Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    I can't speak for how others do it, but this is what works for me every time.

1.) do a channel scan.
    2.) log into schedules direct through the browser. Pick your lineup and sort by channel number.
    3.) rename each channel to the call sign that shows in Sd. This is a huge pain and takes forever.
    4.) select the option for the plugin to grab guide data on the next tv server restart.
    5.) go to services.msc and restart tvserver.

Matt

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    rename each channel to the call sign that shows in Sd. This is a huge pain and takes forever
    You don't have to do that, but it does ensure matching works correctly.

To speed up the process, use the import/export section to export your channels. That way you can edit the names in a text editor - much faster than doing it through TV Server configuration. Once you're done, delete all your channels and import from the file.

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    can somebody help me? For the most part the plugin works well (I am running MePo 1.4 with hdhr and schedules direct). I have set my recording filename format to be:

here is some examples of files I see in my recorded TV folder:
    %title% - S%series%E%episode% - %name%

Rules of Engagement - SEP00848764E102 - Young and the Restless
    and
    Late Night With Jimmy Fallon - SEP01126304E869 - -

The %title% seems to resolve ok. %series% resolves to EPxxxxxxxx (I was hoping for season number), %episode% resolves to Exxx (who knows if that is correct) and finally %name% sometimes resolves to the name of the episode otherwise to '-'.

I am trying to get to a format that MP-TVSeries will recognize so I don't have to manually search and identify every single recording.

thank you in advance!

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    What I have been doing is to get the tt number directly from imdb.com web site
    In the address line after finding the film will be the tt #
    2000 version of Rules is tt0160797
    After the name of the file I add a space then [tt0160797]
    Schedules Direct finds it the first and every time...

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    What I have been doing is to get the tt number directly from imdb.com web site
    In the address line after finding the film will be the tt #
    2000 version of Rules is tt0160797
    After the name of the file I add a space then [tt0160797]
    Schedules Direct finds it the first and every time...

you have lost me. I get the tt number (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790772/?ref_=sr_1) from IMDB. But where do you add that? To the filename of the recording (and if so how do you automate that so that it works with all shows), or to the MP-SeriesTV search dialog box when it does not find it automatically and prompts you to manually search.

I guess the question becomes, what should the filename format be when I configure the TV server to save recordings so that MP-TVSeries picks it up automatically?

thanks for chiming in!

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

First off, the data from SchedulesDirect does not have the SxxExx information that can be directly used in MP-SeriesTV, unfortunately. The Season from SD is some unique identifier and the episode is actually the episode number from the beginning of the series. Neither of those will help with a lookup to thetvdb.com that MP-SeriesTV use.

I ran into the same problem as you and had extended the SD plugin a while ago to search for thetvdb.com information and save the SxxExx information in the "episode" field in the EPG.

So, the plugin will allow you to do this search for scheduled recordings, it will search for the SxxExx values. In some cases it will not find the match and you can look on the wiki (http://code.google.com/p/mp-schedulesdirect/wiki/GeneralConfigWiki) with how you can specify thetvdb.com id number directly.

@breese is describing how you would manually modify the file name of recordings after the fact for MP-SeriesTV to pick it up. To me, this is not ideal because it's too much work.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Cheers.

Geoff

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    OK,

First off, the data from SchedulesDirect does not have the SxxExx information that can be directly used in MP-SeriesTV, unfortunately. The Season from SD is some unique identifier and the episode is actually the episode number from the beginning of the series. Neither of those will help with a lookup to thetvdb.com that MP-SeriesTV use.

I ran into the same problem as you and had extended the SD plugin a while ago to search for thetvdb.com information and save the SxxExx information in the "episode" field in the EPG.

So, the plugin will allow you to do this search for scheduled recordings, it will search for the SxxExx values. In some cases it will not find the match and you can look on the wiki (http://code.google.com/p/mp-schedulesdirect/wiki/GeneralConfigWiki) with how you can specify thetvdb.com id number directly.

@breese is describing how you would manually modify the file name of recordings after the fact for MP-SeriesTV to pick it up. To me, this is not ideal because it's too much work.

I hope that helps clear it up.

Cheers.

Geoff

Geoff,

thank you, I got it figured out. After I turned the tvdb integration on in the schedules direct plugin, I was testing by recording random shows on demand and not waiting for a scheduled 'series' record to take place (that's when the tvdb lookup happens per the documentation). Once one such show recorded the season and episode number were populated correctly.

thanks again!

K

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Cool. Just want to clarify one thing.

In fact, once the tvdb integration is enabled, it doesn't wait for the recording to occur... On the ScheduleDirect update of EPG data, it searches all scheduled recordings and processes those EPG entries that match and tries to add the SxxExx data to the EPG. So, when the recording actually occurs, MP simply extracts the information from the EPG to put into the filename (%episode%).

You can see in the EPG when you cruise through the TV guide that the information is updated on scheduled shows to show SxxExx info.

Glad it's working for you.

Cheers.

Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom