scheduled recordings are paused when another recording is started. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.5.0

Description
    Hi.
    MP Version 1.6 Final (could not choose 1.6 in pulldown menu on top) Sys specs are up to date.
    Since Upgrade from 1.6 pre to 1.6 Final I've encountered problems with more than one scheduled recording at the same time. I have a dual tuner DVB-S2 card so at least 2 recordings in parallel must be possible.
    The first recording starts pretty normal. Then, when the second recording starts, the first one gets paused!!!, not stopped or aborted, until the scheduled recording time is over. I first thought about some hickups in SAT Signal. But this issue is reproducible on my system. I had a look at the log files and see, that the recording runs from scheduled start to stop time, but the .ts only runs from start to the time the next scheduled recording has started...

Sometimes it's the other way round. Then the second recording starts after the first one is finished. Both cases are captured in the attached tswriter.log. "Inspector Barnaby" has started too late at 01:15 (second case) and "Die Garmisch Cops" are finished too early at 05:15 instead of scheduled time 06:00 (first case) The "last changed" date of the .ts file is 06:00 as if it was running as wanted. But the file is to small and it's missing 45 minutes at the end.

I think this is probably caused by schedules priority system not recognising the other free tuner.

As I had the log level set to "error" the log files are not that good, I fear... But I've attached them nevertheless. I now have change this to "Debug" if more logs are needed in future.

The screenshot is showing my two tuners activated in TV Server. Both tuners are having signal and can be used without issues if I manually start recordings or timeshifting on both of them.
    View attachment 143138
    Could this be caused by the change in MySQL (from 5.1 to 5.6, done with install of 1.6 Final)?

I really need to fix this soon or I need to go back to 1.6 pre which was running pretty well here.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Schedule overlapping recordings and see what's happen.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage-1.jpg
      Zwischenablage-1.jpg
      83.8 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Seems you run into : System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. in FindFreeCardAndStartRecord method.
    This is strange and nothing really change on tvserver side (i don't think it's related to MySQL 5.6 but not 100% sure).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    nothing really change on tvserver side
    I know, it's code freeze. That's why I'm thinking about MySQL 5.6. Actually the only change on TV Server side I'm aware of... But I've tested earlier Area51 builds with MySQL 5.6. Those were working pretty well here.

Maybe I'll do a complete reinstall of TV Server later. Maybe this helps. Nevertheless, this is not as it should be, I'm pretty sure.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep the null ref is trigger by something for sure but what is another story :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom