Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (2 Viewers)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi hoborg, is it possible to get "CyberLink FLV Splitter" back in unlocked SAF, as optional component?

Hi.
Why?
Does it matter? :) LAV splitter has issues working with incomplete (for example seeking while streaming) FLV files. Seems to be ffmpeg problem and Nev said he's not interested in fixing it :( I'm hoping that CyberLink FLV Splitter will work correctly.

+1

Online videos crashes/hangs mediaportal when skipping over the buffer, and it doesn't happen with the PDVD codec.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Does it matter? :) LAV splitter has issues working with incomplete (for example seeking while streaming) FLV files. Seems to be ffmpeg problem and Nev said he's not interested in fixing it :( I'm hoping that CyberLink FLV Splitter will work correctly.

+1

Online videos crashes/hangs mediaportal when skipping over the buffer, and it doesn't happen with the PDVD codec.

if that is true, could be a BIG improvement :D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi hoborg, is it possible to get "CyberLink FLV Splitter" back in unlocked SAF, as optional component?

Hi.
    Why?

Hi.
    I did some test with latest PDVD FLV splitter, and it is not good. It will broke playback of some FLV local videos, some have artefacts in picture, etc...
    So it seems to be not a good idea to add it in to SAF.

To all:
    BTW, here is a SAF test build with latest PDVD11 v.1.0.7190.3125 decoder (*unlocked* SAF olny).
    So if anybody interested, you can try it :)

Taky

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2011
    AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Hi,

I tried to use SAF 6 with Haali Media Splitter because of the file linking. I can only use ffdshow dxva or LAV Video Decoder for playing vc1, but both is stuttering. I can not use Powerdvd 11 or the MS-Decoder (Windows 7), in mpc only the audio is played, mp cannot open the file. after uninstall haali and using lav splitter i can use powerdvd and ms-decoder with vc1 and all works fine.

BUT: file linking doesn't work with lav.

so, how can i decoder vc1 using haali?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

Hi,

I tried to use SAF 6 with Haali Media Splitter because of the file linking. I can only use ffdshow dxva or LAV Video Decoder for playing vc1, but both is stuttering. I can not use Powerdvd 11 or the MS-Decoder (Windows 7), in mpc only the audio is played, mp cannot open the file. after uninstall haali and using lav splitter i can use powerdvd and ms-decoder with vc1 and all works fine.

BUT: file linking doesn't work with lav.

so, how can i decoder vc1 using haali?
    I think the file linking will be supported by LAV splitter soon.
    Haali is old and buggy, dont mix it with SAF6 :)

BTW, where can i get "file linking" samples?

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

You're right. I'd chosen LAV video decoder in MP Config for DVD, and so it was indicated when pressing shift+1 during playback. Graphstudio shows FFDshow for video and LAV Audio decoder for audio.
    So something overrides the entries in MP Config, right?

Taky

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2011
    AW: Re: AW: SAF v6 (based on LAVF)

I think the file linking will be supported by LAV splitter soon.

also ordered chapters?

Haali is old and buggy, dont mix it with SAF6 :)

But it works betten than lav splitter on my system.

BTW, where can i get "file linking" samples?

you can "link" 2 files with mkvmergegui by splitting one file into 2 files or with the header editor (in mkvmergegui). its better when the files you are linking have the same format and the same number of streams - but it should also work with different formats and streams.

edit
    First i had also problems with stuttering and using haali. i could fix that problem by disable the hdmi-audio setting in nvidia driver (ion). I don't use hdmi audio output, i use the realtek spdif-out. i don't understand why hdmi audio must be disable

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi hoborg,

when i install your last version (SAF 6.01) the version of LAV video is not the last one, but 0.39 is it normal ?

Thanks

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi.
    I did some test with latest PDVD FLV splitter, and it is not good. It will broke playback of some FLV local videos, some have artefacts in picture, etc...
    So it seems to be not a good idea to add it in to SAF.

To all:
    BTW, here is a SAF test build with latest PDVD11 v.1.0.7190.3125 decoder (*unlocked* SAF olny).
    So if anybody interested, you can try it :)

Hi, does this test also include PDVD FLV splitter? I would still like to do my tests with it ;)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi, does this test also include PDVD FLV splitter? I would still like to do my tests with it ;)

Nope.

Hi hoborg,

when i install your last version (SAF 6.01) the version of LAV video is not the last one, but 0.39 is it normal ?

Thanks
    Hmm, maybe i forgor to update video decoder? (i am not using it) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom