[fixed] Scheduled Recordings Did not record (1 Viewer)

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

@arion_p: One question:

In order to clear everything, I executeted a 'delete from ' on the schedules table.

Strangely still the - previously scheduled - recordings where marked red in the EPG. Where did MP get this information from after deleting the schedules?? (The 'timer' button in the TV-Menue did not display anything.

Is there another location where schedules are stored?

You have to restart TVService to re-evaluate program states and velar Gentle cache.

I did serveral rebootsThe schedule table ist still empty. But previously scheduled recordings are still marked red in EPG.Where is this cache located and how can I clear it?

Thank you!

The reason is displazed in the tv.eeror.log file

2010-03-01 22:10:15.375000 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei TvDatabase.Schedule.ApplyProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule, Boolean clear)

2010-03-01 22:10:31.390625 [Scheduler timer(12)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei TvService.RecordingDetail..ctor(Schedule schedule, Channel channel, DateTime endTime, Boolean isSerie)
bei TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)

that shows up every 15 seconds

I didn|t have a look at the object in the source code yet, Maz be arion p has a clue...

Still the same effect. Seems that while the once scheduled program is on tv, no recording for this channel ist possible,not even manually
Reboots don't help.
Once the program ist over (after the scheduled time), recording works again.
Unfortenatly, I can't get rid of the schedule, I cleared the schedule table, but the information is still stored somewhere (I wonder where) and makes recording of this programm (here columbo) impossible.

May be the issue is already registered or even fixed for RC2,I read something like that in the roadmap.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

I did serveral rebootsThe schedule table ist still empty. But previously scheduled recordings are still marked red in EPG.Where is this cache located and how can I clear it?

You are right. After some more testing I realized the code to rebuild program states at startup is missing. For now deleting all schedules and then running the following SQL should do the trick:
    Code:
    update program set state=0
    About the other issue, I will have to check again.

fdm225

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hmm.. I didn't have a table named schedules but I did list the schedule table, is that they same thing?
    Yes my mistake, it is "schedule" not "schedules".

So I was able to get it to not record a scheduled program again. this time it was all in the family at 8pm (cst) on March 2nd. Here is what I did to create this problem:

1. scheduled two simultaneous records for 8pm (star trek and all in the family)
    2. at 8pm I checked to see what was recording, all in the family was missed
    3. when I checked the guide I could see all in the family marked in red, but when I tried to select it I got a message saying "an unknown error has occurred"
    4. delete the scheduled recording for all in the family, which subsequently made the program listing not red anymore
    5. attempted to select (play live tv) all in the family again and still got a message stating "an unknown error has occurred"
    6. attempted to select a random channel (play live tv), at this point the tuner worked and was able to play the channel
    7. I then went and selected all in the family one last time and it played (live tv) successfully.

From your logs:
    Code:
    [B]2010-03-02 20:00:09.973050 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Scheduler: Time to record WWME-CA Chicago 8:00 PM-8:30 PM All in the Family[/B]
    2010-03-02 20:00:09.982050 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Controller: find free card for channel WWME-CA Chicago
    2010-03-02 20:00:09.993051 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Controller:   got 2 tuning details for WWME-CA Chicago
    2010-03-02 20:00:10.002051 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Controller:   channel #1 ATSC:tv:unknown WWME-CA Chicago Freq:-1 ONID:0 TSID:1011 SID:4 PMT:0x40 FTA:False LCN:10000 phys:27 maj:26 min:2 mod:Mod8Vsb 
    2010-03-02 20:00:10.010052 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Controller:    card:1 type:DvbIP is disabled
    . . .
    . . .
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.063112 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Scheduler: MakeFileName() using "moviesformat" (_isSerie=False)
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.074112 [Scheduler timer(5)]: Scheduler : record to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\All in the Family - WWME-CA Chicago - 2010-03-02.ts
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.197120 [(29)]: Recorder.start add audioVideoEventHandler
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.208120 [(29)]: card: StartRecording 2 C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\All in the Family - WWME-CA Chicago - 2010-03-02.ts
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.217121 [(29)]: StartRecording to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\All in the Family - WWME-CA Chicago - 2010-03-02.ts
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.228121 [(29)]: subch:0 StartRecord(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\All in the Family - WWME-CA Chicago - 2010-03-02.ts)
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.240122 [(29)]: subch:0-0 tswriter StartRecording...
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.250123 [(29)]: SetRecorderPids
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.277124 [(29)]: Set video / audio observer
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.289125 [(29)]: DVB subch:0 Started recording
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.298125 [(29)]: card: WaitForRecordingFile - waiting _eventAudio & _eventVideo
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.353128 [(19)]: PID seen - type = Audio
    2010-03-02 20:00:11.362129 [(19)]: Recorder audioVideoEventHandler Audio
    [COLOR=DarkRed][B][COLOR=Red]2010-03-02 20:00:26.372988 [(29)]: card: WaitForRecordingFile - video was found, but audio was not found after 15.0748622 seconds[/COLOR][/B]
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=Red]2010-03-02 20:00:26.382988 [(29)]: card: Recording failed! 2 C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\All in the Family - WWME-CA Chicago - 2010-03-02.ts
    [/COLOR] [/B]2010-03-02 20:00:26.391989 [(29)]: card: StopRecording card=2, user=scheduler18
    2010-03-02 20:00:26.404989 [(29)]: card: StopRecording for card:2
    So the issue here is that the Scheduler tries to tune to the channel, gets the audio stream (2010-03-02 20:00:11.353128 [(19)]: PID seen - type = Audio) but then not video stream for 15 seconds and aborts. After some retries the tuner then fails to even tune to the transponder:
    Code:
    2010-03-02 20:01:16.215838 [(29)]: Exception   :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to tune to channel
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.SubmitTuneRequest(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, ITuneRequest tuneRequest, Boolean performTune)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardATSC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

2010-03-02 20:01:16.218839 [(29)]: Exception   :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to tune to channel
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.SubmitTuneRequest(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, ITuneRequest tuneRequest, Boolean performTune)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardATSC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
       at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
    Frankly I have no idea why this is happening, but I know we have issues with ATSC cards. None of our developers lives in the U.S., so all development regarding ATSC has been done blindly - no way to test or debug. I know some ATSC users have solved their problems enabling ResetGraph (run SetupTV --DebugOptions to see this extra setting).

Hi all,
    I am going to be switching back to my test hard drive, is there anything I can do to help debug the original problem? To recap, on certain scheduled recordings it looks like MP is attempting to initialize the tuner and fails. If I then attempt to tune to the channel I get a message saying an error has occurred. I then have to tune to a different channel and then I can go back to the original channel to have it work.

thanks,
    dave

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Scheduled Recordings Did not record

i have the same problem with scheduled recording after standby. Live TV recording worked perfectly but after standby recordings not worked with RC1.

The issue in this thread probably has nothing to do with standby, so you are seeing a different problem. Please start a new thread and post logs.

Mark

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok... count me in on this one guys... my RC1 install just started doing this as well as other issues.
    Had no problems with 1.1.0 alpha so i may just go back .

Logs attached..

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok... count me in on this one guys... my RC1 install just started doing this as well as other issues.
    Had no problems with 1.1.0 alpha so i may just go back .

Logs attached..

Your logs show 2 things:
    OS Server 2003 -> Not supported
    Signal quality: 10 -> Very bad.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Your logs show 2 things:

This has nothing to do with server 2003, so please only use this excuse unless you know for sure it is the fault of Server 2003.
    Also, i have had no issues ( like these ) with 1.1.0 Alpha or ANY previous versions.
    This issue is caused by TVService crashing very often which has been confirmed ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-1-496/tvservice-dying-very-often-78740/ ).

As far as signal quality goes, it is because TVService crashed.. I tested signal quality with TV-Server configurator ( after server restart ) and also with third party app from Hauppauge and they both show signal quality of 100% when TVService is working Ok ( not crashed ).
    Can supply screenshots to prove.

It is becoming clear that something is seriously wrong with this release ( 1.1.0 RC1 ) simply by the amounts of ( similar ) issues many people are having since its release.

Again, don't be so quick at pointing the finger at the OS.. find the cause first b4 doing that .

I am trying to help you guys find these problems by providing logs, but being shot down without a chance because of OS is not fair to yourselves or everyone else trying to help.

cheers

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Your logs show 2 things:

This has nothing to do with server 2003, so please only use this excuse unless you know for sure it is the fault of Server 2003.
    Also, i have had no issues ( like these ) with 1.1.0 Alpha or ANY previous versions.

Again, don't be so quick at pointing the finger at the OS.. find the cause first b4 doing that .

I am trying to help you guys find these problems by providing logs, but being shot down without a chance because of OS is not fair to yourselves or everyone else trying to help.

cheers

I understand your point, but i must follow the rules. I am told that i may not give support to user with a non-supported OS. Unless the team tells me otherwise i will try to follow it.

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I understand your point, but i must follow the rules. I am told that i may not give support to user with a non-supported OS. Unless the team tells me otherwise i will try to follow it.

I really don't understand the mentality of the devs with their reluctance to pay attention to an "actual" server OS, considering that they have a "TV-Server" setup. Its crazy...

I know i run the risk of being flamed here, but i KNOW that my problems are not Server 2003 ( or WHS ) related which is why i am trying to help you guys... too many others with same issues with supported OS's.
    I have had my fair share of problems running an unsupported OS, and not once have i asked for official help, because i knew i would not get it. These problems were resolved eventually, but when the problem lies within MP/TV-Server there is nothing i can do but try to help you guys help us.

What makes this even more frustrating is that you guys know i am right but still "stick to the rules"..

cheers

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I really don't understand the mentality of the devs with their reluctance to pay attention to an "actual" server OS, considering that they have a "TV-Server" setup. Its crazy...

It is because MP won't work properly on the server OS. Sure, you might be able to _make_ it work, but not always reliably.

I know that the TV service _should_ work fine on this OS, but then if we support the OS for just the TV service, users will complain that MP doesn't work on this setup. We can't win on this one, so having a clear system requirement is easiest.

I know i run the risk of being flamed here, but i KNOW that my problems are not Server 2003 ( or WHS ) related which is why i am trying to help you guys... too many others with same issues with supported OS's.

Well, assuming the others with the same problem are reporting these fully, the team will get to the fix. Personally I cannot reproduce these problems.

I have had my fair share of problems running an unsupported OS, and not once have i asked for official help, because i knew i would not get it. These problems were resolved eventually, but when the problem lies within MP/TV-Server there is nothing i can do but try to help you guys help us.

What makes this even more frustrating is that you guys know i am right but still "stick to the rules"..

The problem is that we don't _know_ you are right. We certainly consider the possibility.

However, the team has very limited resources, and can barely investigate all bugs that are reported on fully supported systems. If we add unsupported systems into the mix, we have no chance at all.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere. Inevitably those people on the other side of that line will disagree.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom