Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated April 2010)

I went to update the dlls for RC4 and the ones used by this plugin are identical to RC3. So it appears that a rebuild is not required.

Cheers.

Geoff

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

What do we know about the First Aired field? I was looking in the MP database and it's always either 1800-01-01 00:00:00 or 1753-01-01 00:00:00

Not sure how MP uses it but are we populating as many fields as we can? Specifically I mention this as they added a checkbox (TV-Server / Recordings) to not rerecord a program based on Episode Title or Episode Number. The database has the Series Name as Title (which would never record but the first show) and I'm not sure we have anything in the Episode Number field... I'll check this when I'm at my MP system but wanted others to begin looking. I think we need to be careful about manipulating too many of these fields unless we know how MP and skins use them - in the case of Title maybe we should ask the developers to clarify and get consistant the use of Episode Name versus Episode Title and whether this is an issue internationally or just here in the US.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

What do we know about the First Aired field? I was looking in the MP database and it's always either 1800-01-01 00:00:00 or 1753-01-01 00:00:00

Not sure how MP uses it but are we populating as many fields as we can? Specifically I mention this as they added a checkbox (TV-Server / Recordings) to not rerecord a program based on Episode Title or Episode Number. The database has the Series Name as Title (which would never record but the first show) and I'm not sure we have anything in the Episode Number field... I'll check this when I'm at my MP system but wanted others to begin looking. I think we need to be careful about manipulating too many of these fields unless we know how MP and skins use them - in the case of Title maybe we should ask the developers to clarify and get consistant the use of Episode Name versus Episode Title and whether this is an issue internationally or just here in the US.

Hey Andrew,

First, the First Aired field seems to get filled in if it's provided. It goes in the originalAirDate database field. The quality of this information is highly suspect for sure. Sometimes, it refers to when the series first began. Other times, it refers to when this episode was actually aired.

Second, here is the list of database fields:

Code:
    idProgram	int(11)	NO	PRI	<null>	auto_increment
    idChannel	int(11)	NO	MUL	<null>	
    startTime	datetime	NO		<null>	
    endTime	datetime	NO		<null>	
    title	varchar(2000)	NO		<null>	
    description	text	NO		<null>	
    seriesNum	varchar(200)	NO		<null>	
    episodeNum	varchar(200)	NO		<null>	
    genre	varchar(200)	NO		<null>	
    originalAirDate	datetime	NO		<null>	
    classification	varchar(200)	NO		<null>	
    starRating	int(11)	NO		<null>	
    parentalRating	int(11)	NO		<null>	
    episodeName	text	NO		<null>	
    episodePart	text	NO		<null>	
    state	int(11)	NO	MUL	0

I don't know of any information that is provided that is not already being added to the database. Let me know if you find that to be incorrect and I'll add it for sure.

As for the checkbox to enable uniqueness, I think if you pick Episode Title, it really only helps for not recording the same Movie more than once and has the horrible side-effect of recording just the first episode of a series... bad. Since the quality of episode number is still not that great, I think that would be a tricky one to use too. I elected to not use that checkbox and just delete duplicates if I get them. I think the combination of episode title/episode name (and possibly episode number) would get closer to not having duplicates depending on the quality of the data.

Cheers.

Geoff

trelm249

Portal Member
    May 25, 2008
    Home Country

Thanks for the update Geoff. It works well on my RC3 install. I am dependent on Schedules Direct for my guide here in the States.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK folks,

I just uploaded the first BETA release that supports thetvdb.com to fill in SxxExx (Season/Episode) information in the episode number so that you can directly add your recordings to the TvSeries plugin.

This is still a bit raw so provide your feedback, please.

Downloads - mp-schedulesdirect - Project Hosting on Google Code

Check out the wiki for more information:

SupportForTheTvDbCom - mp-schedulesdirect - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cheers.

Geoff

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I built a version for RC5. I only built the version with TvDb support. If you're not interested in that feature, you can leave it disabled and the plugin should behave exactly as before.

If you really want the version *without* tvdb.com support rebuilt, let me know, but I'd like to get onto one stream if possible.

Download link: Downloads - mp-schedulesdirect - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cheers.

Geoff

poppabk

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2007
    Home Country

Since enabling tvdb support, every entry in my guide has an epxxxsxx number after it. Is this normal, I am worried that I am accidentally hammering the tvdb.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey poppabk,

Are you looking in the database directly?

If you are, I think you may be looking at the wrong field... The "seriesNum" field in the program table has EPxxxxxxxx in it... this identifies the whole series...

The episodeNum field is either filled with the following 3 items:
    1. "-": When no episode number information is available
    2. "SxxExx": When this plugin finds the episode information on thetvdb.com
    3. Some other number/char combination: The episode number from SchedulesDirect that was either not found or not searched for on thetvdb.com

If you're using a database browser, used the following queries to determine how many entries were found in thetvdb.com:

To find out the total number of entries in your program database:
    Code:
    select count(*) from program

To find out the number of entries that have SxxExx formated episode numbers:
    Code:
    select count(*) from program where episodeNum LIKE 'S%E%'

If you are not using a database browser, let me know where you're finding this info...

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom