen zu Mediaportal Absturz mit kopiergeschützen DVD

Problem:
    Einige sehr stark kopiergeschützte DVD z.B. "Lauf um Dein Leben" bringen Mediaportal zum Absturz. Das gleiche Problem tritt auch auf beim abspielen mit den Mediaplayer Classic auf. Siehe Mediaportal LOG Files.

Verwendeter CODEC:
    Codec: SAF 6 Old Version und neuste Version SAF6 9.11 Version

Codec Einstellungen:
    DVD / Disk Image SAF 6 Codec EInstellungen (wie von Homberg empfohlen):
    DVD Video Decoder: FFDSHOW Video Decoder
    DVD Audio Decoder: LAV Audio Decoder

Lösung:
    Nach der Suche nach einer Lösung warum auch der Media Player Classic abstürtzt habe ich folgende funktionierende Lösung gefunden. Änderung der MPEG2 Codec Einstellung.

http://blog.frz.cc/2008/digitaler-kopierschutz-dvds
    Ich habe diese Lösung auch auf die FFDSHOW Einstellungen (ffdshow Video Codec EInstellung) angewendet (siehe Abbildung) und Mediaportal stürtzt nicht mehr ab.

Umstellung des MPEG2 Decoder von "libmpeg2" auf "libavcodec".

EIne andere Lösung ist es in der Mediaportal Konfiguration DVD Video Decoder und DVD Audio Decoder: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder um zu stellen.

Meine Fragen:
    1. Hat die Änderung der FFdshow EInstellungen für den MPEG2 Codec auf libavcodec einen anderen negativen Effekt.

2. Ist es möglich den "libmepg2" codec zu erneuern

3. Gibt es eine andere Lösung für das Problem

4. Warum verwendet Homberg überhaupt FFDSHOW für die DVD Wiedergabe. Ich habe teilweise ein etwas ruckliges Bild.

A.Herberg www.center-pc.de

Attachments

• ffdshwocodec_new.png
      ffdshwocodec_new.png
      225.2 KB
    Last edited:

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    And problem solving, and questions about MediaPortal crash with copy protected DVD
    solution:
    Change the MPEG2 decoder "libmpeg2" to "libavcodec" (see Picture)

Hi.
    Old libmpeg2 was already removed from FFDShow, so in SAF 6.12 WIP, DVD decoding is handled by libavcodec.

Some time ago, users report problems with libavcodec as DVD decoder (i was not able to reporduce any) and using libmpeg2 was recomended.
    That is the reson why SAF used libmpeg2 as default.

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @hoborg

Zitat von lhcomputer:
    solution:
    Change the MPEG2 decoder "libmpeg2" to "libavcodec" (see Picture)​
    Hi.
    Old libmpeg2 was already removed from FFDShow, so in SAF 6.12 WIP, DVD decoding is handled by libavcodec.

Some time ago, users report problems with libavcodec as DVD decoder (i was not able to reporduce any) and using libmpeg2 was recomended.
    That is the reson why SAF used libmpeg2 as default.

Thanks for your fast answer. I wait for SAF 6.12

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you've already changed MPEG2 decoder to libavcodec, I don't think SAF 6.12 will do anything that you haven't already done (in that respect at least, there may of course be other changes you'll benefit from).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom