Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated April 2010)

cool,

Don't know how I missed that, thanks :)

So, by previewing your lineup, I can see that it has it messed up

Line 10: 12 WMOR - analog is xmltvid = 21223, but SD says this is digital
    line 114: 12 - digital is xmltvid = 11891, but SD says this analog

Here's a snippet from the preview:

Code:
    Logical Channel  	Broadcast Channel  	XMLid  	Call Sign  	Name
    12 	                            32 	                11891 	  WMOR 	WMOR
    1013 	                    12 	                21223 	WTVTDT 	WTVTDT (WTVT-DT)

I'm really not sure where to go from here... I'm an ATSC newb.

g

ejkeebler

Portal Member
    January 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

ok I have renamed lots of other channels to hopefully get more data to you if it matters at all. Here are the tv.log and out.txt post renames.

Now something you just mentioned was that SD is saying one is analog and one is digital, that is correct. Basically I have 3 versions of some channels an analog version, a digital version and an HD version. I was trying to dump the analog version and replace it with the digital version and then also have the HD version available.

So for instance I have NBC, WFLA on channel 8 analog, WFLA-SD digital version, and WFLA HD on 1008, so I thought just changing the name and channel number of the digital version to WFLA-SD to WFLA and 8, would just give it the same guide data for WFLA channel 8, is that how it should work?

Attachments

• out.txt
      178.6 KB

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I don't believe that's how it works. Your lineup has two distinct channels and they should both get their own guide data... they may end up being similar, but they are distinct.

If the mapping works with the channels named 1008, etc., can you work with that instead of renaming them?

Once you order them the way you like and add channel logos, it shouldn't matter much that one channel is 8 and the other is 1008, right?

g

Linoge

August 14, 2010
    Home Country

Apologies if this is a repost, however, searching the thread did not yield the pertinent keywords, so here goes.

I live in Tennessee, USA, and recently installed MediaPortal to replace TiVo. In the interests of getting my EPG all lined up and good to go, I downloaded this plugin and gave it a shot with Schedules Direct... Unfortunately, I did not get far.

I am running MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 on a 64bit Windows 7 Acer Aspire Revo 3610, and after dropping what I assume to be the most-recent DLL ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/607828-post555.html ) in the appropriate Media Portal -> plugins -> process folder, I got this error:

Failed to locate assembly 'SetupControls, Version=1.0.6.40195, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.

I changed nothing except dropping the DLL in the directory... any help would definitely be appreciated!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

Apologies if this is a repost, however, searching the thread did not yield the pertinent keywords, so here goes.

I live in Tennessee, USA, and recently installed MediaPortal to replace TiVo. In the interests of getting my EPG all lined up and good to go, I downloaded this plugin and gave it a shot with Schedules Direct... Unfortunately, I did not get far.

I am running MediaPortal 1.1.0.0 on a 64bit Windows 7 Acer Aspire Revo 3610, and after dropping what I assume to be the most-recent DLL ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/607828-post555.html ) in the appropriate Media Portal -> plugins -> process folder, I got this error:

Failed to locate assembly 'SetupControls, Version=1.0.6.40195, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null".
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.

I changed nothing except dropping the DLL in the directory... any help would definitely be appreciated!

move the dll to the TV-Server plugin folder and see if it corrects things.

Chuck

Linoge

August 14, 2010
    Home Country

New, different error!

Failed to locate assembly 'Gentle.Framework, Version=1.2.9.1286, Culture-neutral, PublicKeyToken=80b5de62e27be49b'.

Same warning about execution location.

This time, though, the error cropped up after I tried to hit "Ok" after punching in my Schedules Direct information - the interface came up, but saving did not work.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

sorry, I don't have anything else ... I can't reaily help further, as I haven't upgraded to MP 1.1 yet. Hopefully someone else who might be more familiar with that version can step up.

Chuck

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    First post updated with latest information.
    Keep up the good work :)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

I've created a new version. The previous version (svn13) still works fine with MP1.1.0Final, but I've made 2 changes:

1) Restored the SchedulesDirect API now that they've fixed their servers
    2) Added a more aggressive tvdb.com downloader that will update your scheduled recordings as soon as you add a new recording.

Remember, if you want to take advantage of the tvdb.com part of this plugin, make sure that your recordings have the episode number in the filename so MyTVSeries can automatically include your recordings in its database.

For example:
    %title%\%title% - %episode% - %name%

As always, the downloads are available on the google site:

Downloads - mp-schedulesdirect - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cheers.

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom