[Bug] Scheduler - first workday is now missing from configuration (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you.

One little note: I could not find the shortcut to program one and the first available event per workday or weekend day in case the show comes a few times a day. I have to program manually, with 0.25h :)eek:)start accuracy and 0.5h :)o) increments in duration. Looks like a little feature request if I am not missing anything.

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If there is episode information available (episode title or episode number), then you can use that to discriminate between recordings.
    Your request requires a (flexible/complex) rule based scheduling system. This is not a part of MP.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK. Let's narrow down my suggestion to more accurate, preferably witin a minute, start and duration for the manual scheduling plus the particular days of the week. This could cover almost all sutuations.

kuzetsa

July 4, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    :oops: End of the work week is friday quite a few places, including the broadcasters whom DID NOT air an episode tonight (just noticed mediaportal tvserver trying to record a sunday-thursday show... who ever heard of that nonsense in the united states?)

I really love mediaportal & glad I found it. Upgraded to the 1.2.0 beta around 2AM "saturday morning" after the weekday TV programming ended (friday night)

To whom it may concern: please disregard OS localization setting entirely.
    The current logic is in fact, a bug / (re)design-flaw.

I dated someone a few years ago had a rather unusual thursday to monday work week... that doesn't mean television shows are going to suddenly run on those days, rather than monday-friday.

:D OP (original poster) --- thanks for posting this thread: it was the first hit on google when I typed:

mediaportal record weekdays sunday thursday friday

Just a thought... I'm NOT going to change the setting on my computer. Would really confuse the heck out of me to have 20 other applications suddenly juggling things around visually on their interface. In my case, the temporary workaround is this:

Code:
    I'll simply add 5 entries for weekday per show / 2 days per weekend show.

Truely less hassle in my case than fixing wrong behavior in other applications from incorrect locale settings.

QFE!!! (quoted for emphasis)

OK. Let's narrow down my suggestion to more accurate, preferably witin a minute, start and duration for the manual scheduling plus the particular days of the week. This could cover almost all sutuations.

Excelent... I think? Not sure if I understood you clearly... When you said "the particular days"
    ... basically, "checkboxes" or some other interface feature to add more than one day a a time?

I've deff. seen some shows which are only on four days a week (some networks run 3 unique weekend programming schedules, one each day from friday to sunday, and then back to a fourth generic schedule from monday to thursday)

:sorry: ... and here's a rant with historical & technical considerations:

All things considered, the notion of 7th day of the week being saturday goes back to the judeo-christian bible & the original practice for the sabbath being on saturday (to this day, 7th day adventists practice saturday church, and the jewish "shabbat" is saturday / day 7 even still in 2011, doubt that'll ever change) Roman empire decided that sunday would be church, and as such, monday-friday is a fairly standard work-week, regardless of changes made to the calendar of several countries.

Good enough... I proofread & edited this like 10 times, including quoting someone else whom I think may have ... I ... am tired.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Thanks for your comments, but this has already been accepted as a bug, so it is just a matter of waiting until it hits the top of someone's list so it gets fixed.

Best wishes,

Mark

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005