Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (3 Viewers)

ejkeebler

Portal Member
January 24, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated April 2010)

OK it seems to work in the scenario where I get an HD Channel(i.e. WFLA - 1008) and map it to what it is in the guide (1008). However it does not work when I get a digital channel say Channel 4, so I have an analog versions of channel 4 and a digital versions of channel 4, so what I did was remap the digital version from channel (72) to channel 4, but I go to the guide and I see channel 4 has guide data and the next channel 4 has no guide data.

Any ideas? I am going to post my TV log shortly, I am removing and readding all my cards and channels for various reasons (i.e missing some clear qam for some reason)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Ok,

I think I may have lost you... I'm a bit out of my element given that none of my digital channels were auto-tuned.

Are channel 72 (digital) and channel 4 (analog) supposed to have the exact same guide data? Does this mean the channels could be combined?

Channel 72 doesn't show up in your SchedulesDirect line-up, right? Is that why you're re-naming it?

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country

yeah 'm sorry it's so cloudy, I will try and provide the REAL WORLD information and then tell my problem, maybe that will help.

Zipcode is 33771 - Lineup in schedules direct is Digital South Pinellas.
    Channel 4 is WTOG (Analog)
    Channel 4-1 is WTOG (Digital)
    Channel 8 is WFLA (NBC Analog)
    Channel 1008 is WFLA (NBC HD Digital)

However when I scan for channels I get Channel 4 analog and named channel 4, I get Unknown 725250-40 (which is actually WTOG 4-1 on my TV, but is one of about 20 channel 72's), I get channel 8, and I get Unknown 533250-20 (which is actually NBC HD, but shows up as channel 105)

If I right click 533250-20 and Change the name to WFLA and change the channel number to 1008, it shows up fine in the guide, just how I would expect and gets the guide data.
    If I right click 725250-40 and Change the name to WTOG and change the channel number to 4, it shows up right after channel 4, but channel 4 above it has the guide data, and channel 4 below it does not.

I would expect both would have the guide data, then my plan was to disable the analog one and just leave the digital one. I did try to combine them at one point, but I was scared, I would only see the analog version and not the digital version??

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK,

In my case, I named my analog channels with just the number (i.e., 8) and the digital channels with number and callsign (8 CBOT). The plugin manages somehow to treat each as the same channel and get guide data for both. Perhaps if you tried something like that in your case, it may work.

The combining channels is a little clunky... when I first tried it, it did not work at all... checked the database and it lost all info for one of the channels... but I tried it in one of the later RCs (1.1) and it appeared to work on one channel anyways. I may try doing that when I get the courage and time to try it.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country

Unfortunately I have tried that too. Once again I am not at home, so I cannot check. I have included my TV.log after removing all channels, scanning for new channels via analog and clear qam. total of 424 channels, most are going to end up being garbage/scrambled. I also renamed the channels with the plugin suing the number / callsign / affiliate, just because I found I get a lot more info on the channel and it helps me rename them later, but most of those channels seem to be getting the correct data. Looks like however, like sum of even my basic channels like USA, did not find anything.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey ejkeebler,

Sorry for the delay... my "real" job got busy ;)

The plugin is clearly not matching your channels... I haven't looked at this part of the plugin before given that it was all in "working" order when I started adding to it...

If you're willing, I'd like to debug.

Here's a version of the plugin with more (read lots) of log messages. install it and retry.

Also, could you run the following commands and upload c:\out.txt for me to see? It will prompt you for the database password... it defaults to MediaPortal (caps are important). If you have SqlServer, I'll have to look into how to get a list of your channels.

If you mysql is in a different directory, change into the proper directory.

Open a cmd window by going to Start->Run and typing cmd and clicking OK.

In the cmd window, type:
    Code:
    cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin
    mysql -u root -p --execute="select * from channel" --vertical mptvdb > c:/out.txt

Send the c:/out.txt and the tv.log and I'll see if I can figure anything out.

Thanks.

Geoff

Attachments

• SpecialDebuggingVersion-SDPlugin.zip
      78.7 KB

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country

no problem, I will try these things as soon as possible. I think I may just take the plunge and get Direct TV, but still pondering the pros and cons.

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country

Using MP 1.1. RC6, Win 7 x64 PVR-2250, mysql 5.1

OK in a nut shell here is what I have done.

1. I deleted all my channels, rebooted, deleted my tv.log.

2. I scanned 1 digital tuner (it found 300+ channels and most are going to be nothing, but if I scan it again I will find 30 more, and again, 30 more etc.)

3. I scanned 1Analog tuner (it found 70 channels)

4. I did not rename ANY channels, forced the guide to update on next tvservice restart.

5. restarted tvservice

6. Changed a known Digital Channel WMOR-TV. I changed the name to read 12 WMOR and I changed the channel number to 12. The channels I have had the problems with are when changing the name and channel number of a digital channel (i.e. wfla, wfts, wfts, wtvt) both show uin the guide and both work, however only the analog version shows the guide data, the atsc version shows no data available. I did not confirm it happened this time and I am at work at the moment, but it's happened every single time I've tried to do it.

7. forced the guide to update on next tvservice restart, restarted TVService.

8. Guide should now be the same for 12 and for 12 WMOR, however, guide data unavailable appears for 12 WMOR, both are channel 12 (I have not verified this happened, but it is what I have been having the problem with)

9. waited for tv.log to stop growing and attached it to this post.

10. ran the SQL you requested and attached it to this post.

Thanks for any insight!!

Attachments

• out.txt
      178.1 KB

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK,

This is good info.

In out.txt, which is the list of all your channels in the database, I don't see the "second" channel 12.... all I see is the analog 12. If you changed the name in step 6, I don't get how I only see one in the out.txt....

still looking...

g

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country

I see them both in there, one listed as name = 12 (114. Row) and one listed as name = 12 WMOR (10. Row). which is right, but it looks like they get different xmltv id's? and I don't see anywhere that it stores the physical channel number?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom