Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi - I am totally new to HTPC software so I hope that this does not sound like a dumb question. I have installed MP 2.2 and everything works great. I wanted to use Patrick's plugin for schedule direct so I downloaded it and unzipped as instructed. When I go to config I get an error, which I am supposing is because I may not have the latest SVN.

Since I have no clue what an SVN is and I did not install one (I just ran the regular MP installer) I searched the wiki and found a page that lists MediaPortal 'Nightly Builds' - v0.2.3.0-RC1-Archiv.

Is this where I get the SVN?

It appears that I would need to then upgrade to MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 correct?

Do I just run the installer for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 and choose repair or do I have to uninstall my current version?

Also, I think if you install RC2 https://www.team-mediaportal.com/download.html
you would not have to worry about installing a SVN build on top of it.

patrick

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Patrick,

I've installed you plugin with the latest MP + TV Server SVN (both from Friday, Sept. 7). The plugin gets the channels, but does not get the EPG - the log file has a MissingMethodException. It's attached. Could you please look at this?

Thanks for the plugin :)

Alex

williamsbg03

October 28, 2006
System.MissingMethodException

I am also receiving the same error message on RC2 with the latest TVServer3 build. Your plug-in is very much appreciated!!!

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Hi,

I'm working on the TVE3 latest SVN, gemx told me the database format of the parental
ratings so should have it tomorrow. (or if I get it done before I go to a bar to watch the game then today ;))

TVE3 version must have a SVN between rev 15551-15760 (8/16/2007-9/05/2007)
I will release a newer download for the 15761+ SVNs of TVE3 but wanted to get a compatible version out for people now.

HTH,
patrick

Peter

January 6, 2007
? $15 Dollars per Quarter Year ?

Am I correct or wrong; the use of "Schedules Direct" will cost $60 per year after the seven day trial?
I can't afford that much for a program guide.

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
You can't afford that? If you think that it's only $5 a month - well, all of a sudden it's not that much money.. But if you say - 'wow, it's $600 for 10 years - that's too much' - well, then it does look like too much and you kinda don't look at the number of years in that statement.. Still too much? Well, then you may think about it that way - nobody forces you to pay that money and nobody forces you to use MP with this plugin and the service - there are other ways of watching TV and all that.. As for me - I made that choice and I don't think $5 a month (even though it might be less eventually) is all that much money for my convenience and peace of mind. In the end I get pretty good software for free here.

And, if you skip going to a bar 2-3 times a year you will definitely save about $60.. :) Or one coffee a month (in case you don't go to bars :) So, this decision is definitely up to you.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Actually the price *should* be much lower after these first 3 months. They wanted to make sure they had enough people to cover expenses, etc. They say that they will be lowering the price to something like 15-20 a year after the first 3 months.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
so should have it tomorrow.

Well I did not make it, I decided to make the ages for ratings configurable so it took longer.
I just finished the code but have not done ANY testing so it may just crash, not work etc.
If you really want to try it out I attached the dll file.
Otherwise I will test tomorrow and upload to the first post in the thread.

Remember this is only for 15761+ SVNs of TVE3.

[edit]Updated the first post with the new version[/edit]
patrick

MSMP

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Okotoks, Alberta (foothills of the Rocky Mountains
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I'm using plug-in for MP SVN, and all works great; except for the many many many update pop-ups.
Is it normal that the schedule gets updated about every hr? I think once or max twice a day should be enough.
Or is that due to some settings I might have overlooked?

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
Patrick,

I've installed the latest version and it seems to work fine - at least it didn't crash anything.. And got all the data - at least that looks like all the data so far.

Thanks a lot!! :) I can almost start watching and record TV now.. Waiting for the latest of IR Server suite... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom