Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

Topi

Portal Member
October 26, 2012
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Standad user account have separate registry setting. This is the reason why it doesnot work.
Hi hoborg,
thanks for the explanation. Though, is there some sort of registry tweak or something else, that I could use to get it work in the standard user account? Perhaps you may offer some hints on that?

Last edited:

Topi

Portal Member
October 26, 2012
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Standad user account have separate registry setting. This is the reason why it doesnot work.

Hi hoborg,

thanks for the explanation. Though, is there some sort of registry tweak or something else, that I could use to get it work in the standard user account? Perhaps you may offer some hints on that?

hoborg offered me some hints via PM (thanks!) which finally helped me to develop a workaround for the issue, although he mentioned that he only supports SAF in administrator type user accounts. Here are the necessary steps to get the PowerDVD 12 codecs to work with DXVA support in a Windows 7 standard user account:

• Administrator Account: unistall both, SAF 6.x and the SAF unlocker
  • Reboot
  • Temporarily elevate your standard user account to administrator type ("Change the account type" in Windows 7 user accounts control panel sub menu)
  • Log on to the standard user account , which has now administrator privileges, and install the SAF unlocker as well as SAF 6.x under this account
  • Reboot
  • Set back your standard user account to standard user type ("Change the account type" in Windows 7 user accounts control panel sub menu)
  • Reboot
Now you should be fine with correctly working DXVA supported PowerDVD 12 codecs in your standard user account.

superforever

Portal Pro
April 13, 2009
Is there anyway for SAF to auto switch between Bitstream and non-Bitstream? Because sometime I have my Mediaportal PC connect to receiver with HDMI but sometime with PC audio.

Now I have to manually go into LAF and disable Bitstream.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Is there anyway for SAF to auto switch between Bitstream and non-Bitstream? Because sometime I have my Mediaportal PC connect to receiver with HDMI but sometime with PC audio.

Now I have to manually go into LAF and disable Bitstream.
Hi.
You can create export two (or more) registry settings, map them to shortcuts and change settings by executing them.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
SAF v.6.2.0 released: (20130310)
- LAVF updated to 0.55.3
- FFDShow updated to rev.4501
- MPC-HC filter/player updated to rev. 1.6.6.6910
- GraphStudioNext updated to 0.5.1.117

Biffa001

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
I've just upgraded from a couple of version back to the latest with no problems apart from the PDVD codec it gives me is still the Pdvd10 not 12. I'mpretty sure I have the unlocked version as I remember that from my last install. Any suggestions to solve this as at the moment any HD TV is very stuttery and unwatchable with my CPU hitting 100% sometimes, but if I play the same file in TMT3 there is no problem at all with my CPU down low.

I have my codecs settings as you suggest in the Mepo setup. Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
I've just upgraded from a couple of version back to the latest with no problems apart from the PDVD codec it gives me is still the Pdvd10 not 12. I'mpretty sure I have the unlocked version as I remember that from my last install. Any suggestions to solve this as at the moment any HD TV is very stuttery and unwatchable with my CPU hitting 100% sometimes, but if I play the same file in TMT3 there is no problem at all with my CPU down low.

I have my codecs settings as you suggest in the Mepo setup. Thanks
Hi.
Can you provide your SAF LOGs? Look on system root for them.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Updated to SAF v.6.2.0, it seem all OK :)
    A question about LAV Video control pannel: software deinterlacing (YADIF) must be enabled or disabled?
    I use LAV Video (and LAV Audio) for ALL my files (BR, mkv, avi, DVD, ecc.....).

Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Updated to SAF v.6.2.0, it seem all OK :)
    A question about LAV Video control pannel: software deinterlacing (YADIF) must be enabled or disabled?
    I use LAV Video (and LAV Audio) for ALL my files (BR, mkv, avi, DVD, ecc.....).

Thanks
    Hi.
    By SAF default, LAVF video decoder is used only for DVDs, so deinterlacing is enabled by default.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom