Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Your problem is not related to the EPG, any plugin or the schedules. Your HD HomeRun isn't properly configured, it is not working in MP. Looks as if it is in use by another app:
    [ERROR] - Failed to preload device HDHomeRun Prime Tuner 131AE848-2 uuid:55DDB824-24CE-3D96-A9FF-5A0D71504488!
    TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: DRI CC: tuner appears to be in use
    This may have many reasons and, as the TV server part is nearly the same in MP1 an MP2, you most likely will have the same issues again, if you swap over to MP1.

As I don't know ATSC in general (living in Europe where we have DVB) or HD Homerun and how to use them, I sadly can't give further help here...
    Maybe @breese can give a hand here as he is living in US and is using ATSC together with MP2...

This is especially true given the fact that MP1 does have a plugin manager available.
    Yep, that's true, but in MP2 you don't need that much plugins as all major features are build in directly. In MP1 you need to install lots of plugins to get all main features working.

EPG in general is a very complicated thing to set up, no matter which version you choose. On WMC Microsoft has provided a nice working EPG, but that cost lots of money every month. This amount of money we can't spend as we earn nothing with MP and even Microsoft isn't willing to spend it any longer. That's the main reason why WMC is abandoned from Win 10.
    The configuration of SD nearly is the same in MP1, only the copy of the dll into the matching folder is easier done by the plugin manager...

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I double-checked my HD Homerun PRIME's configuration and found that the BDA compatibility was not correctly set. To my astonishment, I found that there was a setting specifically for MP! Needless to say, I promptly corrected this mistake. Now, however, only two of the tuners appear to to set up correctly. The third tuner insists on remaining locked out no matter what I do! Now what?

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Home Country
    PROGRESS REPORT: After uninstalling and reinstalling MP2, and running a few hardware diagnostics, I now have all three tuners to the point where they have all channels loaded and appear to be grabbing EPG data. The data is still not showing up in the main program, however. I have memberships in both SD and zap2it. I have not yet enabled any of the "built-in" plugins. Should I now do so, and, if so, which?

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I tried xml, but nothing seemed to happen, so I switched to WebEPG. That seemed to be doing something, but when I attempted to check the Program Guide in the main program, I got no less than 4 error messages saying that "Get Channel" had failed. Hopefully, this means I am making SOME sort of progress!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom