Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (1 Viewer)

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Cool. Just want to clarify one thing.

In fact, once the tvdb integration is enabled, it doesn't wait for the recording to occur... On the ScheduleDirect update of EPG data, it searches all scheduled recordings and processes those EPG entries that match and tries to add the SxxExx data to the EPG. So, when the recording actually occurs, MP simply extracts the information from the EPG to put into the filename (%episode%).

You can see in the EPG when you cruise through the TV guide that the information is updated on scheduled shows to show SxxExx info.

Glad it's working for you.

Cheers.

Geoff

Geoff,

the way I read the documentation is there are three ways to get season and episode information via tvdb (you described one of the three above). The rest are described here:

In the latest version (svn18 or later), the plugin will refresh all the tvdb.com information for all scheduled recordings every time a new recording is added or if the TVService.exe is started. This means you don't have to wait for up to 13 days to get newly scheduled shows information.

That means that TVDB lookups occur:

1) when EPG is updated
2) when a new recording is added to the schedule
3) when TVService.exe is started

am I reading this wrong?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ha!
    Too funny... you're absolutely correct... I've been away from this code for long enough to forget how I implemented it :)

So much for me clearing thing up :)

Thanks.

Geoff

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    no worries. As you can see I spent quite a bit of time going over this as I was stuck! All good now.

SVoyager

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've got a small issue I could use some help with.

I have moved my capture card from my HTPC to a dedicated server and I am running it in tvserver only mode and the HTPC now runs with client only MP. I initially had some issue just installing the plugin because for some reason there is no extensions installer installed in tvserver only mode so there is no way for me to process the .mpe1 file of the scheduledirect plugin. (a bit annoying that its gonna be problematic trying to keep things up to date. The extension installer was great for dealing with that)

I went to my HTPC and I took the scheduledirect dll from there and moved it over to the server. So far things went well, plugin is working and I could set things up.

However I have an issue, while the plugin is able to update the channel listing, it is not showing any guide data. I only have the channels but no program info, impossible to schedule anything. So I am not quite sure what is wrong.

When I look at the logs however I have this error that pops up:
    [2013-07-25 12:01:21,800] [Log ] [TvDbThread] [ERROR] - Error trying to update tvdb.com info: Could not load file or assembly 'TvdbLib, Version=0.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Looking at the error, my guess is that there was probably more than just the dll to transfer over but I am at a loss as the error message doesn't state specifically which file is missing. The problem could be something else too, but the only error I get in the logs is this one.

Any ideas??

SVoyager

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2013
    Québec
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ahh, thanks that fixed everything!

No idea why there is no extension installer for a tvserver only install. Making things quite a bit more complicated.

Anthyony Davis

Portal Member
    November 27, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Home Country
    Hi Geoff, not sure if this has been asked and answer but, will there be an update to SD EPG plugin for Mediaportal 1.4 anytime soon.
    When using the latest version I constantly have issues with getting data added to xbmc EPG guide. Some channels get data for one day while others get data for 10 days. Not sure if there's a work around or any advice, but I certainly prefer the SD EPG plugin, I get more data than any other EPG plugin I've tried.

Thanks in Advance

Anthyony Davis

Portal Member
    November 27, 2012
    Herndon, VA
    Home Country
    After using the latest schedules direct plugin, I'm unable to get more than one day of EPG data in my guide. I have schedules direct set for 10 days but only getting one. Can anyone give feedback on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom