Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Which version should i use for a stereo setup? thx

You can add FFDshow audio processor to MePo postprocessing to downmix to stereo.
Or use FFDshow audio decoder instead of LAV audio decoder.

luksmann

Portal Pro
November 10, 2005
Home Country
Austria Austria
Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Does FFDshow Audio work with (HD) live tv - there was a problem with audio/video being out of sync as far as I remember! Just asking, because I want to use Microsoft Video Codec + ffdshow Audio for live TV, as LAV is way to quiet without stereo pulldown on SKY channels and using Microsoft DVT Audio Codec I get no sound on channels using AC3!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Does FFDshow Audio work with (HD) live tv - there was a problem with audio/video being out of sync as far as I remember! Just asking, because I want to use Microsoft Video Codec + ffdshow Audio for live TV, as LAV is way to quiet without stereo pulldown on SKY channels and using Microsoft DVT Audio Codec I get no sound on channels using AC3!

Hi.
The problem was using FFDshow Video decoder. FFDshow audio decoder should be working.
But there is no LATM AAC support.

Buggles

Portal Member
July 15, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hi Hoborg,

Can you update the screenshots in start of this thread with the advised settings?
Now 1.2.1 is the latest stable version and also saf has changed with LAV video decoder etc.
I think an update could be nice. :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

Hi Hoborg,

Can you update the screenshots in start of this thread with the advised settings?
Now 1.2.1 is the latest stable version and also saf has changed with LAV video decoder etc.
I think an update could be nice. :)

Hmmm, but it is still recomended settings :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hello i have a problem. I've suddenly sound skips from 1-2 secs at different intervals. I have only installt your last SAF update and ATI Drivers 11.9...

I have make an inf from my AVR EDID and install this for my tv as driver. At first I thought it is, I did change it back but the soundproblem is still there.

No matter what live tv, series and so on.

alexveee

Portal Member
    October 12, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Has anybody noticed that the version of the FFDShow DXVA codec from 20110930 and 20091006 has broken DXVA decoding of VC-1 content? The non-DXVA FFDShow codec and LAV Video do it in software ok, but using FFDShow DXVA crashes a Visual C++ runtime or something like that when playing in MePo or MPC-HC. I've only tried 1080p .mkv content. I've confirmed this happens on my ATI 4670 card with several different driver versions as well as on a friend's ATI 5450. Reverting back to 20110919 works for now, but I don't wanna miss out on future advances with LAV Audio and the like. I suppose I could try to use another codec like Cyberlink or Arcsoft for VC-1. There's no way to pick just VC-1's codec in MediaPortal is there?

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

question: how you switch manual from "normal" output to reciever output (SPDIF, HDMI) ??

instead of reinstall SAF and answering the questions about the reciever thing..

santal123

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

question: how you switch manual from "normal" output to reciever output (SPDIF, HDMI) ??

instead of reinstall SAF and answering the questions about the reciever thing..

If I got you right.

1. In Windows you can go to sound devices and select an output device (SPDIF, HDMI) a receiver connected to.
    2. In audio filter settings you can enable/disable passthrough of an audio signal. If passthrough is enabled receiver itself will decode an audio format.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Has anybody noticed that the version of the FFDShow DXVA codec from 20110930 and 20091006 has broken DXVA decoding of VC-1 content? The non-DXVA FFDShow codec and LAV Video do it in software ok, but using FFDShow DXVA crashes a Visual C++ runtime or something like that when playing in MePo or MPC-HC. I've only tried 1080p .mkv content. I've confirmed this happens on my ATI 4670 card with several different driver versions as well as on a friend's ATI 5450. Reverting back to 20110919 works for now, but I don't wanna miss out on future advances with LAV Audio and the like. I suppose I could try to use another codec like Cyberlink or Arcsoft for VC-1. There's no way to pick just VC-1's codec in MediaPortal is there?

By SAF default, VC-1 DXVA decoding is disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom