scanning analog incorrect channel names (1 Viewer)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
See my system for all detailed information.

When I scan with my analog WinTV-PVR-500 dual tuner almost all the channel names are incorrect.
When it scans channel 99 the channel name is also 99.

I use the Driver/application Installer from CD version 3.4D1

When scanning, i only select my country (the Netherlands).

This is the first time I use this card.

For digital scanning all is perfect.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug.
Will add logging and a JPG tonight when I'm at home.

This might just work:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc1-svn-builds-271/pvr150-500-tvserver-unknown-error-39224/

Going to try tonight!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Probably this it's because of how name it's grabbed from teletext, i have the same problems with my card & have to rename the channels to have proper understandable names.
    I have the same problems with other software so it's more a analog signal prob i think(DVB-x it's much better there & all names are good ;) ).

Regards
    Roy

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Me too, but teletext, I wondered how it was supposed to get any name from an analogue signal. my names are mostly not even normal characters but as analogue doesn't work anyway the names are the least of my problems.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As roy already mentioned the names of analog channels are grabbed from the teletext. Unfortunately not all broadcasters are following the standard and use the desired data packet for something different. There is also no error detection etc. in this data packet. This is why sometime the TV-Server detects a wrong name.
    If the desired data packet in the teletext stream isn't found the TV-Server will use the channel number as name.

MisterD

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    does it work properly for some people? I'm thinking it may be better to disable that and always use the channel number. I have 100% bad names apart from the few that use the channel numbers, if everybody geths this then either something is broken or it has turned out not to be a feasable idea.

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Got the same problem in Denmark cable provide Yousee(TDC) with Hauppauge PVR150

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Probably this it's because of how name it's grabbed from teletext, i have the same problems with my card & have to rename the channels to have proper understandable names.
    I have the same problems with other software so it's more a analog signal prob i think(DVB-x it's much better there & all names are good ;) ).

Regards
    Roy

Thanks, for the answer.
    Just 1 question left.
    How can my philips analog embedded scan with correct channel names.

Already started the same topic here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...names-uses-program-name-channel-number-39730/

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Don't know, my ATI card also doesn't show names correct. I have never had any cards working good with that, maybe it is a driver related issue who knows ;)

Regards
    Roy

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The detection of channel names is working for other users. The main problem is that the teletext stream is very error-prone. You need a very good signal to have no errors in this stream. For the normal teletext page therefor exists an error detection and protection algorithm. Unfortunately there is no such algorithm for the data packet which contains the channel name.
    The signal quality is depending on the tuner of your tv card too. Normally you don't get the same quality with the tuners of tv cards as with the tuners of an in-built tuner of a TV.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom