Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (3 Viewers)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

go into the ffdshow audio config and ion the "Output" section uncheck the AC3 (SPDIF encode mode) if its ticked on
    also uncheck "resample" and "mixer" if they appear to be checked on

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

@hoborg: i can help with Croatian translation if you like? any info on playing dts music files with LAVF???

Thax a lot!!!!
    The problem is, that your file is not .DTS, it is DTS in WAV container...
    If you add LAV audio decoder to MePo postprocessing, it should be working.
    Hope there will be better solution soon.

CrAsH_cro

Portal Member
    October 18, 2011
    Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

The problem is, that your file is not .DTS, it is DTS in WAV container...
    If you add LAV audio decoder to MePo postprocessing, it should be working.
    Hope there will be better solution soon.

where can i set audio postprocessing in MePo???

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

Hi,
    I installed SAF yesterday on MP 1.2.1. I think I did something wrong and I'm not very at ease with sound types.
    I've got an external audio device connected through SPDIF. My device (5.1) knows DTS and dolby digital.
    I selected passthrough in SAF config. But for movies with (I think) DTS sound I have no voices, only music.
    So how to know the type of sound and how it is decoded during playback inside MediaPortal.
    All my players are affected by the same problem since the install of SAF (MPCHC, PowerDVD 10).

Can somebody help me config my install ?

BTW : i did the french translation, tell me if it is correct.View attachment Fançais.zip

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

MEGA180: normally the voices comes out of the center box in a 5.1 or 7.1 config right. So maybe there is something wrong with your centerbox. Do you have sound on the box anywhere, maybe in a stereo config when listening radio or music with your 5.1 device?

Henric

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

@mega180: normally the voices comes out of the center box in a 5.1 or 7.1 config right. So maybe there is something wrong with your centerbox. Do you have sound on the box anywhere, maybe in a stereo config when listening radio or music with your 5.1 device?

Henric

Thanks Henric,
    I think it's a software problem, because it appears since SAF install. Everything was OK before with Klite codec pack and MPCHC pack.
    I also tried to read my movies directly from a multimedia LACie HDD (also connected to my Audio decoder) and everything is OK.

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Also, for the TV... So, you're saying that it's choosing the wrong one as the video renderer. So, how do I change that and what do I change that to?

Edit 2: I've uploaded a sample of that file. It is a .mkv, so I just added a fake ".xmp2" extension on the end of the file name so it would upload. Just edit the file name to delete the ".xmp2" and that's a sample of the file that I'm having problems with. Thanks!

I can play your sample without any issue here.
    About no picture in TV scan - just reinstall saf and this time disable tools durning SAF installation.

MKV Merge is good tool to detect/fix possible problems in MKV.
    There was already SAf bug report about problems playing certain MKV. After MKV merge test, we found that the files was damaged.

Thanks for the reply. I may do that, but I'd like to see what I hear back on why some of my MKV files aren't playing first. I was hoping that SAF6 was going to FIX my problems, not CREATE more. haha

As i explainded already, this is not SAF issue. SAF only trigger problem in MePo :)

OK, so if you can play my sample without any issue there, but I can't here... what does that mean? haha I know that's a pretty broad question, but do you have any suggestions? Does that mean that I have other codecs interfering? I wouldn't think it would matter since I have all of the settings set exactly how the screenshots display in your first post. Is that a correct assumption?

As for the TV... I don't know why, but when I preview the Analog channels I get only sound and no video, but when I actually play them through MP, I get audio and video. When I try to preview the ATSC channels, I get nothing, but when I play them through MP, I get video only, no audio. So, there is obviously an issue with playing video through the preview. This isn't really a concern to me, but I'm wondering if it gives you any clues to if there is a real problem somewhere? I'm asking because I still can't get those certain MKV files to play and I can't get any audio through ATSC channels.

Any suggestions?

Thank you again, I really do appreciate all of the work that you do on this!

Hi,

I've got a couple updates to my problems from last week that I was hoping you could help with...

When I uninstall SAF, I get my analog and atsc channels audio and video perfectly. I get 95%+ of my downloaded movies and tv shows to play, but anything with AVC video cannot play. I've gone through several of my other files and can play files that have AC-3 audio, but not AVC video.

So, then I re-installed SAF (with and without the "Tools", same result) and set up MP to match the settings in the screenshots in the first post and a LOT of problems come up. First, my TV Service becomes extremely unstable and crashes about every 3-7 min (both when I'm using it and when MP isn't even running). Without SAF installed, it works flawlessly for hours on end. Also, i still get audio and video for Analog, but only video for atsc. And I still can't play my AVC video files. I've tried selecting each of the options for the h264 codec in the list, but none of them work.

Any help??? I'd obviously love to have SAF installed and playing all of my videos, but as of right now, whenever I install it, things are MUCH worse than before.

Thanks a lot!!

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France

@mega180: normally the voices comes out of the center box in a 5.1 or 7.1 config right. So maybe there is something wrong with your centerbox. Do you have sound on the box anywhere, maybe in a stereo config when listening radio or music with your 5.1 device?

Henric

Sorry, I was wrong. I controled and it seems that files with DTS or dolby audio are OK and others have voices very unclear and music ok. I tried different settings on my Audio device without succes. Maybe I'm doing passthrough for all, and not decoding correctly when needed ? How can I check ?

@ Hoborg : did you merge new lines to translate in the french.pbr ?

niels37

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,
    Can someone help me out ?

i use mepo 1.2.1 bluray handler ( latest) and SAF 6

I finally can play iso through damontools in Mepo including Bluray thx to bluray handler plugin.

Sound passthrough ( standard saf install) works great with almost everything..............

Bluray sound isn't working.

Is there something i have to do with configuration codecs ? Since i have no sound at all.

Thx in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom