Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (8 Viewers)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
in fact, trying deeper, with FFDshow DXVA MePo occasionally crashes (always starting playback) with 1080p mkv.. :(
using PowerDVD codec, MePo it seems that it is never crash..
Strange. Maybe it trigger some issue when using in MePo.

karl10247

Portal Pro
November 8, 2011
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi guys,

Is there a screenshot showing the settings for the various tabs in 1.3.0 beta? I tried my best to setup the new SAF using the screens on page 1 but the codec settings screen is very different.

Thanks
Karl

Errrrrr bumpity bump

Can anyone who has it working well drop a couple screenshots of their config please? :)

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @karl10247
    I'm using MePo V1.3 beta with the settings attachments. As explained in previous posts, using FFDshow DXVA for H264 and VC1, MePo often crashes.
    As audio renderer usually use ReClock (except for TV) but it is irrelevant..
    2013-02-04_192831.jpg
    2013-02-04_192844.jpg
    2013-02-04_192854.jpg
    2013-02-04_192903.jpg

Last edited:

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Hoborg,

I had the same with MKV .

I am on an AMD media PC but I do not use the onboard graphics.

I added an extra videocart in the PC AMD radeon HD6450 driver is 8.892.9.0

BTW I also opened a threath here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-3-beta-some-problems.116002/

To see if there is any other feedback on this issue.

I did an uninstall this night (MePo and Also the SAF codecs)

I tried with the standard codec pack that comes with MePo1.3Beta it has same problem.

only tha SAF codec plays more files!!;)

Try different GPU drivers (from AMD site) and check if you GPU is not overheating.

So finally got time to unlock SAF, thanks Hoborg (y)
    With MP4:​
    I see a difference now Where MPHC uses FFDshow video decoder + LAV audiodecoder​
    in PeMo I see coreavc instead of FFDShow​
    I searched for CoreAVC in the codecs and replaced that with FFDSHOW dxvadecoder​
    I Updated remote via teamviewer so when I am home later I will have a look:)
    I'll be back!!:cool:
    YES!!!:p It works...
    Glad that graphstudio could help me Iwas perfectly able now to recognize the difference.
    Just watched a movie that was unbarable before without any failure
    Sure have to try more but wanted to share this!
    So Mepo 1.3beta + SAF works for me now;):cool:
    Thanks Hoborg!!(y)
    originally wrote it in a pm but the info and credit are more suitable here and maybe someone else is helped wit this too

Last edited:

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    So finally got time to unlock SAF, thanks Hoborg (y)
    With MP4:​
    I see a difference now Where MPHC uses FFDshow video decoder + LAV audiodecoder​
    in PeMo I see coreavc instead of FFDShow​
    I searched for CoreAVC in the codecs and replaced that with FFDSHOW dxvadecoder​
    I Updated remote via teamviewer so when I am home later I will have a look:)
    I'll be back!!:cool:
    YES!!!:p It works...​
    Glad that graphstudio could help me Iwas perfectly able now to recognize the difference.​
    Just watched a movie that was unbarable before without any failure​
    Sure have to try more but wanted to share this!​
    So Mepo 1.3beta + SAF works for me now;):cool:
    Thanks Hoborg!!(y)
    originally wrote it in a pm but the info and credit are more suitable here and maybe someone else is helped wit this too

Good.
    So it was CoreAVC problem?
    I should add Core AVC detection to SAF installer.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Hoborg,

Yes it looks like that.
    Maybe I try to sample play some more files today. I tried about 4 last days all MKV files which previously where not nice to play and now it was without any strange artefacts.
    We have my wifes birthday this weekend and many people in the house so I actually only play music these days;)

Last edited:

Topi

Portal Member
    October 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Dear Hoborg,

perhaps it is a known issue though just I do not know it... however...

Due to several reason I run MePo 1.2.3 in standard user account with UAC on maximum level. I had to change the privileges for this standard user on the MediaPortal directories in Program Files (x86) and in Program Data. So everything works fine until I use PowerDVD 12 codecs (unlocked version as part of SAF 6.1.9). When I watch a HDTV program in the standard user account, DXVA does not seem to work, CPU load is around 90%, GPU load seems to be somehow scattered. I see stuttering and other artifacts on the TV screen.
    powerdvd12_DXVA_standard_user_account.png

Watching the same channel in the admin account, DXVA seems to be enabled for the PowerDVD 12 codec CPU load is around 30%, GPU load is around 90-100% which is what I expect. No stuttering nor other artifacts on the TV screen.
    powerdvd12_DXVA_administrator_account.png

When I use the Windows 7 codes within the same scenarios, there is no difference between standard and admin account observable. Are there some more directories for SAF and/or PowerDVD codec where I have to elevate privileges for the standard user account?

Last edited:

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Dear Hoborg,

perhaps it is a known issue though just I do not know it... however...

Due to several reason I run MePo 1.2.3 in standard user account with UAC on maximum level. I had to change the privileges for this standard user on the MediaPortal directories in Program Files (x86) and in Program Data. So everything works fine until I use PowerDVD 12 codecs (unlocked version as part of SAF 6.1.9). When I watch a HDTV program in the standard user account, DXVA does not seem to work, CPU load is around 90%, GPU load seems to be somehow scattered. I see stuttering and other artifacts on the TV screen.

Watching the same channel in the admin account, DXVA seems to be enabled for the PowerDVD 12 codec CPU load is around 30%, GPU load is around 90-100% which is what I expect. No stuttering nor other artifacts on the TV screen.

When I use the Windows 7 codes within the same scenarios, there is no difference between standard and admin account observable. Are there some more directories for SAF and/or PowerDVD codec where I have to elevate privileges for the standard user account?
    Hi.
    What user did you use to install SAF?
    If you use non admin user acount and start SAF install by right click, run as admin, it will not work correctly. SAF need to be installed in admin account.

Topi

Portal Member
    October 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    If you use non admin user acount and start SAF install by right click, run as admin, it will not work correctly. SAF need to be installed in admin account.
    Hi hoborg,
    thanks for the quick reply. I installed SAF in the admin account as well as I did it with the MediaPortal installer. But I created the standard user account after the installation of SAF and MediaPortal was already done. Perhaps this observation might help to track down the issue?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi hoborg,
    thanks for the quick reply. I installed SAF in the admin account as well as I did it with the MediaPortal installer. But I created the standard user account after the installation of SAF and MediaPortal was already done. Perhaps this observation might help to track down the issue?
    Standad user account have separate registry setting. This is the reason why it doesnot work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom