[fixed] Scheduled Recordings Did not record (1 Viewer)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

@Arion_P

can you help me with my Problem,my Logs are in this Thread too?
    There is nothing in your logs regarding scheduled recordings, only EPG grabbing. This is no surprise since you don't use TVServer's scheduler but 4TR. I do not know where 4TR writes its logs and I wouldn't even be able to interpret them as I have never even tried it.

In you error.log there are numerous errors like this one:
    Code:
    2010-03-03 00:14:44.132844 [(4)]: TVController:ValidateTvControllerParams - incorrect parameters used! cardId 2 _cards.ContainsKey(cardId) == True CardPresent False
    2010-03-03 00:14:44.148444 [(4)]:    bei TvService.TVController.ValidateTvControllerParams(Int32 cardId, Boolean checkCardPresent)
       bei TvService.TVController.Type(Int32 cardId)
       bei ForTheRecord.RecorderTuners.MediaPortalTvServer.TvServerPlugin.TvController_Type(Int32 cardId)
       bei ForTheRecord.RecorderTuners.MediaPortalTvServer.Utility.FindTuningDetailOnCard(Channel channel, Int32 cardId)
       bei ForTheRecord.RecorderTuners.MediaPortalTvServer.MediaPortalRecorderTunerService.AllocateCard(Channel channel, CardChannelAllocation[] alreadyAllocated, Boolean useReversePriority)
       bei SyncInvokeAllocateCard(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.Dispatch(MessageRpc& rpc, Boolean isOperationContextSet)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.DispatchAndReleasePump(RequestContext request, Boolean cleanThread, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.HandleRequest(RequestContext request, OperationContext currentOperationContext)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.AsyncMessagePump(IAsyncResult result)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelHandler.OnAsyncReceiveComplete(IAsyncResult result)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.Utility.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
       bei System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.FramingDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceive(IAsyncResult result)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.Utility.AsyncThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(IAsyncResult result)
       bei System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.Complete(Boolean completedSynchronously)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.ReceiveAsyncResult.OnReceiveComplete(Object state)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.OnAsyncReadComplete(Object state)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.FinishRead()
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.AsyncReadCallback(Boolean haveResult, Int32 error, Int32 bytesRead)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Channels.OverlappedContext.CompleteCallback(UInt32 error, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
       bei System.ServiceModel.Diagnostics.Utility.IOCompletionThunk.UnhandledExceptionFrame(UInt32 error, UInt32 bytesRead, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
       bei System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    These are cause by a known issue: either a tuner card is no longer present on your system and you have not deleted it, or you have set the number of DVBIP cards to 0 and you have not deleted the DVBIP card from the list of cards.
    This does not affect scheduling.

fdm225

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Frankly I have no idea why this is happening, but I know we have issues with ATSC cards. None of our developers lives in the U.S., so all development regarding ATSC has been done blindly - no way to test or debug. I know some ATSC users have solved their problems enabling ResetGraph (run SetupTV --DebugOptions to see this extra setting).

Hmm.. So is there any way I can help get this issue resolved? I will try the ResetGraph option but in the interest of seeing it done correctly I am willing to help out in any way I can. If need be I could host a remote desktop for someone to look at the issue (with proper verification that they are a team member of course). I do have coding experience and at some point in time I hope to be able to look at the code but I don't believe I would be able to get up to speed fast enough to help out in this situation.

Please let me know what I can do to help.

Dave

Ps. should I file a bug report on this issue?

stargate12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So I was able to get it to not record a scheduled program again. this time it was all in the family at 8pm (cst) on March 2nd. Here is what I did to create this problem:

1. scheduled two simultaneous records for 8pm (star trek and all in the family)
    2. at 8pm I checked to see what was recording, all in the family was missed
    3. when I checked the guide I could see all in the family marked in red, but when I tried to select it I got a message saying "an unknown error has occurred"
    4. delete the scheduled recording for all in the family, which subsequently made the program listing not red anymore
    5. attempted to select (play live tv) all in the family again and still got a message stating "an unknown error has occurred"
    6. attempted to select a random channel (play live tv), at this point the tuner worked and was able to play the channel
    7. I then went and selected all in the family one last time and it played (live tv) successfully.

logs enclosed:

Please let me know what I can do to help track down what is incorrect.

dave

I have the same problem. It can also be resolved the same way. It is also resovled by reboot.
    i.e. If a show is not recording I can reboot the machine and the show will record.
    I also have this problem when I'm not recording but timeshifting a show. If I leave the channel (check the weather) and comeback I get the "an unknown error has occurred" then if I select another channel and comeback I can view that channel.
    I however am not running RC1. I have one of the latest builds for the Beta (I'm at work and can't remember which one).

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

arion_p: One question:

In order to clear everything, I executeted a 'delete from ' on the schedules table.

Strangely still the - previously scheduled - recordings where marked red in the EPG. Where did MP get this information from after deleting the schedules?? (The 'timer' button in the TV-Menue did not display anything.

Is there another location where schedules are stored?

hamp

Portal Member
    August 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think I have the same problem. When the computer automatically wakes up from sleep the recordings fail but I have no problem with my recordings if the computer is not in sleep and I don't have a problem to watch tv manually after sleep either...

> Changed recording location and now it works as it should!

Niclas

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

@arion_p: One question:

In order to clear everything, I executeted a 'delete from ' on the schedules table.

Strangely still the - previously scheduled - recordings where marked red in the EPG. Where did MP get this information from after deleting the schedules?? (The 'timer' button in the TV-Menue did not display anything.

Is there another location where schedules are stored?

You have to restart TVService to re-evaluate program states and velar Gentle cache.

Sk3wby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2008
    I have same problem. Most scheduled recordings do not happen, even when i manualy start recording it fails. Same in my logs: WaitForRecordingFile - no audio was found after 15.0018581 seconds. Recording seems to work for me only if i restart pc. After resuming from sleep (manual or scheduled) the result is no recording is possible. I can see from my logs that recording repeatedly failed for BBC Breakfast this morning even though i was watching it fine (and live audio was working too).

I am currently using DJBlu's Sky EPG TSWriter but original TSWriter has the same problem.

I had this problem on an earlier SVN before 1.1RC-1 but it was corrected after installing the following SVN. Sorry i can't be more specific, just wanted to say that i had this problem before the release of 1.1RC-1.

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

The reason is displazed in the tv.eeror.log file

2010-03-01 22:10:15.375000 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei TvDatabase.Schedule.ApplyProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule, Boolean clear)

2010-03-01 22:10:31.390625 [Scheduler timer(12)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei TvService.RecordingDetail..ctor(Schedule schedule, Channel channel, DateTime endTime, Boolean isSerie)
    bei TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)

that shows up every 15 seconds

I didn|t have a look at the object in the source code yet, Maz be arion p has a clue...

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    I was avout to say that I have the same problem when I realized that the RC1 install didn't create the "recordings" folder where the server was supposed to save the records...
    I created it and now it's working again. :(

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    me too, my previous thread on this got marked as nobug, trying again it is still not recording (and when it does it doesn't stop).in this case I were actualy watching the programs but they did not record.

How is this possible with a complete test team? I'm beginning to think that live TV is not prio for the developers :(

How many times has it been said? If you want to make MediaPortal better (and you can't code/won't dedicate your time to the project) the very least you can do is provide proper bug reports rather than spouting off in the forums provided for you by Team MediaPortal....not to mention the countless hours/days/months and years that have been put into the project by all the developers/testers only to see your belly-aching on here.

I'm sory and I'm sure I should have left this alone but I can understand the point of view, its a bit frusterating to know that if this isue is fixed there a good chance it'll only be back in a later version and it seemes clear that RC versions are not tested any more than a nightly SVN, in this case for example recording basicly doesn't work in any way, if you tried 2 recordings you would most likely see at least 1 problem, either it wouldn't start or it wouldn't stop. perhaps the test sheets/automated tests and results should be made avalable for anybody who want to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom