Schedules Direct Plugin Channel Mapping (1 Viewer)

HtownWMC

Portal Member
December 13, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I live in the US and get my TV from over the air ATSC. Originally I believe I got my guide data from WebEPG, but that stopped working so I started using EPG Buddy's TVGuide .com link which is also no longer working. To that end, it looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and subscribe to SchedulesDirect so I signed up for my 7 day trial period, input my lineup, downloaded and installed the plugin, and put in my credentials. It seems to be working overall, but...

The guide is not displaying any data for one of my channels, KIAHDT. One of the things I did to get the others working was adjust the channel names, but that didn't help this one. Does anyone have any ideas?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all second-hand or third-hand knowledge...

downloaded and installed the plugin
    There is a "TV Server" plugin for "Schedules Direct". Is this the plugin you installed, or are you referring to something provided by "Schedules Direct"?

The important thing to know about the MP plugin is that it works only with the XML form of the "Schedules Direct" data. The plugin does not work with the JSON form of the data. So you need to ensure that you have selected the XML form in your configuration on the "Schedules Direct" web site (I think that the default is JSON).

The guide is not displaying any data for one of my channels, KIAHDT
    The EPG downloaded from "Schedules Direct" contains the channels that you selected in your configuration on the "Schedules Direct" web site. So check to verify that "KIAHDT" is included in your config.

Another check it to view the XML file that was downloaded from "Schedules Direct", and see if it contains an entry for "KIAHDT". I don't know in which folder the file resides, so you will have to hunt for it.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom